Cana Issues?

To me that looks like he opened it, fired two glue sticks all over the board and then called it fixed?

To me that looks like he opened it, fired two glue sticks all over the board and then called it fixed?

Nope, that's what it looks like from the factory, my earlier comment, was actually me being sarcastic.:p

Nope, that's what it looks like from the factory, my earlier comment, was actually me being sarcastic.:p
Indeed my agreement was of sarcastic nature too :p. At the end of the day these suppliers ship around the world, they need to manufacture something that will hold up during international shaking/dropping .. I mean shipping. Thats a lame one to blame shipping.

quick question, when you vaping lets say a 1Ω coil at 12W, the Ω flashes on the cana, can someone explain to me in simple terms what that means and what is happening?

i know the watts are too low for that resistance, but the mod still fires.

quick question, when you vaping lets say a 1Ω coil at 12W, the Ω flashes on the cana, can someone explain to me in simple terms what that means and what is happening?

The Flashing indicates that the resistance is too low for you to attain the required watts, it fires at the lowest wattage to get the coil to heat up.

So for example, you have a 0.7ohm coil and want to fire at 12W it will fire but wont be firing at 12w but instead bit higher (lets say) 15w to get enough power to the coil

Its not that the watts are too low, It means that the chip cannot force your battery to go lower then what it is.
So if your fresh battery is 4.2V and you try fire some thing at 3V, Resistance will flash because its firing at 4.2V

You would say that the chip cannot down step the voltage ;)

thanks for the replies guys.

so i wont be doing any harm to the chip/ battery if this happens?

Sorry @BhavZ this is the way i understand it ;) you could be right and i may be wrong

Sorry @BhavZ this is the way i understand it ;) you could be right and i may be wrong
Na dude I think you are right..

the chip probably cant down step the voltage

@Riaz when you battery gets discharges more then test it again, and let us know the results.

For it to fire at 12w it needs to bring the voltage down to 3.4 volts at 1ohm.

So, on a new battery, at 4.2 V, it's telling you it can't bring it down to give you a 12watt vape, and it's probably firing at 17watts.

If you take up your wattage setting until it stops flashing, that would give you an idea of what you its really delivering to the coil.

No Mark you are correct...it cannot step down the voltage to meet the selected wattage which is what makes this mod unsuitable to something like a Evod...mpt3 etc with low ohm coils...

Yeah this whole voltage step down thing is a real downer IMO..

well not actually

if the ohms flash, just up the watts

I'm not talking about the flashing part.. if I feel I want to vape my 1 ohm coil at say 10 watts, I can't.. I can only vape at a minimum of 16.4 watts (4v)

So in essence, you really have to vape a higher ohm coil to vape at lower watts..

The minimum output voltage is 4V. It will always fire at a minimum of 4V. The flashing tells you that the wattage you set is too low for 4V with the resistance of you atomizer and it has automatically upped your wattage to be able to fire at 4V. It is in effect firing at the wattage that you see when the flashing stops. Here is a table setting out the minimum watts required for a range of resistances.
6dpexYM.jpg

The sx chip most definitely steps down

Can fire 0.1 ohm as well

You better start saving that $250 cause you gonna want what i have to give! :D

haha, Yihie linked me to this video this morning :D
Cant wait for my chips!! But now i need some thing to put them in :D

@soonkia did you guys find a local source for battery cradles?

Back