Bumpedy Bump - Vape Mail!

Would love to hear you comparative comments re: Ekowool vs. Ceramic wick.

Oh, can give that to you now. Have done quite a few hollow Ekowool coils - 2 mm triple with ugly coil, 2 mm double with ugly coil, 2 mm with mandrel inside and neatly coiled - like your photo tutorial - have also done the mandrel method with spaced coils. Have used both ribbon and wire. All of these on a Reomizer. Of those I preferred the 2 mm single with a mandrel and neat coil with wire, not ribbon. The thicker (folded over) Ekowool maybe kept more juice, but the flavour was a bit muted for me. That is why I want to try the mandrel inside method on a single strand of 4 mm hollow Ekowool.

Between the Ekowool and the Ceramic I preferred the Ceramic, but not a vast difference. Have lately being trying Rayon, which so far I like a lot. My order of preference at this stage, all factors considered:
  1. Ceramic
  2. Rayon
  3. Hollow Ekowool
  4. Bamboo yarn
  5. Cotton
The first 3 are all good for me as far as flavour goes. Ceramic is just so long lasting. Rayon is easy and longer lasting than cotton and gives better flavour than cotton. Ekowool is quite long lasting but more of a bother as you have to recoil every time you want to rewick.

The last two are only for emergencies.

Last edited:
zivipf rocks...gr8 choice, good prices and fast shipping, at least for me :D ... how long does it take to SA?
Shipped on 11/07/2014. Received today in the sticks where I live. Quite fast with reasonable shipping rate (5 Euro insured with tracking).

Oh, can give that to you now. Have done quite a few hollow Ekowool coils - 2 mm triple with ugly coil, 2 mm double with ugly coil, 2 mm with mandrel inside and neatly coiled - like your photo tutorial - have also done the mandrel method with spaced coils. Have used both ribbon and wire. All of these on a Reomizer. Of those I preferred the 2 mm single with a mandrel and neat coil with wire, not ribbon. The thicker (folded over) Ekowool maybe kept more juice, but the flavour was a bit muted for me. That is why I want to try the mandrel inside method on a single strand of 4 mm hollow Ekowool.

Between the Ekowool and the Ceramic I preferred the Ceramic, but not a vast difference. Have lately being trying Rayon, which so far I like a lot. My order of preference at this stage, all factors considered:
  1. Ceramic
  2. Rayon
  3. Hollow Ekowool
  4. Bamboo yarn
  5. Cotton
The first 3 are all good for me as far as flavour goes. Ceramic is just so long lasting. Rayon is easy and longer lasting than cotton and gives better flavour than cotton. Ekowool is quite long lasting but more of a bother as you have to recoil every time you want to rewick.

The last two are only for emergencies.
Have you attempted the suggestion of filling the Ekowool hollow with Rayon?

3d drippers, black is super sexy IMHO! And cats rda.
image.jpg

Aqua brass and taifun gt

image.jpg

Copper Tobh atty, paradigm magma, zenith

image.jpg

You are going to be a busy little bee for a while...

BusyBee.png

Just remember to keep some time open tomorrow for the special guest! ;)

Divorced...

Ahhhhh... I wondered if you were married... because if you were still married you would have had difficulty typing messages on the forum tonight with a black eye from all your purchases of today! And then tomorrow you would have been killed! :p

Back