Billow V2 Stainless Steel RTA by Ehpro?

@Chukin'Vape - been kinda stable since yesterday with standard wicking, haven't tried the vertical coil yet, never done one so I need a bit of a tutorial for the wicking - any pointers?

Well damn, the mystery leak strikes again.. been ok since I wicked it yesterday. A few minutes ago, the leak spontaneously started.
It's weird because it happened while the billow was standing on my desk. I don't carry it around much because of the leaking, hadn't even moved it for a few minutes and BOOM the leak started.

There is only one logical explanation.

My billow is HAUNTED BY EVIL GHOSTS

(Or kanger has sent a ninja to mess with it because I've badmouthed them)

Well damn, the mystery leak strikes again.. been ok since I wicked it yesterday. A few minutes ago, the leak spontaneously started.
It's weird because it happened while the billow was standing on my desk. I don't carry it around much because of the leaking, hadn't even moved it for a few minutes and BOOM the leak started.

There is only one logical explanation.

My billow is HAUNTED BY EVIL GHOSTS

(Or kanger has sent a ninja to mess with it because I've badmouthed them)
The only time mine managed to leak was when the chimney section was not tightened all the way down. I did not even notice it at first, only when I tried fastening the tank onto the base and noticed that it did not tighten down all the way...

Perhaps you have this issue?

I have had zero leaking issues on mine even since that one time....

Hope you get it working... oh, perhaps, check that all the o rings are in place... there are two at the top and one at the bottom... if memory serves, hehe had to figure it out since my ultrasonic vibrated them all out of place and had to build puzzle as I did not note where they where before putting it in the ultrasonic, hehe

I've checked all the obvious culprits - chimney, o-rings (swapped for new ones), careful wicking, government bribes etc. :confused:

I've checked all the obvious culprits - chimney, o-rings (swapped for new ones), careful wicking, government bribes etc. :confused:
LOL that was funny!!! HEHE

Then i'm sorry bud, don't know what it could be then... but hope you get it sorted, let us know if and when you do.. just in case some one else's springs a leak....

@method1 - where in jhb are you?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.

Hmmm, that is a bit out of my way... But will see if I can use my afternoon off to get to you and try to help.

Alternatively, is there anyone that can help a brother out and check his Billow?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.

@method1, I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and no leaks at all.

Can you verify that all o-rings are in place ?
upload_2015-7-22_22-56-10.png

There is one on the deck assembly itself (base cover) that seals to the chimney, one on top of the sealing tube, one for the glass at the bottom of the chimney, one to the top of the chimney to seal at the top cap. There are 2 o-rings for the seal at the top cap, a snug fitting one for the inside of the glass tank and another that seals between the glass and the top cap itself. The 2 on the drip tip should not matter in this case.
The one on the sealing tube can come out far too easy for my liking.

As mentioned, check that the sealing tube is screwed all the way down onto the ridge on the deck, and check that you do not accidentally trap any wicking material in it. For conventional wicking, the wick should only reach into the the wick nooks, not the channels itself.

If you are adventurous, disassemble the deck and check the o-ring below it too. It's visible on the pic above, but the 3rd pic on this ECF post is quite clear :
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-billow-v2.668951/page-3#post-15823474

Last edited:
@Kuhlkatz - All the o-rings are there for sure. Here's a pic of a fresh wick to show how I generally do it. The wicking is a tiny bit shorter than usual.

Will be trying Chuck's vertical build after this.

IMG_3258.JPG

Eish. Totally bummed for your sake here, but I have no other ideas.

Are there any bubbles rising when it leaks ? If not, I can only assume that the leak is at the top of the glass or chimney somewhere.
Normally after a full toot, with the unit tilted, I can see two bubbles rising from the bottom section of the chimney. To me that's an indicator that no air is getting in from the top, and that the pressure is properly equalized when the joose is vaporized.

I have mine all over the show, upside down in my hand, standing upright on my desk all day or lying on it's side on the couch when in front of the telly.

@Kuhlkatz - All the o-rings are there for sure. Here's a pic of a fresh wick to show how I generally do it. The wicking is a tiny bit shorter than usual.

Will be trying Chuck's vertical build after this.

View attachment 31922
Do me a favor and make the wicks longer. Cut it tapered that the thin part touches the very bottom of the juice channels. (yes, i know the possibility of dry hits will now increase, but I want to try and eliminate wicking as the culprit here)

Hope these pics show what I mean... (I don't normally wick like this, just did it so that you can see what I mean)

Qzhb7No.jpg

uNPRpDK.jpg

in that top picture it does not look like the chimney section is tightened down all the way... is this how you install it or did you just take the picture while not screwing it down all the way?

on mine, it had leaking issues because of that chimney section not tightened all the way down.. well it had the issue once.. hehe

in that top picture it does not look like the chimney section is tightened down all the way... is this how you install it or did you just take the picture while not screwing it down all the way?

on mine, it had leaking issues because of that chimney section not tightened all the way down.. well it had the issue once.. hehe
I just didn't tighten it down fully. Wanted to better show the wick sticking out at the bottom.

I have been vaping it from Monday until yesterday without that chimney and had no leaks.:-D (I forgot to put it on because my kayfun v4 and my Goliath V1 does not have the separate chimney section.)

Perhaps try replacing the o ring atop of the airflow control? Could be a broken seal

H O L Y..... ****!!
One word for this tank...
INSANE!
Built my coils, 2.5mm ID 8 wraps spaced using 28G VapoWire, got to 0.69 Ohms. Running @ 25watts on a Smok M80 X-Pro Plus.
Coils centered over the air holes, as close to them and posts as I could go without shorting out.
Wicked similar to the Goblin using Dischem Organic Cotton, tails cut to be tucked half way down the juice wells, juiced up and tucked in loosely with excess cotton pushed up to the deck.
Now made my first mistake...
Filled up with 12mg Ambrosia!
First hit, almost coughed up a lung... No, not a dry hit, an INTENSE flavoured hit!
A few more puffs, going better, taste is amazing, puff some more, second mistake...
Silver!!!
Currently lying down hydrating and recovering.
But man this is one beast of a tank.
Anyone even vaguely considering getting one....
Just DO it :rock::rock::rock:

Last edited by a moderator:
argh.. the mysterious leak started again.. been upright the whole time and suddenly juice starts coming out the airflow :eek:

haven't managed 24hrs without a leak on this thing

Back