Cuboid vs RX200

WARMACHINE

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Other than the batteries of the 2 devices, what are the pros and cons between these two devices ?

And for the lucky vapers with both mods, which is your preferred all day device ?

Both great devices but the Cuboid doesn't have the eye catching style of the rx200, it actually looks like a monolith.

Both great devices but the Cuboid doesn't have the eye catching style of the rx200, it actually looks like a monolith.

Looks wise, I don't mind the Cuboid, looks like a big brother of my eViv Mini :)

I held one in the shop the other day and the hand feel is no where near what the rx200 is. But if I couldn't get an rx200 then the cuboid would be my next choice. The cuboid is a cool mod.

I have the Cuboid, but not the RX200. It is still a heavy (but solid) device - if I remember correctly about only 100 g lighter than the RX200. I won't carry it around in my pocket - neither would I the RX200. The Cuboid batteries being wired in series does not give you that much more battery life than a single battery mod. The RX200's shape seems very ergonomic to me. This, with the extra battery life makes me think the RX200 is better bang for your buck.

Last edited:
in my opinion, I would go to a shop and get a feel for them both. I think they are very similar in performance and ease of use. I think the Rolo will last longer since it has more battery power. I don't own either, but I too will soon be faced with the choice of which one to get. Things I will consider when making my choice are:

1) Do I want a longer battery life
2) Will i mind carrying extra batteries if battery life is a problem
3) Do I want to use the device as my ADV device
4) What other things will i need to buy if I get the Rolo, currently I only have a 2 bay charger - will need at least a 4 bay
5) Given the requirements can my budget actually suite the requirement, or will I have to live off beans and toast for a month
6) How will this affect the finance minister at home a.k.a Wife Lady

in my opinion, I would go to a shop and get a feel for them both. I think they are very similar in performance and ease of use. I think the Rolo will last longer since it has more battery power. I don't own either, but I too will soon be faced with the choice of which one to get. Things I will consider when making my choice are:

1) Do I want a longer battery life
2) Will i mind carrying extra batteries if battery life is a problem
3) Do I want to use the device as my ADV device
4) What other things will i need to buy if I get the Rolo, currently I only have a 2 bay charger - will need at least a 4 bay
5) Given the requirements can my budget actually suite the requirement, or will I have to live off beans and toast for a month
6) How will this affect the finance minister at home a.k.a Wife Lady
On point 4 all I can say is that I use the USB charging on the device every night and it works perfectly, the cells are all exactly 4.12v in the morning. I read that it slightly undercharges to extend battery life. In comparison my i4 takes the same batteries to 4.16v so really an unnoticeable difference.

I only used the i4 once to charge the batteries the first time before use as I had 2 full batteries and 1 empty one.

I've also used mixed cells 3 different brands at the same time and there was no issue, though I did not try to charge them onboard, that I would only do with identical cells.

On point 4 all I can say is that I use the USB charging on the device every night and it works perfectly, the cells are all exactly 4.12v in the morning. I read that it slightly undercharges to extend battery life. In comparison my i4 takes the same batteries to 4.16v so really an unnoticeable difference.

I only used the i4 once to charge the batteries the first time before use as I had 2 full batteries and 1 empty one.

I've also used mixed cells 3 different brands at the same time and there was no issue, though I did not try to charge them onboard, that I would only do with identical cells.

Mmmm, i'd probably do the same if I opted for a Rolo - for the simple reason of stretching my budget. But why is it that the on-board charging on these mods is not recommended? <-- Most reviewers (youtube) don't recommend it.

I have the Cuboid, but not the RX200. It is still a heavy (but solid) device - if I remember correctly about only 100 g lighter than the RX200. I won't carry it around in my pocket - neither would I the RX200. The Cuboid batteries being wired in series does not give you that much more battery life than a single battery mod. The RX200's shape seems very ergonomic to me. This, with the extra battery life makes me think the RX200 is better bang for your buck.
i think it does have longer battery life. Because in series it doubles the voltage. That means you end up using less volts per battery. Which in theory translates to a lower amp draw than that would mean longer battery life would it not?.

I may be wrong though. Do not listen to me hahaha but i get 2 days on my cuboid and 1 on my single 18650 device

2 is always better than 1 but parallel is better than series for capacity.

But then it gets all technical like does your build require the chip to boost or buck etc... People discuss these things for days and never come to a conclusion because there is always a scenario where one way will be best and vice versa.

i think it does have longer battery life. Because in series it doubles the voltage. That means you end up using less volts per battery. Which in theory translates to a lower amp draw than that would mean longer battery life would it not?.

