Dead Rabbit RDA by Heathen and Hellvape - a review

So I am looking for my first RDA and are currently looking at the Dead Rabbit. Like the idea of the added squonk pin should I need it at a later stage.

Anyone has experience with this RDA?

Good or Bad for a first time RDA buyer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So got my DR today from @Throat Punch and so far pretty impressed with this RDA.
Stuck a dual coil at first and flavour was great (need to tinker a bit more and get a decent coil for her)
But my main use for her wanted to be in a single coil configuration.

So stuck a kanthal Clapton coil (cant rember the guage) but 3mm i.d 7 wraps reading 0.66 ohms at 35W and airflow closed halfway.

Its awesome. Im getting really good flavour but i wanna try some nichrome and SS in her to see the diffrence.

Im loving this RDA because it really is a multi purpose RDA.
Oh yes and the easiest RDA i have ever built on.
If you cant build on this RDA then you have a problem :-D

Pics of my build
20171013_233807.jpg 20171013_233756.jpg

Last edited:
Delivering mine tomorrow. Would be my first ever RDA. Hope I like it

Delivering mine tomorrow. Would be my first ever RDA. Hope I like it

You wont be disappointed.
The flavour im getting out of this thing with a single coil is insane.
It is not a smooth vape like a hadaly produces but flavour is up there with the big guns.

Im definetly not disappointed with this RDA. Defiantly great value for money.
@Throat Punch im eyeing out that Red one (but its sold out) so maybe a full black one ;)

You wont be disappointed.
The flavour im getting out of this thing with a single coil is insane.
It is not a smooth vape like a hadaly produces but flavour is up there with the big guns.

Im definetly not disappointed with this RDA. Defiantly great value for money.
@Throat Punch im eyeing out that Red one ;)
Can't wait to throw a build into it tomorrow. Will keep you updated

So my first build and can't say it was succesfull or so I think. Build a dual coil claptop at 0.4 ohms and wicked it but it is so "open airflow" that I actually cough when taking a drag. And not much vapor and flavour either. Any tips would be appreciated

So my first build and can't say it was succesfull or so I think. Build a dual coil claptop at 0.4 ohms and wicked it but it is so "open airflow" that I actually cough when taking a drag. And not much vapor and flavour either. Any tips would be appreciated

A clear photo of your build would help a lot in diagnosing the issue.

Calling on @Waine and all those that have a Dead Rabbit in here.

Last night I opened my newly acquired Dead Rabbit and dropped a dual coil 2x28gSS\34gNi80 5 wrap build in there wicked with Prime Wicks.
And I was not impressed at all.
Watched a few review videos and decided to try play around with coil placement. I lowered the coils and moved them out towards the wall of the RDA (like how DJLsb vapes did) and still not getting the crazy flavour that everyone talking about.
I tried moving the coils so their centered over the posts and same result, the flavour is mediocre at best.
Although I did notice with the coils centered there was less throat hit. Coils close to the walls also introduced a little spit back.

Same wire, same build, same prime wicks, same juice in the Goon 1.5 produces much better flavour.

My request is for some pics of your builds so I can compare coil height etc. I really want to get the flavour on this RDA where it should be. Thanks in advance.

A clear photo of your build would help a lot in diagnosing the issue.
Hi sir would these help?
d421951be3848f78d45b8148a785fdfa.jpg
8dffe8f3fb2aed264d062f8977d674b1.jpg
65a7d53a8e6447b4dee4a163946153ad.jpg

Do you have some other specs on those coils tipe of wire used gauge of internal wire and external wire.

I find that with normal claptons its a uphill battle against ramp up and when the coils are nice and hot its time to drip again and this battle starts over.

Fused claptons are a different story they ramp up quick.
Do you have any other wire?

Another question do you vape moth to lung or direct lung?

Build looks good. Might be a bit to much cotton not sure don't own a dead rabbit.

What wattage are you vaping at?
Did you dry burn the coils and check for hotspots?
I did yes

Do you have some other specs on those coils tipe of wire used gauge of internal wire and external wire.

I find that with normal claptons its a uphill battle against ramp up and when the coils are nice and hot its time to drip again and this battle starts over.

Fused claptons are a different story they ramp up quick.
Do you have any other wire?
Currently. 24ga internal kanthal and 32 ga wrapped kanthal. And i do have some nichrome ni80

Hi sir would these help?
d421951be3848f78d45b8148a785fdfa.jpg
8dffe8f3fb2aed264d062f8977d674b1.jpg
65a7d53a8e6447b4dee4a163946153ad.jpg

Your coils are sitting too low brother. They need to sit basically in line with airflow, well slightly higher actually so airflow goes under your coil.
Check my pic and see where airflow is catching. Excuse the cotton been vaping desert profiles.

1508271786558-100918828.jpg

Your coils are sitting too low brother. They need to sit basically in line with airflow, well slightly higher actually so airflow goes under your coil.
Check my pic and see where airflow is catching. Excuse the cotton been vaping desert profiles.

View attachment 110711
Thanks. Will def try that

Back