Cotton Bacon V2 Vs. Cotton Bacon Prime

what coils are you using? and are they pre-built?
yeah they are.
wrapped by Fydo Tri Alien X
installed by the local shop after I messed up cleaning the coil on staurday night and accidentaly broke the one.
guy did all the heat painting and everything, made sure they are allighned perfectly and everything.

and the higher than 40 watt thing happens on my Nord 5 as well. and people at work's vape if that is higher than 40 as well

yeah they are.
wrapped by Fydo Tri Alien X
installed by the local shop after I messed up cleaning the coil on staurday night and accidentaly broke the one.
guy did all the heat painting and everything, made sure they are allighned perfectly and everything.

and the higher than 40 watt thing happens on my Nord 5 as well. and people at work's vape if that is higher than 40 as well
to me it seems that your juice is collecting in the little holes in the alien coil and spit firing. i had the same issue.

i now use Fused Claptons or Twisted 28ga Kanthal A1 that i build myself. havent had an issue since

to me it seems that your juice is collecting in the little holes in the alien coil and spit firing. i had the same issue.

i now use Fused Claptons or Twisted 28ga Kanthal A1 that i build myself. havent had an issue since
I will remember that for in a few months time.
this is my third set of these Tri Aliens.
first set I messed up with too tick CB and bent them badly, when fixing it they always heated unevnely.
second set I bought in August clipped and installed myself. after a week I went to the guys to get new ones because I was convinced that I did something wrong.
they fixed the allignment and they were perfect. until saturday so about 5 re-wickings by me until I shorted them.
but I got some new ceramic tweezers to not make the same mistake again. but I will 100% look into the different coil options. but I also know I will not be able to make my own. my eyes are not good enough for it.

aliens at a low wattage seem to work better than a higher wattage.

i generally vape between 39 & 62 with my Fused Claptons, but i clean my coils often so i only change them every two months.

i use this little wire brush thingy,

link below

jup I have one of those.
my issue is I need to clean the coil but the cotton is fine. so I am wasting cotton to clean the coils.
and I only use Ceramic tools on the coils themselves go to 35watt, take out cotton, get coils red hot scrape with ceramic, repeat. until clean.
then re-wick with the fitebolt, prime it, put everything together and fill the tank.

jup I have one of those.
my issue is I need to clean the coil but the cotton is fine. so I am wasting cotton to clean the coils.
and I only use Ceramic tools on the coils themselves go to 35watt, take out cotton, get coils red hot scrape with ceramic, repeat. until clean.
then re-wick with the fitebolt, prime it, put everything together and fill the tank.
perfect strategy.

i also, if the coils are really dirty, fill a tiny jar with water. i then heat up my coils to red burning point and then let go of the fire button, and then quickly slightly dip the coils into the water and then repeat two or three times. i saw it on a VGOD youtube video once and it really helps. just be careful not to dip the whole coil in - just the tip.:)

perfect strategy.

i also, if the coils are really dirty, fill a tiny jar with water. i then heat up my coils to red burning point and then let go of the fire button, and then quickly slightly dip the coils into the water and then repeat two or three times. i saw it on a VGOD youtube video once and it really helps. just be careful not to dip the whole coil in - just the tip.:)
not too sure about that.

rapid cooling is going to change the crystalline structure of the metal.
its why knives, swords and tools are heat treated.
and with coil wire doing a rapid quench like that will 100% mess with the coils and decrease the life span. may even cause uneven heating.

cold coil + water for cleaning it sure.
hot coil + water = structural changes in the metals and that can change things you don't want to change.
hot coil + air = slower cooling means no structural changes to the metal. and that is just safer all around.

and that is just from my experience making knives. not with my experience of vaping. just metallurgy.

not too sure about that.

rapid cooling is going to change the crystalline structure of the metal.
its why knives, swords and tools are heat treated.
and with coil wire doing a rapid quench like that will 100% mess with the coils and decrease the life span. may even cause uneven heating.

cold coil + water for cleaning it sure.
hot coil + water = structural changes in the metals and that can change things you don't want to change.
hot coil + air = slower cooling means no structural changes to the metal. and that is just safer all around.

and that is just from my experience making knives. not with my experience of vaping. just metallurgy.
doesnt seem to make a difference with small vape coils as there isnt much metal. below is a video. try check out some others - there are many on the web

To deep clean the coils, you can follow the steps below:
  1. Remove wicks from the coil.
  2. Lightly dry burn your coils.
  3. Remove the atomizer from the mod.
  4. Rinse them with water.
  5. Using a toothbrush, brush them gently.
  6. Rinse them again under running water.
  7. Finally, dry burn them again to remove the last drops of water.

I am just talking about what I know.
an effective Quench will have MORE of an effect on a smaller coil wire than it will on something like a knife blade.

Video explaining heat treatment

also in the step by step guide you are removing the coils.
that means they are no longer red hot. so that is fine.

as I said cold coil + water is fine.
its red hot coil + water that will be an issue. especially in complex materials like the alloys used in coil wire. 3 to 6 different elements creating one alloy that has been heat treated in order to get hot and cool naturally for you to get the vape experience. having that red hot and then quenched in water will change things. outside of the wire will be more prone to oxidizing (rusting) or everything will become more brittle so when you brush it off you could break the wire. or things could become softer than it should be so after a few hits the coil might sag and cause uneven burns and that could lead to shorts. those are just some options that I can think of based on rudimental knowledge on what happens with heat treating metals. I am no expert on material science and I don't even 100% know what is in the wires. but what I can say is that quenching a red hot coil in cold water will definitely decrease the life span of the coil.

i guess it could shorten the lifespan, but i dont think very much, personally. i re-wick and clean coils every second day and find i only need to replace coils very two months. been working for me so far, so i guess to each his own.

thats the beauty of vaping - everybody has their own way of doing things that works for them :--)

Mavaton is also excellent but hard to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the sound of the Canna Cotton but since it sparked my interest about a year ago and finding it's supposedly stocked by loads of vendors not one has ever got any in stock!

Back