Cloupor Hottest Mod of 2015 - Warning!

WHITELABEL

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
That's not good :(

This seems to be the downside to the frantic pace of development currently going on in the vape world...Quality Assurance is at an all time low :(

That said, with the popularity of this device (i.e. the volume of devices out there) and the cavalier approach some people have towards safety I'm guessing this is probably not that widespread. But time will tell :D

For now I would guess it safer to charge the batteries using an external charger just to be safe. Luckily the Cloupor Mini was actually intended for easy battery swapping.

Thanks for the heads-up @Gambit :clap:

One thing I have noticed is that the Cloupor gets quite hot. I am guessing that's due to the lack of venting holes on the box. The M50 has the holes at the bottom, but only a small one on the Cloupor mini. So tomorrow I am taking to mine's door with the Dremel, drilling out a couple of the "dimples", to add some ventilation to it :)

Last edited:
After a couple weeks the paint on mine is coming off :( I can actually scratch it off with my fingernail. Awesome mod but definitely some serious QC issues.

After a couple weeks the paint on mine is coming off :( I can actually scratch it off with my fingernail. Awesome mod but definitely some serious QC issues.

Weeellll... i mean... based on the pricepoint, I dont think too many people were expecting aircraft aluminium with stealthradar everlast paint applied to it... (just being silly, but how cool would that be in your head?! "My mod can avoid radar!", lol, im an idiot)

For sure I agree that paint coming off isnt a very nice thing, but if were gonna be realistic, even the paint on my buddy's R8000 Samsung galaxy starting rubbing off after 2 months...

Just one of the reasons I stick to the natural uncolored versions. Bare Stainless Forever!

One thing I have noticed is that the Cloupor gets quite hot. I am guessing that's due to the lack of venting holes on the box. The M50 has the holes at the bottom, but only a small one on the Cloupor mini. So tomorrow I am taking to mine's door with the Dremel, drilling out a couple of the "dimples", to add some ventilation to it :)
Damn drill bit is too small for the Dremel :(

go dig through some shops and find the attachable drill chuck for your dremel. sorts out your dremel drillbit issues if you can find one. mate of mine got one for 50 bucks a year ago, i could never find one in my local shops

I love my mini only use external charger though

Only ever been charging mine through USB. Had no problems with the device so far whatsoever. Find the quality much better than the eleaf mini mods

Had no problem with mine either - love the thing! Apparently a good way to test is to hold down the fire button for the 15 second cut off period - if it says 'Too Hot' then you have a defective unit. Also read that you'll know if the unit is defective soon after purchasing (< 3 weeks) ...luckily no problems...

Last edited:
I did the 15 seconds full power test when I bought mine, the guys at Vapeking thought I was nuts lol.

Had no problem with mine either - love the thing! Apparently a good way to test is to hold down the fire button for the 15 second cut off period - if it says 'Too Hot' then you have a defective unit. Also read that you'll know if the unit is defective soon after purchasing (< 3 weeks) ...luckily no problems...

sorry to sidetrack but dude, your profile pic made me almost lol off my chair

Air vent modification completed:)
Before:
f3b62286201471f9f746aae302179588.jpg

After:
e70dbc8050b3baec65548e38575d959c.jpg

1mm drill bit in the Dremel at max speed

After using this for a couple of hours I can highly recommend this modification. Any bit of heat that builds up disappears within seconds

A member of a UK site posted today that his mini spontaneously combusted after two weeks of usage. This despite being assured that it was from a later batch that didn't have the problem, and it had passed the '15-second' test.

I'm using mine with a Nautilus at 9.5W so it doesn't even get warm, but be warned!

Ps: Nice job on the cover @LandyMan

So the door looked funny, and I went balls to the wall with the Dremel:

I can just hear the OCD gears grinding ;) You missed a spot. Or two. It needs more balls to the wall !

Hint - Row 3, Column 2 & 12 .
...and what about row 1 and 7 ? Why are they so friggin special ? :D

I can just hear the OCD gears grinding ;) You missed a spot. Or two. It needs more balls to the wall !

Hint - Row 3, Column 2 & 12 .
...and what about row 1 and 7 ? Why are they so friggin special ? :D
Erm, there are magnets on the other side of the door in certain spots ;)

Back