DawnWing Issues

Christos

Reonaut
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
LV

Awards
@JakesSA @VapeGrrl , I know you guys use dawmwing and I know that this matter is out of your hands but I need to express my dissatisfaction with dawnwing.

I did order my parcel at 11 AM yesterday and I am in a major centre etc etc but dawnwing has informed me that the parcel will only be arriving tomorrow.

As per your website "Orders placed before 13:00 will be collected by the courier on the same day, for delivery the next business day."

If I had known this was going to be an issue I would have driven to you in the first place.
Tracking number : 50000081510

What can i do about this?

Dawnwing do take their time to me as well. They and MDS are the slowest couriers to here by far.

Dawnwing do take their time to me as well. They and MDS are the slowest couriers to here by far.
At 12:30 they said the package was arriving tomorrow.
At 13:30 they said it's arriving today.
At 14:30 nobody can tell me where the package is or when it will arrive.
It's been escalated as they are saying it was routed incorrectly but so far they keep promising to call me back but never do.
Spoke to a manager a few minutes ago so waiting to see if she calls me back.

I don't understand why nobody at dawnwing can give me any info or any correct info for that matter.

At 12:30 they said the package was arriving tomorrow.
At 13:30 they said it's arriving today.
At 14:30 nobody can tell me where the package is or when it will arrive.
It's been escalated as they are saying it was routed incorrectly but so far they keep promising to call me back but never do.
Spoke to a manager a few minutes ago so waiting to see if she calls me back.

I don't understand why nobody at dawnwing can give me any info or any correct info for that matter.
Hehe, I have stopped calling couriers. They do know how to apologize profusely, but not how to call back or solve an issue. Their so called investigations are a waste of time.
I have learned to be patient in this regard. Saves a lot of anger and frustration. I am now off the calmettes:D.

Last edited:
Hehe, I have stopped calling couriers. The do know how to apologize profusely, but not how to call back or solve an issue. Their so called investigations are a waste of time.
I have learned to be patient in this regard. Saves a lot of anger and frustration. I am now off the calmettes:D.
I think i need to use your approach :D
I need to go shopping and I dont want to leave in case they pitch up. (Very Long Story)
They have apologized for routing the parcel to the wrong place and they say it will be here in 30 mins.

I was just upset because they initially said it wan not arriving today and then it was arriving today.
I just wanted to know where it was so I could step out of the house for an hour or so.

Hehe, I have stopped calling couriers. The do know how to apologize profusely, but not how to call back or solve an issue. Their so called investigations are a waste of time.

I need to get me some calmettes.
Sorry for bothering you @JakesSA and @VapeGrrl.

Its just unfortunate because I was going to drive through to vapeclub yesterday and then i decided against it.

I have had two instances with DawnWing where they shipped overnight parcels by road from JHB to CPT.
Needless to say I had them drive it to me before 5pm. Vendors varied, but was confirmed to be a DawnWing slip-up at the parcel depot.

Package arrived. Dawnwing sent it to the wrong suburb so they were going to reschedule tomorrow.

After the stink i caused they made a plan to have it to me :D

Nothing beats The Courier Guy! I have shipped a ton of packages and received a ton of them... only issues is when it's to small dorpies like Kokstad and Knysna where they contract the last mile to other Mickey Mouse couriers (and all that does is add a day sometimes)... but Main centre to Main Centre they are unbeatable!

Last edited:
Nothing beats The Courier Guy! I have shipped a ton of packages and received a ton of them... only issues is when it's to small dorpies like Kokstad and Knysna where they contract the last mile to other Mickey Mouse couriers (and all that does is add a day sometimes)... but Main centre to Main Centre they are unbeatable!
The Courier Guy to Koringberg also rocks! His name is Colin.

@Christos glad it turned out ok in the end! Dawn Wing gives gives good service statistically but they do have the odd hiccup. For anyone reading this in future, please do be sure to send an email to info@vapeclub.co.za for tracking enquiries as well? :)

@Andre, are you are you sure you thinking of Dawn Wing? I have next day delivery for your last two orders. Getting a next day to Koringberg seems like rather good going although, admittedly, I don't know the area.. :confused:

@Christos glad it turned out ok in the end! Dawn Wing gives gives good service statistically but they do have the odd hiccup. For anyone reading this in future, please do be sure to send an email to info@vapeclub.co.za for tracking enquiries as well? :)

@Andre, are you are you sure you thinking of Dawn Wing? I have next day delivery for your last two orders. Getting a next day to Koringberg seems like rather good going although, admittedly, I don't know the area.. :confused:
Unfortunately I do not keep track of that (order to delivery), but it is possible. Their bad service of the past is maybe still stuck in my head - as bad service tends to do. BTW, Koringberg is about 130 km from the center of CT on the N7.

Ok, was looking at it on google map and I must say I envy you, it looks like a beautiful place to live! Being more than 10 minutes away from the closest mall may drive @VapeGrrl nuts though .. ;)

Just want to be sure they are not misrepresenting the delivery date, but the one POD does seem to bear it out. The other has no date but I assume then its above board.

Ok, was looking at it on google map and I must say I envy you, it looks like a beautiful place to live! Being more than 10 minutes away from the closest mall may drive @VapeGrrl nuts though .. ;)

Just want to be sure they are not misrepresenting the delivery date, but the one POD does seem to bear it out. The other has no date but I assume then its above board.
Not to worry, @JakesSA. I was not complaining about your courier's service at all (did only now see we are in your forum - sorry), I was more supporting @Christos in his time of turmoil.

Yes, beautiful littlest village to live in - as far away from the malls as I possibly can.

@JakesSA , they originally said it was only coming tomorrow because they didn't originally admit to sending the parcel to the wrong place.
Thanks for the great parcel.

@JakesSA , they originally said it was only coming tomorrow because they didn't originally admit to sending the parcel to the wrong place.
Thanks for the great parcel.

Always a pleasure, we have added your shipment to the agenda for 'discussion' at our next meeting with the Dawn Wing rep. :devil:

Not to worry, @JakesSA. I was not complaining about your courier's service at all (did only now see we are in your forum - sorry), I was more supporting @Christos in his time of turmoil.

Yes, beautiful littlest village to live in - as far away from the malls as I possibly can.

I prefer happy clients and Cape Town outlying has been a bone of contention in the past. Glad to see they are improving in that area..

I adore the SA 'platteland', hundreds of little gems to be discovered! Pity we don't get to see it much anymore with the shop, kiddos etc. If only I realised what a commodity time would become, I would have saved up some .. ;-)

Always a pleasure, we have added your shipment to the agenda for 'discussion' at our next meeting with the Dawn Wing rep. :devil:
The driver apologised to me profusely because he was the one that took the parcel because the first word of my suburb was the same as his normal area.

The annoyance was that I was told it was overnight +1 so I would only get the package tomorrow.

Decided to call again and they said it would be delivered today (Different rep).

I was then wanting to leave so I phoned to find out where the parcel is and nobody could help. They didn't know where it was our when it would arrive. After saying they would call me back I waited and nothing.

I then spoke to a manager who said she will investigate and find out what is going on as the package was supposedly supposed to arrive before 11 AM.

Anyways, bottom line is the Web tracking wasn't informative and there were inconsistencies in the responses I got.
Like I said before, I know it's out of your hands but thanks to you and Lindsay for logging a request with them to contact me this afternoon.

Back