Classic Wet Shaving

I tried that dorco blades also. Not bad but also doesn't last too long.
Thanks for the info. I will follow up on that.

I intend to find a way to remove the facial hair permanently. In this modern age we shouldn't have to shave at all IMO.

I intend to find a way to remove the facial hair permanently. In this modern age we shouldn't have to shave at all IMO.
Does that include eyebrows.?

There are ways to remove it permanently its just costly.

Good luck and let us know when you get this to work.

Does that include eyebrows.?

There are ways to remove it permanently its just costly.

Good luck and let us know when you get this to work.

Haha....no. The eyebrows stay, but I want to remove the beard and upper lip hair permanently. The electrolysis doesn't work. Will try the laser thing one day. A friend says NADS cream for men worked for him, but his beard was fluff compared to mine. Will try it anyway.

Haha....no. The eyebrows stay, but I want to remove the beard and upper lip hair permanently. The electrolysis doesn't work. Will try the laser thing one day. A friend says NADS cream for men worked for him, but his beard was fluff compared to mine. Will try it anyway.

I have seriously considered laser a few years back. I had issues till I went back to razors and it settled a bit.

Zadiac do you use cartridges to shave?

I found with myself when I used to use cartridges it was a chore now that i Wet shave with a blade it's more of a relaxation and meditation time for me.

The whole process of prepping your face by washing it, prepping your lather then applying it.
The slower process of shaving and paying higher attention doing so while doing the 3 passes to get a nice clean shave.

Then the rinsing of the face and applying your favourite after shave balm to moisturize the face and give it the essential oils to have a silky smooth face.

I :h: Wet Shaving with my Blade

Last edited:
Apologies if its already been answered, but im way too hungover to read through all the posts. Why do they call it wet shaving?

Last edited:
Apologies if its already been answered, but im way too hungover to read through all the posts. Why do they call it wet shaving?

Hi SmokeyJoe
Hahaha good new years eve celebration I assume .

*Taken off the net*
The term "wet shaving" came to be after the invention of electric shavers. For obvious reasons there is no water involved in the use of an electric shaver. Hence, "wet shaving" was used to distinguish the traditional way of shaving over this modern day invention.

Last edited:
Zodiac do you use cartridges to shave?

I found with myself when I used to use cartridges it was a chore now that i Wet shave it's more of a relaxation and meditation time for me.

The whole process of prepping your face by washing it, prepping your lather then applying it.
The slower process of shaving and paying higher attention doing so while doing the 3 passes to get a nice clean shave.

Then the rinsing of the face and applying your favourite after shave balm to moisturize the face and give it the essential oils to have a silky smooth face.

I :h: Wet Shaving

Zadiac, not Zodiac...and yes. I use cartridges, but I also wash my face with warm water beforehand and apply lather and shaving, but I do not like the single blade razors. I've tried it. I still have my grandfather's one. It's about 100 years old. I just don't like shaving that way.

Zadiac, not Zodiac...and yes. I use cartridges, but I also wash my face with warm water beforehand and apply lather and shaving, but I do not like the single blade razors. I've tried it. I still have my grandfather's one. It's about 100 years old. I just don't like shaving that way.

Yip you either gonna love it or hate it. The only real Con for some but not for me would be it takes longer but as stated above, I enjoy the lengthy process and is a form of relaxation for me. So I choose to shave in the evenings where I have time and not rushed to get ready for work etc...

I just ordered the R100 razor, blades and shaving cream from Bundu beard, will see how it goes when it arrives.

I just ordered the R100 razor, blades and shaving cream from Bundu beard, will see how it goes when it arrives.

Nice one brother
I shaved yesterday with that exact safty razor.
Lovely razor, great quality for the price has a nice weight to it.
Made a video too will probably upload tonight and post here for all.

Nice one brother
I shaved yesterday with that exact safty razor.
Lovely razor, great quality for the price has a nice weight to it.
Made a video too will probably upload tonight and post here for all.
@Clouds4Days and @Juan_G I am torn between the DE1 and DE2. I used to enjoy using my grandfathers safety razor years ago (before it was stolen) but dont recall weight, length etc.

I would prefer a reasonably aggressive shave without the need for a blood transfusion. So your thoughts would be appreciated.

@Clouds4Days and @Juan_G I am torn between the DE1 and DE2. I used to enjoy using my grandfathers safety razor years ago (before it was stolen) but dont recall weight, length etc.

I would prefer a reasonably aggressive shave without the need for a blood transfusion. So your thoughts would be appreciated.

Great to hear you wanna try classic wet shaving again Asterix.
Do you grow a full beard and is it more on the thickish side?

Will let you know when it arrives next week. I only chose the cheapest one to test it out first then I will upgrade if needed. Will keep the bandages close by for the first shaving session!

Bundubeard DE1 Safety Razor Review is up.

Removed video for now .
Will upload again....

Last edited:
Ok C4D, you made me upgrade. Arriving next week. Not one you mentioned though. Online retail therapy at work.

I have never used anything but these dual sided safety razors so i would not know how it compares to others. Just thought it a good idea to upgrade to a decent piece of equipment.

Regards

Ok C4D, you made me upgrade. Arriving next week. Not one you mentioned though. Online retail therapy at work.

I have never used anything but these dual sided safety razors so i would not know how it compares to others. Just thought it a good idea to upgrade to a decent piece of equipment.

Regards

Nice.... wow, cant wait too see what you getting.
Please share once she arrives.
:)

Back