Converting Lung Tank to a MTL Tank

And how did you modify them, please?

I used a rivet, worked it down on a drill and sandpaper, then used heat shrink tubing to give it a snug fit and pressed it in. Came out perfect, now i enjoy the warm rich flavor from the Serpent but with my preferred vaping style....restricted long slow lung inhale on a 0.8 Ohm build and a very conservative 15 -18 W

some pics of the process

2016-10-25 14.45.43.jpg 2016-10-19 11.23.36.jpg 2016-10-19 11.28.03.jpg 2016-10-19 12.06.40.jpg 2016-10-19 11.32.41.jpg2016-10-19 12.12.34.jpg

I used a rivet, worked it down on a drill and sandpaper, then used heat shrink tubing to give it a snug fit and pressed it in. Came out perfect, now i enjoy the warm rich flavor from the Serpent but with my preferred vaping style....restricted long slow lung inhale on a 0.8 Ohm build and a very conservative 15 -18 W

This is really great! I presume those are all 22's ? Also more of a MTL guy and would be really interested trying this , although I am not the DIY kind LOL might lose a finger. Also does the heat from the coil not affect the shrink tubing or the tubing give off some nasty smell ? Just asking before I try this ......

some pics of the process

View attachment 72913 View attachment 72914 View attachment 72915 View attachment 72918 View attachment 72920View attachment 72919
Some mad innovation there bru

This is really great! I presume those are all 22's ? Also more of a MTL guy and would be really interested trying this , although I am not the DIY kind LOL might lose a finger. Also does the heat from the coil not affect the shrink tubing or the tubing give off some nasty smell ? Just asking before I try this ......
Hi @Daniel, Jip all 22's and no problems with the tubing, sits tight, no smell no taste.

May I ask.. as innovative as it is.. what is diference compared to just dialling down airflow control?
It is about the concentration of airflow over the coil, if you close down the air control you restrict the amount of air entering the chamber but there is no concentration of the air flowing over the coil, you actually want the air control completely open to force a lot of air thru the small hole directly onto the coil. it is sort of like the difference between blowing out a candle using a 5mm straw compared to a 50mm drain pipe (maybe there is an engineer on the forum that can explain it better)

It is about the concentration of airflow over the coil, if you close down the air control you restrict the amount of air entering the chamber but there is no concentration of the air flowing over the coil, you actually want the air control completely open to force a lot of air thru the small hole directly onto the coil. it is sort of like the difference between blowing out a candle using a 5mm straw compared to a 50mm drain pipe (maybe there is an engineer on the forum that can explain it better)
So technically the flavour should be enhanced by this?

No that makes perfect sense.. thanks

So technically the flavour should be enhanced by this?
To my opinion, yes I get perfect flavour, and then again every vaper is different, but this is how I enjoy my vape, like sipping a good wine, slow and enjoying the flavour

To my opinion, yes I get perfect flavour, and then again every vaper is different, but this is how I enjoy my vape, like sipping a good wine, slow and enjoying the flavour
Must try this will it work on the 25 as well? Suppose the airflow hole diameter is larger and don't want to cock up a new tank also lol. Will try get a second hand 22....

Must try this will it work on the 25 as well? Suppose the airflow hole diameter is larger and don't want to cock up a new tank also lol. Will try get a second hand 22....
Yes it will work on a 25mm, and no need to worry about damaging the tank, you can just pop it out if it is not to your taste

You can try using claptons on a suitable mandrel, no need to fiddle with heatshrink and the right pop rivet.
I modded the Kayfun V5 and the flavour is vastly better than stock.
img_3389-jpg.68272

You can try using claptons on a suitable mandrel, no need to fiddle with heatshrink and the right pop rivet.
img_3389-jpg.68272

This will work, you can also use a piece of Silicon tubing, I used it for a month to test, no problems, only did the rivet mod to make it more permanent and to look better......(I think we are busy hijacking this thread, .....sorry!)

2016-09-23 13.22.19.jpg

img_3389-jpg.68272
@blujeenz If you don't mind me asking, I see on your banner you stopped smoking like 21 years ago, why did you start vaping?..or am I misunderstanding something

img_3389-jpg.68272
Winner winner chicken dinner! And I happen to have some Clapton... Thx

While @Marechal concept with the pop rivet looks more elegant than my stuffing a spiralled clapton down the airhole, I feel its like groceries in the boot while driving a car, ie out of sight.
That said I had reservations about his use of heat shrink even though it is not in contact with juice at all.
I modded the Kayfun V5 for more restriction with a clapton wound on a 1.5mm mandrel but found it a bit too restrictive and settled on a spiral after some experimentation.
The Kayfun has a stock 3.1mm ID air tube with my mod taking it down to an effective 1.8mm.
My initial post over at http://www.ecigssa.co.za/kayfun-5-mtl-mod.t28710/

kay5 airhole mod.jpg

Ideally it would be primo to source some SS 304 poprivets and slice them with a dremmel to mimic the Kayfun MTL addon.
Eureka is a local supplier of fasteners to hardware stores and sell them in packs of 10, probably about R35.

k5_mtl.jpg

Back