helen7708

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there,

This is all new to me (vaping and using a forum!)

I got a Twisp 2 years ago (the original design) because I want to quit smoking. Needless to say, it was awful and gave up on that pretty quickly.

Early this year I upgraded (at least I thought so at the time) to an Eleaf iJust 2 and I have had ENDLESS problems with the machine, ranging from the button getting permanently stuck, constantly leaking liquid everywhere despite using the atomisers and liquid the guys at VapeMob tell me will be okay in this device and recently it also switches itself off even when the battery is full, so it's not reliable and, as such, I always have to carry cigarettes on me.

So I am looking to upgrade for real this time, and hopefully with better luck! I am looking for a vaporizer that:
- Isn't one of these massive machines
- That isn't ridiculously expensive
- That isn't more expense to run and use than a box-a-day smoking habit costs
- That is REALLY easy to use (terms like mls, watts, etc mean nothing to me, I'm not great with gadgets!)
- That is a TRUSTED brand
- That has parts that are readily available (preferably at VapeMob because I live in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town)
- That has a decent warranty, just because I have had such a rough time with my ijust.

I really like the Kanger Topbox Nano kit (but can't seem to find it on local online stores anymore) and the Joytech Evic VTwo kit.

Any feedback, advise or suggestions from the pros?

If I were to get the Pico, which I like the look of, what atomizor / coil things would I buy with it so that I have some on hand? And what strength liquid? Would 3mg or 6mg both be okay in the device?
And does it come with a removable battery or a does it charge via USB?
I'd recommend you Pico Kit which comes with an atomizer / tank.

In terms of coils, the 0.3ohm are good and then as I have mentioned the ceramic ones (cCell 0.9ohm) are great too from what I have heard.

3mg or 6mg should be more than sufficient in the Melo 3 mini tank.

The battery is removable, however it can be charged via USB.

If I were to get the Pico, which I like the look of, what atomizor / coil things would I buy with it so that I have some on hand? And what strength liquid? Would 3mg or 6mg both be okay in the device?

Yeah takes a single 18650 removable battery but can charge it through usb.

It uses the Atlantis type coil, comes with two in the box. When they are done I would absolutely recommend getting the vapresso ccell ceramic coils.

It Can handle 3 or 6 nicely. Getting of smokes I would recommend 6 to start but you will notice yourself betting down to 3 rather quickly

If I were to get the Pico, which I like the look of, what atomizor / coil things would I buy with it so that i have some on hand? And what strength liquid? Would 3mg or 6mg both be okay in the device?
Personally I'd use 3mg strength because 6mg kills my throat, if you decide on the Pico take the limited edition in brushed silver, it looks the best IMO
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collect...ducts/pico-75w-tc-limited-edition-starter-kit
For freat flavor and because you're a smoker i recommend the Vaporesso Ccell ceramic coils 0.9ohm kanthal
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collect...-replacement-coils-5-pack?variant=25538199683
And it uses a single 18650 battery so it's ok to charge with the cable but an external charger will prolong the lifespan of the Pico
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collections/chargers/products/nitecore-i2-charger
And ofcourse your batteries, 1 if you plan on charging via cable or 2 if you purchase an external charger so you always have an extra charged battery on hand, go for the LG HG2'S, 3000mah so nice battery life, they're about R200 each at most places. And ofcourse a sleeve to keep your Pico protected
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collections/mod-spares-accessories/products/eleaf-pico-silicon-sleeve

Last edited:
Personally I'd use 3mg strength because 6mg kills my throat, if you decide on the Pico take the limited edition in brushed silver, it looks the best IMO
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collect...ducts/pico-75w-tc-limited-edition-starter-kit
For freat flavor and because you're a smoker i recommend the Vaporesso Ccell ceramic coils 0.9ohm kanthal
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collect...-replacement-coils-5-pack?variant=25538199683
And it uses a single 18650 battery so it's ok to charge with the cable but an external charger will prolong the lifespan of the Pico
http://www.vapecartel.co.za/collections/chargers/products/nitecore-i2-charger
And ofcourse your batteries, 1 if you plan on charging via cable or 2 if you purchase an external charger so you always have an extra charged battery on hand, go for the LG HG2'S, 3000mah so nice battery life
Thanks! Does it come with a battery?

Welcome to the forum @helen7708 Just wanted to let you know that there are also two other great vape shops in the S Suburbs, close to Vapemob. Vape Cartel in Plumstead and Foggas Vape Lounge in Claremont. There are also a couple of Pico starter kits going in the classifieds here if you want to check them out.

@helen7708 I would recommend the Pico with the Melo 3 Mini kit... I have a lot of devices and I must say the Pico Mini Kit is the best value for money on the planet right now especially if you replace the standard coils with the 0.6Ω SS cCell coils... set the wattage to 30 watts... done! Happiness Land!

The various Joyetech AIO devices (including the Cubis tank that comes with the VTC kits) use the Cubis type coils which gurgle and spit a lot, the only one of these coils that doesn't spit is the 0.6 that comes with the adorable little AIO starter kit however, this particular coil is useless when it comes to vapour production and flavour is more than muted. Add to that they are impossible to find.

The Pico kit is the better option by far! It's fairly rugged, chucks vapour well and it's very simple to use. This is the device I recommend to anyone starting out.

Sorry, technology mishap AIO in my opinion is THE most overrated device.... Yes its easy to use, no fiddles and leaks, but flavour absolutely muted and airlock issue burns coils like crazy if they have fixed these issues in an upgrade i might change my opinion, but for now it stands!!! I would NOT recommend the AIO for someone who wants to quit smoking, and feel my humble evod delivers better!!! I honestly regret ever buying it!!!

Pico... A great device and performs even better even with the standard coils, which last ages as well, and the melo tanks dont guzzle juicebattery life is also excellent!!! the ONLY issue i have with the melo tanks ( which may irritate you as well) are leaks from the airflow rings..... I have both the standard melo and the mini, which i swap out day and night. Melo with 18mg for the day and mini with 6 to 8mg at night. When i swap tanks i place the other one on its side on a stack of tissues on my nightstand, and sure enough when i pick it up again, tank is wet and sticky and some nice seepage through the tissues

BUT if you can live with that minor hiccup you wont get a better starter than the pico/melo combination!!!

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Back