Coiling For Flavour, Throat Hit And Vapour

Damnnnn! I know @Rob Fisher ... they are very inconsistant. I guess that is what we get for using a low cost courier :(

Not to worry, our website is ready to go live early in next week with courier options :)

@Oupa I've been holding out on this month's stock replenishments. Been browsing the website already, just waiting for the register new account option to go live.

Actually scrap that, going to order this weekend by email and then will wait for new concentrates before you ship

I did another experiment with the Kayfun lite yesterday, drillled out the air hole once again, this time increasing it to 2.5mm. Big improvement for me. The other thing I did was change to a silica wick using the same quad micro coil @2mm. Using the "Navy nest" wicking method. TH and flavour are spot on for me. Only problem is it's drinking juice like mad. :eek:

@Alex following your advice I drilled my KFL+ airhole out to 2mm. Seems to have made a decent difference, and also cleaned the muck out of the center pin. Looking at it carefully, it seemed to be that milky opaque plastic that the 510 positive screw is surrounded by.

I rebuilt with a twisted 30g coil. Came out at 1 ohm, and I ran the wicks down like you would wick an aqua. The problem is that I can't get enough juice into the chamber. I have to wait every 4 puffs for it to draw liquid up the wick again. I am wondering if this is related to the new airhole size upping juice consumption.

Thanks for the video. Gonna check it out

@devdev, I have the quad juice channel version of the KFL unfortunately, and I have personally never had any dry hits, my problem has always been flooding and then minor leaking issues, which is what prompted me to try reducing the vacuum with a larger air intake. In my opinion @2.5mm. The draw feels exactly the same as my kayfun 3.1 right now. And it feels like a much smoother vape.

Hi guys and girls

Thanks for the feedback thus far. @BhavZ your input was superb, thanks.

@devdev your triangle hypothesis was classic! Essentially what you are saying is that its not easy if not impossible to get all three aspects maximised. I can understand that since just my simple understanding of flavour versus throat hit setups on the dripper are opposite. Ie, the more flavour, the less throat hit etc.

But i would still like to hear from people on how they tweak their setup even just to improve one of these aspects.

What have you changed and what did you then notice?

Back