Banting

Your are not vooping at the moment, are you:D.

It does have this effect on some people in the beginning stages of banting. Best imo is to do a course of probiotics.

Ok thanks, will look into the probiotics as an option .. however, how long does this "beginning" stage last? Does it return to normal again?

Morning All. Quick question... I know this might be a little personal, but does banting make you constipated? :blush:

I wanted to know what I could eat to assist with this? Something high in fiber that does not contain to much carbs? What is permissible should I ask..

Thanks All
Yip, we all have a bit of a traffic jam going on, they say it passes. I've heard that a teaspoon of olive oil is said to help things along, haven't tried this yet, yuck. Things are slowly starting to move along on their own again though :)

Ok thanks, will look into the probiotics as an option .. however, how long does this "beginning" stage last? Does it return to normal again?
I have no idea. This was mentioned in passing by some of our banting friends. Not the sort of subject one seeks to get details and progress reports on.

We're almost at 2 weeks and it has only now started coming right.

Lol... It's such a touchy subject hey! It feels as though my tummy isn't getting any slimmer because of this. Also, I cannot eat regularly because ya...

Lol... It's such a touchy subject hey! It feels as though my tummy isn't getting any slimmer because of this. Also, I cannot eat regularly because ya...
Lol, hang it there....it will pass:p

Yes I will eat if I'm hungry... But I don't feel like I will get hungry, if you know what I mean. I don't get appetite anymore.
That's perfectly normal :) Nothing to do with constipation, it's because you're eating enough and your food satisfies you and you're not craving the carbs anymore :)

We are all eating soooo much less. Feels like I'm cooking for an Army when you look at all the leftovers.
BUT leftovers make great breakfast and lunch :D

So I'm making caulipizza :D
Cauliflower is in the oven cooking then I have to make a dough out of that :eek:
Hold thumbs it works :blush:

So I'm making caulipizza :D
Cauliflower is in the oven cooking then I have to make a dough out of that :eek:
Hold thumbs it works :blush:
We have made caulibases many a time. Great. We usually steam the cauliflower, then press it in cheesecloth to get moisture out, add stuff, press out in in the baking tin and bake in the oven. Thereafter add all the goodies and bake.
Good luck. Let us know how it came out.

It was yummy but my crust crumbled away :rolleyes:
I'll learn :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
For the guys in Cape Town there is a coffee shop at Sandown Retail called Bread and Butter that have banting dishes on their menu :)
The owners are heavily into it and their food is awesome, they even do a banting cheesecake :

@Nooby Try adding some flaxseed to your your diet, that should do the trick to get stuff moving along again, or a warm glass of water and lemon in the morning and green tea in the evening.

Who has tried the "bread" recipe from the book I'm interested to get opinions before I try the pasta recipe!

Back