Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
Does anyone know guitars on this forum?
I want to sell my one guitar and want to find out what it is worth.
It's a Cherry black 1987 Jackson Charvel Model 4 with shark fin inlays.
Any ideas?
20140819_182436.jpg
20140819_182217.jpg
20140819_182341.jpg
20140819_182311.jpg

Charvel is owned by Fender and are usually priced on the higher end of the scale. I cant put a price on this one, but my best guess would be around the 20k plus mark. It is USA made, unlike most of the stuff nowadays that are coming out of China. I honestly dont know if anyone would buy it though. South Africa doesnt have a good market for guitars. You could contact Toms Music for an estimate value.

In saying that, i recently bought a 1976 Morris 12 string acoustic for R100. Yes, a hundred bux, slightly damaged, but R50 later i got it fixed good. I would estimate the Morris at about 6k, if it wasn't damaged.

Your axe looks very nice. I would keep it if i were you!

I am a guitar fanatic myself and can give you my 2 cents worth.

The guitar you have is actually a Japanese model which is the upgraded 1987 model. The Charvel Model series are some of the best import guitars ever built and were ranked amongst some of the top bolt-neck guitars. Here is a link if you want to go read up on the guitar: http://www.vintageguitar.com/15981/the-charvel-model-4/

Unfortunately with us South Africans not being as appreciative of the arts, you will not get much for it though. I have seen the 1986 model (without the bound fingerboard and shark’s teeth inlays) sold for as little as R 1000. I know of some of the 1987 models that have been listed for between R4000 to R7000 in SA but imho I think it is definitely worth more but I do think it will be a tough sell. If you don't urgently need the cash you should would rather hang on to it until you can find someone who will really appreciate it for what it is. Hope this helped.

Thank you @Bonez007 and @StingRay999 !
Awesome link @StingRay999 .
I will see what the offers are, but if it's not what I think it's worth I'll just keep it.
Really an awesome shredder! And it's spotless! I'm not hard up for a sale.
Thanks for the input guys!!!

I didnt even know that company made guitars in japan at that time! 7k sounds like a sad price to sell it at. I also say hold on to it!

Edit: advertise it on guitar forums sa, see what offers you get. Maybe you will find a fanatic that is willing to pay the price.

Keep it! I own a Jackson RR3 pro and a Fender Stratocaster, and if I were you I'd swap the two single coil pickups for some Fender Strat pickups for the best of both worlds! The humbucker in the bridge is a Jackson J50BC, and it's worth more than you will be able to sell it for.

Cool guitar overall, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back