Can't taste anything

@Wyvern no toothpaste?
Nope, and ironically my dentist is very happy with how good my mouth is doing. I have had lots of issues with my teeth. My gums are healthier, and teeth stay clean. You can make a mix
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • 2-3 tablespoons baking soda
  • 15-30 drops of peppermint, lemon, or thieves essential oil
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/04/25/coconut-oil-toothpaste.aspx
I am not allowed to use anything harsh on my teeth, so mine has no baking soda in it. But just plain coconut oil is extremely healthy.

Nope, and ironically my dentist is very happy with how good my mouth is doing. I have had lots of issues with my teeth. My gums are healthier, and teeth stay clean. You can make a mix
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • 2-3 tablespoons baking soda
  • 15-30 drops of peppermint, lemon, or thieves essential oil
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/04/25/coconut-oil-toothpaste.aspx
I am not allowed to use anything harsh on my teeth, so mine has no baking soda in it. But just plain coconut oil is extremely healthy.

That's pretty awesome. Thanks, I will be trying this out for sure.

But for vapours tongue, I use a tablespoon of dark soy sauce - but I am one of a handful people I know who can even down a tablespoon of the stuff.

Anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks! Remember your taste senses are slowly recovering from the shock. Be patient, drink a lot of water. Vape menthol juices to taste at least something.
I went through the same thing luckily I only had it for a week. I agree drink allot of water it will help flush your system but after this You will be left with the feeling of why didn't i start vaping sooner

Hey guys, so been vaping exclusively for about a week and a half now. Since yesterday I can't taste anything, not the flavor of the juices and food and other things have a subdued taste to it. I think I may have hit the kiwi a bit much (lol) and now I have a slightly sour/bitter taste on my tongue. I've tried many things, sniffing coffee, lemon, mouthwash, brushing my teeth, I switched flavors. I saw a few other things on here i wanted to try (like the marmite). My actual question is, how long does this normally last? At least I get to burn through a bad berry juice I bought lol.. How long do you guys experience this for? if at all?
Can anyone explain why this phenomenon occurs and do you find that it is specific to certain brands of e-juice

Can anyone explain why this phenomenon occurs and do you find that it is specific to certain brands of e-juice
It's the same way food works, if you eat something hourly for a week you won't taste it eiher. It's not really a vaping thing, just the way taste buds work, reason why whiskey dosages increase during parties aswell;). Best advice I have is to change to completely different flavours for a week or so.

Hey guys, so been vaping exclusively for about a week and a half now. Since yesterday I can't taste anything, not the flavor of the juices and food and other things have a subdued taste to it. I think I may have hit the kiwi a bit much (lol) and now I have a slightly sour/bitter taste on my tongue. I've tried many things, sniffing coffee, lemon, mouthwash, brushing my teeth, I switched flavors. I saw a few other things on here i wanted to try (like the marmite). My actual question is, how long does this normally last? At least I get to burn through a bad berry juice I bought lol.. How long do you guys experience this for? if at all?
Bud. I'm sorry. This happened to me when I started vaping. I didn't know vapers tounge was real till then.
Stay away from strong flavor vapes. Stick to earthy flavours. And go berserk on Listerine, (antibacterial one.). Just don't swollow it, lol. And if you can, shock your pallet as much as you can. Eg plain vanilla ice cream, then spicy, chilly and all-round potent flavour. And cold water, 2l min a day. Sticky to earthy vapes. I know I said that. Mine lasted 4days.
Then always have two opposite flavours. And you'll be fine mate

Hang in there @Caveman

When you get your taste back I suggest you consider vaping two or more different flavours on multiple devices.
Ie a few puffs on one device and then a totally different flavour on another device
It helps with this type of thing
And always good to have backups ready to go

Thanks for all the advise guys, last night I tried the coconut oil, couldn't keep it in for longer than about 7 minutes lol.. I swished with some lemon juice, Listerine, vodka and nice strong black coffee. I don't have such a great variety of flavors yet but I have been switching between berry and a sweet caramel coconut during the day, today is going better so far. Seems like I am getting some taste back, not too much, but it doesn't taste like wet cardboard anymore lol.. I have resisted the urge to smoke a stinkie and that's the important part at least.

Again thanks for all the tips :)

If you use drippers a dead tongue is par for the course. I recommend covering drip tip with silk and keeping that down with a rubber band. I believe it is the small occasional popping that does this. A silk mesh works great.

A quick update, so almost 3 days not being able to taste anything. I had spicy chicken last night and loaded up on the spearmint airwaves lol.. been vaping a bland berry all day and then all of a sudden I started smelling my colleges vape again, so I got home and all excited added some redrish from ncvape and bam I can taste it. Not 100% yet but it's a lot better, and I am noticing some delicious new flavors in there also. Not sure if because of steeping or my taste renewing after the stinkies or both lol.. either way thanks for the tips, I think the coconut oil helped a lot and swirling with lemon juice..

