Banting

EHGVDxi.jpg

Sheep fat is dirt cheap - 1.5 KG of sheep vat from Fruit and Veg meat market is R15... get yourself a lekker swart pot and prep the vat.... drain the vat into a metal container and you have healthy lard to prep veggies in.

best recipe for a good breakfast:

1. knob of butter + hand-full of fatty biltong fry until crispy
  2. prep omelet (2-3 eggs)
  3. throw in the biltong and top it of with some cream cheese and chopped chives

you will not get hungry untill 16:00

SERIAS
Great.... now there is slobber all over my desk :confused:

i'm definitely gonna give this a go!!! 2014, seems to be my year of changing my life for the better!!!! :dance: :rock:

We find if we do not have a proper breakfast in the morning - eggs, bacon, sausages, the works, by the afternoon we become flat, without energy. But who has time for that every morning. So what we do is to have about 2/3 heaped tablespoons of muesli (Jungle Energy Crunch - Granola) mixed with a lot of double cream yoghurt, which sees one through till supper. The muesli is obviously a no-no, but works for us - still lost 15 kg, but my weight seems to have stabilised now (work in progress are new wardrobes for us!). Best double cream yoghurt for us is the Pick 'n Pay brand followed by Woolworths's. The recipes in the Noakes book are awesome, we have done many of them. Afrikaans translation of the book should be available in July 2014.
Shall post the lists shortly.

We find if we do not have a proper breakfast in the morning - eggs, bacon, sausages, the works, by the afternoon we become flat, without energy. But who has time for that every morning. So what we do is to have about 2/3 heaped tablespoons of muesli (Jungle Energy Crunch - Granola) mixed with a lot of double cream yoghurt, which sees one through till supper. The muesli is obviously a no-no, but works for us - still lost 15 kg, but my weight seems to have stabilised now (work in progress are new wardrobes for us!). Best double cream yoghurt for us is the Pick 'n Pay brand followed by Woolworths's. The recipes in the Noakes book are awesome, we have done many of them. Afrikaans translation of the book should be available in July 2014.

Wow, thank you so much @Matthee

Ok, so I'm reviving this thread after nightfears posted his pics.

Rob and Andre and HP have lost weight on this way of eating. (not calling it a dieet!)

I am really thinking of starting this thing and giving it horns!

I've tried the Whole 30 thing, but damn that first 30 days are hard! This sounds a lot like the whole 9 kind of thing and it is very very doable!

Is there any "Whole 30" kind of resetting necessary?

Ok, so I'm reviving this thread after nightfears posted his pics.

Rob and Andre and HP have lost weight on this way of eating. (not calling it a dieet!)

I am really thinking of starting this thing and giving it horns!

I've tried the Whole 30 thing, but damn that first 30 days are hard! This sounds a lot like the whole 9 kind of thing and it is very very doable!

Is there any "Whole 30" kind of resetting necessary?
Do not know the "Whole 30" thing, so cannot answer your question. Probably not. But do get the book.

Best diet ever, you will be surprised how easy it is. You wont feel hungry all the time, you will have more energy, sure you going to miss somethings but after the first week its smooth sailing.

This is my second time this year on it and I am on week 2 now. I failed the first time due to one cheat day ended up being cheat week etc etc. But I solidly holding my ground this time, summer body is calling.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Best diet ever, you will be surprised how easy it is. You wont feel hungry all the time, you will have more energy, sure you going to miss somethings but after the first week its smooth sailing.

This is my second time this year on it and I am on week 2 now. I failed the first time due to one cheat day ended up being cheat week etc etc. But I solidly holding my ground this time, summer body is calling.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Cool stuff! Thanks Giz!

The afrikaans version is R.100 cheaper than the english version of the book. :-D Bargain!
With my last whiskey diet I lost 3 days.

The afrikaans version is R.100 cheaper than the english version of the book. :-D Bargain!
With my last whiskey diet I lost 3 days.
In the first edition they officially approved dry wine and whisky/brandy/cognac (neat), but after some complaints removed it from subsequent editions. Of course I use only the first edition.

What? No Rice, Pasta, Potatoes, Bread or Corn? This does not sound very budget friendly :(

And no peanuts.... Elvis' Breakfast will fill that gap nicely

FYI. A banana is technically a berry ;)

I am a bit of a stickler for a protein breakfast for my kids and have found a very quick way of doing an eggs and bacon type breakfast. Buy an omelette maker from Tupperware and keep basic filler ingredients chopped and ready to go in the fridge. Takes literally 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

im gona give this a try and see how it goes

i need to get into shape for the mr clifton competition

Back