Cana Issues?

Just for my own curiosity, where did the vaping community picked up the term "chip" as it only refers to a single electronic component. The SX350, DNA30 etc is a module consisting of a lot of electronic components?

Sorry Oom Johan, Cant wait for my SX350 boards to arrive!

Oh shiz, another vocabulary slip!

Sorry Ohm Johan!

lol I feel like I am jumping through hoops here ;)

Just for my own curiosity, where did the vaping community picked up the term "chip" as it only refers to a single electronic component. The SX350, DNA30 etc is a module consisting of a lot of electronic components?
From the movies. Everything that's green and goes into a box and looks like electronic black magic, has got to be a chip.

And sorry @MarkK, haven't seen anything local, but would recommend you get a good quality one.

Fine master keeping a keen eye I'm sure....:p

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Fully agree @soonkia ! :)
Personally, chip just sounds cool, its been adapted for awesomeness!

From the movies. Everything that's green and goes into a box and looks like electronic black magic, has got to be a chip.

And sorry @MarkK, haven't seen anything local, but would recommend you get a good quality one.

Oh! cause the only "chip" I know is what you get when you hit your front teeth against the bicycle handles :D

What about the slap chip with tomato sauce, vinegar and salt! No hating on that chip haha ;)

Would Chip Set be correct? Or is it only module?

Would Chip Set be correct? Or is it only module?

No "chip set" is not technically correct, module more correct. The so called "chip" the uneducated vape gods on youtube refer (because they either too stupid or too lazy to educate themselves) to is actually one individual component namely the microprocessor, which host the software that controls all the analogue to digital and digital to analogue conversion, i.e when a button is pressed the software decides what is happening. SX350, DNA30 etc are just model numbers of the particular design and not even the manufacturer's part number on the particular microprocessor. Most of these microprocessors used in these modules (and the Vamo's, eVics etc) are manufactured by Atmel. The microprocessor has technically almost nothing to do with the power capabilities of the unit.

No "chip set" is not technically correct, module more correct. The so called "chip" the uneducated vape gods on youtube refer (because they either too stupid or too lazy to educate themselves) to is actually one individual component namely the microprocessor, which host the software that controls all the analogue to digital and digital to analogue conversion, i.e when a button is pressed the software decides what is happening. SX350, DNA30 etc are just model numbers of the particular design and not even the manufacturer's part number on the particular microprocessor. Most of these microprocessors used in these modules (and the Vamo's, eVics etc) are manufactured by Atmel. The microprocessor has technically almost nothing to do with the power capabilities of the unit.
Thanks @johan for clearing that up

From now on I will use the term module.

Let's just call them an "EVM" = electronic vape module. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Guys I just want to check that I'm not being silly but I think the new Hcigar cana mod can fire lower than 4v.

I was messing around with it, checking how low it would fire and it is going all the way down to 7 watts at 2.7 volts with a 1 ohm coil. No flashing resistance light and I can hear the coil Bearley firing, could this be true or am I missing something?

Here is a pic of it firing that low
nemy6yqa.jpg

That's very strange. All the canas I've heard of flash when the watts are too low for that specific coil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is definitely firing that low, you can hear the coil takes about 2-3 seconds before it crackles. Do you think it's a bad thing?

Dude I don't know lol

Maybe one of the electronic gurus will respond soon

Haha true. If it makes a difference it has the original evolv chipset in

Looks like it's working to me because the actual voltage of the battery cannot be 2.6v - the mod would have shut off?

Maybe that's why

I have no idea what chip is in the canas

Back