BVC Coils Dying...

Thanks for sharing your experience @BumbleBee

It seems that people are having mixed experiences with "washing" the BVC coils. (with or without vodka)
Some say it works and some say it destroys the coil.

I haven't tried it yet - but by the sounds of @BumbleBee's experience I'm not likely to
I can't be sure if its the coil, could just be me. The weather here is a bit whacky at the moment, was blazing hot yesterday after some good rain on Sunday, was in and out of the airconditioned shop, today is cool and overcast, that could be the cause of the scratchy throat. I've just replaced the washed coil with another used coil that I rinsed out yesterday, will let it soak up juice and try shortly.

Lol I've changed coils 3 times today. My last BVC coil tastes burnt, and the remaining BDC coils I have can't be pushed higher than 3.8volts without dry hits.

I have just not had good luck with replacement coils.
Shock them in vodka overnight then rince with water nd they will be good to go

Maybe its your flavour

It is. It's this bottle of Blue Magic that seems to kill them. I suspect they're not wicking properly.

And I'm super sensitive to dry hits - really, really bugs my lungs.

But still, they must make the bloody things properly. My original coils were used and abused with changing flavours, thick Tabacco juices etc. and they worked brilliantly.

It is. It's this bottle of Blue Magic that seems to kill them. I suspect they're not wicking properly.

And I'm super sensitive to dry hits - really, really bugs my lungs.

But still, they must make the bloody things properly. My original coils were used and abused with changing flavours, thick Tabacco juices etc. and they worked brilliantly.
Where do you get your coils from?

@r0gue z0mbie and @Witu, this is an interesting discussion.
I use the mAN for the very occasional vape on an IPV2, Have noticed that as soon as I get to around 14W I get a burnt taste. And once you get that, you can throw the coil unit away - nothing, not vodka or anything helps then. Those are the 1.8 ohm coils.
See on the coil unit itself they have "(3.3 - 6.0V)". Presume that is the recommended range for vaping on it. Now 14W is about 5V, but I speculate that one should not go too high with these coils. Since I have stayed at 13W have not had any problems. Maybe the juice also plays a role, don't know. Maybe one should use 2.0 ohm coil units, wonder if one gets it at that resistance?

Also found the paragraph below here. Don't know if that will be of help.

Atomizer: What to do if you experience a burnt taste or dry hit?
A burnt taste or dry hit is mainly due to the eLiquid not wicking properly onto the coils. This is often due to a too thick eLiquid (over 30% VG) and/or to a lack of air pressure inside the tank (too much vacuum). Bottom coil tanks are very influenced by the vacuum created in the tank when the eLiquid wicks onto the coils. To help solve the "burnt taste" issue of a bottom coil atomizer, simply blow gently into the mouth piece - you should see a couple of air bubbles coming from the hole of the coil head. This will rebalance (increase) the air pressure inside the tank and help the eLiquid wick properly onto the coils. This simple tip has proven to be very effective in helping get a fantastic vape with bottom coil atomizers.

Last edited:
At the moment I only have a 5v/11w unit, so I shouldn't be giving them too high power.

But my rebuild EVOD coils, resistances from 1.4 - 1.9 just don't get dry hits on 11 watts.

I loaded VK coffee this morning with the BVC coil and it's fine now.

So it's definitely the Blue Magic, BUT I've had a bottle of it before and it was fine.

Bizarre

On my nautilus big if I fill it to the 5ml mark and take long draws I get dry hits. The problem disappears after about I vaped half a ml or so. So this vacuum thing might have some merit to it

Back