Another One Bites the Dust

JackalR

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Sigh. As the title says another one is gone. This has been the second subtank mini glass that needs replacing.

Was late last night after a few bruskies with the mates around the fire during load shedding time. As we decided to call the night quits I got up and wanted to put my Sig 150W with STM into my front jean pocket. Now we all know how difficult it is to do this when sober so I was at a slight handicap. Anyways said mod goes crashing to the brick floor outside. Take a quick look at it and all looks good, do a fire test and yup it still works, take a toot and yup performing as admirably as it always did.

Woke up this morning and I decide to look at it thoroughly seeing as I didn't have the ideal lighting conditions and low and behold a nice neat line going from the top to the bottom. Have to say though there isn't any leakage but I imagine if I have to take the tank apart all hell will break loose.

So put a order in for another 2 replacement glasses (I dropped the first one (tank only) and that shattered quite spectacularly).

Safe to say lesson learnt.

On a side note are there more robust rtas out there that could handle a beating, not that I treat my gear badly but accidents do tend to happen.

Anyways

Happy Vaping

JackalR

Been down this path before, and the only thing that can handle continuous abuse is a REO. All Steel, no electronics, simple. 'Nuff said.

Hahaha, yeah Ive been looking at getting one, just they a tad on the expensive side.

Either a reo or possibly a tank with a steel chamber instead of glass, will suffer the odd dry hit if necessary

Hahaha, yeah Ive been looking at getting one, just they a tad on the expensive side.

Either a reo or possibly a tank with a steel chamber instead of glass, will suffer the odd dry hit if necessary
Like this one with a SS tank?

NBhlVT6.jpg

Those silicone/rubber vape bands and ordering like a set of 10 spare glass tanks off of fasttech.

Tank with rings on is less likely to break. Want to get a few for myself soon

bv-vapeband-2.jpg

or .. just go to your local hardware store, buy a couple of o-rings and fit 2 or 3 around the glass to absorb the majority of impact on your next drop and save your glass part.

those bands can be found locally , or you can grab some clear sticky tape and wrap your glass twice before you fit it .

What about a plastic bell cap for your STM?

Not entirely a fan of the bell cap, will first try the sello tape method and see how it goes from there

Back