A quick update, so almost 3 days not being able to taste anything. I had spicy chicken last night and loaded up on the spearmint airwaves lol.. been vaping a bland berry all day and then all of a sudden I started smelling my colleges vape again, so I got home and all excited added some redrish from ncvape and bam I can taste it. Not 100% yet but it's a lot better, and I am noticing some delicious new flavors in there also. Not sure if because of steeping or my taste renewing after the stinkies or both lol.. either way thanks for the tips, I think the coconut oil helped a lot and swirling with lemon juice..
It is the bland juice. I keep saying this to people over and over. Get a bland juice to clear your palate. The BEST palate cleaner is Milkman. Try it. One tank full and all your taste returns.

You probably have an above average amount of taste buds and suffer fatigue quickly. Remember that your brain is a filter. It can block out pretty much anything.

Bland juice is an essential for me. Milkman is expensive though. I am trying out Milked by NCV will report back how it works...

It is the bland juice. I keep saying this to people over and over. Get a bland juice to clear your palate. The BEST palate cleaner is Milkman. Try it. One tank full and all your taste returns.

You probably have an above average amount of taste buds and suffer fatigue quickly. Remember that your brain is a filter. It can block out pretty much anything.

Bland juice is an essential for me. Milkman is expensive though. I am trying out Milked by NCV will report back how it works...

I will remember that and add a juice like that to my collection. Need to make a round tomorrow anyway to get some other juice. I find myself almost only with caramel flavors left, and although I get an initial taste, I think I've had a bit too much lol..

If you really want to "re-set" your taste buds, try half a tank of straight VG. You be amazed how good your next flavour tank tastes

If you really want to "re-set" your taste buds, try half a tank of straight VG. You be amazed how good your next flavour tank tastes
Never thought of that... Or perhaps a 'neat' blend with just PG, VG and nic... GREAT thinking there mate.

I will remember that and add a juice like that to my collection. Need to make a round tomorrow anyway to get some other juice. I find myself almost only with caramel flavors left, and although I get an initial taste, I think I've had a bit too much lol..
NVC milked: Does the job in a dripper. Mostly milkyness with a teeny hint of fruity cereal. Very cool juice. Not as thick as Milkman but does the job 100 percent. Very nice find. BUT it only works in a dripper it is quite sweet in a tank. Go figure. Milkman is the same no matter how you vape it.

This happened to me a while back as well and it really sucks, specially when you have some awesome new juices to try.

What worked for me:
- Lots of water when you can, or carry a bottle with you.
- Whiskey: Not even joking, rinse or a tot of this and your taste is back.
- Ginger: Tee or a spoon or a slice.
- Higher VG juices: Ive had this issue quite a few times.

The PG in juices use to mess up my tongue and throat, i coudnt vape for days at a time. So eventually after a lot of experimenting with coils, cotton and juices i figured out that it was high PG juices (50/50).

Switched to 70/30 (VG/PG), and since then ive never really had this issue. There is times that the flavor dulls a bit and i struggle tasting it, but it never lasts too long.

Hope it helps.

This happened to me a while back as well and it really sucks, specially when you have some awesome new juices to try.

What worked for me:

The PG in juices use to mess up my tongue and throat, i coudnt vape for days at a time. So eventually after a lot of experimenting with coils, cotton and juices i figured out that it was high PG juices (50/50).

Switched to 70/30 (VG/PG), and since then ive never really had this issue. There is times that the flavor dulls a bit and i struggle tasting it, but it never lasts too long.

Hope it helps.
Full agreement on the VG to PG ratio. And instead of whisky I swear by Grey Goose vodka and some olives on the side. Not only works but it is delicious too!

I

What worked for me:
- Lots of water when you can, or carry a bottle with you.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm quite a whiskey fan so that won't be a problem lol.. I'm currently trying the 100% VG with some distilled water. Taste like nothing but the clouds are amazing lol.. so much advise in this thread it's amazing.. I tried vodka also. Didn't help much, granted it was passion fruit vodka so maybe that has something to do with it. But it's a lot better today. I changed the way I vaped a bit as I found that sometimes droplets burn my tongue from the drip tip.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm quite a whiskey fan so that won't be a problem lol.. I'm currently trying the 100% VG with some distilled water. Taste like nothing but the clouds are amazing lol.. so much advise in this thread it's amazing.. I tried vodka also. Didn't help much, granted it was passion fruit vodka so maybe that has something to do with it. But it's a lot better today. I changed the way I vaped a bit as I found that sometimes droplets burn my tongue from the drip tip.
What works for you is all that matters!

Back