Another Svd Button Problem

360twin

ex vaper
LV

Awards
My firing button also started messing about after about 2 months of every day usage. It was really weird as sometimes it would work 10 times in a row, and then refuse to work at all until I unscrewed the battery, discharged the board, and re-assembled it again. Sometimes it only worked in my right hand, other times only with my left hand ...

Anyhow, after Vape King confirmed that it was still under warranty, I returned it for assessment. After a week or so their local branch agent dropped a replacement off at my house this afternoon (how's that for service - big thanks again, Michael! ;)). This one's fire button feels a great deal better than my original one - the travel is less and it fires immediately you feel the 'click'.

And wow, is it good the have it back again! I'd been using my PT3 on a Spinner in the interim, and while this worked well (and looked good too), the long charging time (~4 hours) had me remembering to charge it overnight, every night. I also had to re-employ my Evod batteries to run my two mPT3's, which meant I was vaping at 9W with the standard 1.5 ohm coils, but they worked well and looked pretty decent too (they are silver). Pretty glad I didn't get rid of them!

I have been looking at other VW mods, but nothing satisfied all my requirements as the SVD does. The fault seemed to be at odds with the apparent quality of the device, as while some may not like the style, the execution and detail is good. My wife's CoolFire 2 has worked flawlessly from day one, and also appears very well made with equally impressive detailing. Innokin appear to really care about quality, but guessing how many of these they make daily and their price, maybe a fair number of faults should be expected.

Thanks very much @Stroodlepuff for sorting me out, and @VapeKing for replacing it without any issue. Any warranty is only as good as the dealer behind it :D

One of my SVD's is also developing a firing button issue but it works 99% of the time. When it drops to 98% I will tear it appart and MacGyver it. So what if it has "issues", I love these things.... and they look awesome! The only thing cooler looking is the iTaste 134, but this has no display or resistance checker.

Thanks for the info @360twin , will also be taking one of SVD's back to Vape King as the button is really annoying.
Hopefully mine will be replaced as well without any service fees.

Hopefully mine will be replaced as well without any service fees.

As was explained to me, they will need to check and see if the fault can be corrected before replacing it. I know getting a new one sounds better, but this may not be the case - from what I've read once repaired they work properly, a new one may have the same fault as previous :p

Also, the fault may be due to juice penetrating the top cap, which isn't covered by the warranty.

My main concern was not whether it was repaired, but rather what it might look like afterwards. @ShaneW 's post on his repair was quite informative, so I'm sure whoever VK uses will know how and what to do.

Back