I may be wrong though. Do not listen to me hahaha but i get 2 days on my cuboid and 1 on my single 18650 device
Of course it gives better than just one battery because if is more efficient. The point I am trying to make is that for me it is not that much more than 1 battery - let us say 1.5 times that of one battery. Then the 3 batteries in the RX2000 (also in series), makes more sense for me.
Personally, I should not have bought the Cuboid. I bought it for the battery life, but was disappointed. Was not thinking clearly at the time. Next time I consider a dual battery mod, shall look at a parallel wired one like the new iStick 100W. That should give awesome battery life.

2 is always better than 1 but parallel is better than series for capacity.
But 2 batteries in series doubles your volts and halfs your amperage ;) making the battery life longer...

Of course it gives better than just one battery because if is more efficient. The point I am trying to make is that for me it is not that much more than 1 battery - let us say 1.5 times that of one battery. Then the 3 batteries in the RX2000 (also in series), makes more sense for me.
Personally, I should not have bought the Cuboid. I bought it for the battery life, but was disappointed. Was not thinking clearly at the time. Next time I consider a dual battery mod, shall look at a parallel wired one like the new iStick 100W. That should give awesome battery life.

I'm really enjoying my iStick. Can't get bored of the firing button

what does that mean?:think:
Could be wrong here but from what I understand you would use a boost converter when the output voltage required is higher than the input voltage.
I could be crazy wrong here but this is how I understand it.

But 2 batteries in series doubles your volts and halfs your amperage ;) making the battery life longer...
@Mike can you please tell me why you disagree? Not trying to call you out or anything, I just want to know where I went wrong. I'm still learning so I appreciate any help. Thanks.

@Mike can you please tell me why you disagree? Not trying to call you out or anything, I just want to know where I went wrong. I'm still learning so I appreciate any help. Thanks.

1 watt hour = 1 volt @ 1 amp for 1 hour.

By that logic, for one battery we have

3.7v * 2500mAh = 9.25WH

For two batteries in parallel, we have

3.7v * 2500mAh + 2500mAh = 18.5WH

For two batteries in series, we have

7.4v * 2500mAh = 18.5WH.

Last edited:
Series doubles the volts, but the amps stays the same as the listed amps on one batt.
ie 2 x LG HG2's in series would be 8.4V @ 3000mah capacity or 20A CDR

Answer:
In the SERIES CONNECTION, batteries of like voltage and Amp-Hr capacity are connected to increase the Voltage of the battery bank. The positive terminal of the first battery is connected to the negative terminal of the second battery and so on, until the desired voltage is reached. The final Voltage is the sum of all the battery voltages added together while the final Amp-Hr, Cranking Performance and Reserve Capacity remain unchanged.
image001.jpg

Battery System: 12 Volt, 225 AH
Using Two T-105 Deep Cycle Batteries
(6 Volts, 225 AH each)

Answer: In PARALLEL CONNECTION, batteries of like voltages and capacities are connected to increase the capacity of the battery bank. The positive terminals of all batteries are connected together, or to a common conductor, and all negative terminals are connected in the same manner. The final voltage remains unchanged while the capacity of the bank is the sum of the capacities of the individual batteries of this connection. Amp-Hrs, Cranking Performance and Reserve Capacity increases while Voltage does not.
image002.jpg

Battery System: 6 Volt, 450 AH
Using Two T-105 Deep Cycle Batteries
(6 Volts, 225 AH each)

http://www.batteriesnorthwest.com/batteryschool.cfm?TID=17

Thanks guys for the explainations, seems I had totally misunderstood the "what does this have to do with my battery drain?" part of this thread
I'm going to be the proud owner of a noisy cricket soon so I'm truly grateful that all of you set me right thanks ;)

Most of the series/parallel applies only to a mech mod (or a bypass option on a regulated mod):

A mech mod with 2 batteries in parallel will give the exact same voltage as a mech mod with 1 battery, but will last almost twice as long.
A mech mod with 2 batteries in series will give double the voltage as a mech mod with 1 battery, but will last more or less the same time.

Regulated mods mess things up a bit. If you take the RX200 and vape it at 180W, and you take the Cuboid and vape it at 120W, both mods should last round about the same time. On the other hand, if you take a parallel regulated mod, and vape it at 120W, it might last considerably longer but you run risk of damaging the batteries.

Of course, no one vapes at these wattages constantly... and the mod adjusts (bucks or boosts) the voltage accordingly. While this definitely gives you longer vaping time, it does not result in a linear equation - the Cuboid will not last twice as long as an Evic VTC even when vaped at exactly the same voltage, but it will definitely be longer.

In my experience, my Rolo lasts me about a day and a half of serious vaping, whereas a VTC lasts me about 3/4 through the day, depending on the build and power. I really like the Rolo for the fact that I can vape at the wattage I want (in the range of 50 to 80 watts) without seriously impacting my total battery time, nor straining the batteries. With the VTC, if I vape at the power range I want I keep draining the thing empty in no time, and I worry about the battery strain... as a result I only use the VTC for higher ohm/lower wattage builds...

Last edited:
Back