Discussion - Juice Competition - Best Of Ecigssa

Well if the vendors have any ideas as to how this could be done, specifically regarding the sample idea (although I don't see it as being that feasible) then getting some input would be great.

Also, as juice makers, do you guys agree with the categories as they are set out above?

Just B there boots and all. Will supply every single juice I have as they are all that good................ And I am not punting........ Just being honest.:)

wait can we post liquids we have tried here or is it only going to be a voting thing later on?

At this stage we are only trying to establish the manner in which to run the comp, so realistically I think the comp would only start in August

Sounds good to me. Take note everyone, I prefer box mods to tube mods :D :D

I'll have to do a bit of looking around.. Those google form submissions return data as a spreadsheet. If we were to use that, we could always make that publicly available.

@devdev i think if the winning vendor have a banner of best juice in SA for a year, free publicity and all that why would the not enter one or two flavours and go the extra mile to get ppl tasting them and voting for them

DErail slight .. i see my banner just went over a month vaping :)

Back on topic

I think incentivising is important. Perhaps a small banner for the winners, with an agreement that a winner will offer a couple of bottles for random entrants?

I had it in mind that they could get place trophies, like you see on this page:
http://www.nicoticket.com/grandmas-cinnamon-danish/

See that flavour won best of ECF 3rd place in Bakery category.

Again, it would be great if the vendors wanted to provide samples, but the problem is we cannot limit access for those who can't or don't want to dish out tons of free stuff. If the vendors feel so inclined, they could send samples for the Tasteboxes, if they don't want to then that is also fine. By my reckoning the strongest contenders are evident by word of mouth on the forum as things stand.

If a juice is that good, then chances are the majority of folks will have given it a try already.

Maybe get the public to vote for the best five and on the anual event/meet the best five gets tasted by a panal with the same mods same watts same setup ..

@VapeTownZA

Last edited:
The benefit to vendors as I see it:

1. Having their product announced as winner in category or overall listing
2. Being issued the virtual trophy
3. Using the trophy on their website and marketing materials
4. Indirect: Members being very interested in trying the winning flavours

I don't necessarily mean tasting samples Dev. A banner on this forum would be worth a notable amount per month. If a winner wanted a banner and were to offer a couple prizes in lieu of payment, it might be beneficial for all parties

Just one idea, there are loads of options!

I will need to discuss the idea of a banner for the winner with fellow admins and staff. I don't see it as being a huge problem, but some specific things will need to be ironed out given the competing interests at play.

Definitely think that prizes for members would be awesome, and so far vendors have responded very generously when we have needed prizes. So yes, I think that is definitely something we can look at doing

Good point, forgot about that!!! Complicates matters quite a bit - I'm sure you'll come up with something cool irrespective!

Again guys, the idea is that we discuss all of these things as a community and come up with something that serves everyone.

I am not ruling out any ideas, just indicating where there seem to be practical problems from my perspective

And ^that^ is another reason this is one of my favourite local online communities.

Congrats @kimbo on your one month vaping anniversary. You have come a long way friend, and I hope you really start to see the health benefits of being tobacco free in the coming months

Well if the vendors have any ideas as to how this could be done, specifically regarding the sample idea (although I don't see it as being that feasible) then getting some input would be great.

Also, as juice makers, do you guys agree with the categories as they are set out above?

Hey guys... regarding those samples. I think Dev covered it already.
I cannot afford to supply samples of my lines. Simple as that.
Another thing, I feel that finding good liquids is a journey.

It's starts off by hearing about it, looking for reviews on the web, making up your mind, buying it, trying it and then deciding if it was worth the effort to get hold of.
Providing samples of my lines cuts out 90% of that journey. And even though that journey is expensive, it's part of this hobby.

Sometimes a good juice is about more than just taste. It's the excitement, the anticipation, the supply and demand factor... and then finally, the grand finale - that it actually was worth everything you went through and the price to get it. I'd like to preserve this.

Then there's also the fact that I cannot bankroll providing samples to the masses... have I mentioned that already?

Oh and then here's also the fact that I cannot bankroll providing samples to the masses...

Every single cent that SΩV has made has gone back into building a bigger and better SΩV. Pair that with the give aways we do on a regular basis I can not fit in any more promotional gigs. I do like the idea though.

Hey guys... regarding those samples. I think Dev covered it already.
I cannot afford to supply samples of my lines. Simple as that.
Another thing, I feel that finding good liquids is a journey.

It's starts off by hearing about it, looking for reviews on the web, making up your mind, buying it, trying it and then deciding if it was worth the effort to get hold of.
Providing samples of my lines cuts out 90% of that journey. And even though that journey is expensive, it's part of this hobby.

Sometimes a good juice is about more than just taste. It's the excitement, the anticipation, the supply and demand factor... and then finally, the grand finale - that it actually was worth everything you went through and the price to get it. I'd like to preserve this.

Then there's also the fact that I cannot bankroll providing samples to the masses... have I mentioned that already?

Oh and then here's also the fact that I cannot bankroll providing samples to the masses...

My thought on that one ..

Why do you wanna enter our whole line, yes it makes your cnase of winnig bigger but i am sore after six montes or a year you see your best seller and just enter that one, @devdev
FFS and got eatin again

Lets try again

Get a publi voted juice winner

And a overall best of the best winner

Why do you wanna enter our whole line, yes it makes your cnase of winnig bigger but i am sore after six montes or a year you see your best seller and just enter that one, @devdev

Well we don't really have just one best seller.
A few of them are head to head. And if I had to pick I wouldn't know which one to choose.
I know what that reads like, but you guys know how I feel about my imported lines. I love them all, that's why I have them.

Lets assume I did just have one. How many bottles would have to go around to actually make a difference.

FFS and got eatin again

Lets try again

Get a publi voted juice winner

And a overall best of the best winner

I can understand where @RevnLucky7 is coming from.
He deals only in exclusive products.

But on the flip side, this is for locally produced juices. So this doesn't actually apply to him. Unless I misread this thread completely somewhere along the lines.

I think samples make things really tricky.. However most forumites we could classify as enthusiasts with a fair amount being customers to places like SOV?

The idea is for two categories.

What is being discussed here is locally made products

The other category will be best of imported juices, whether those juices are vendor supplied or imported by members.

I can understand where @RevnLucky7 is coming from.
He deals only in exclusive products.

But on the flip side, this is for locally produced juices. So this doesn't actually apply to him. Unless I misread this thread completely somewhere along the lines.

I was just thinking the same thing, why for inports, no ovence @RevnLucky7, we wanna get the best in SA for inport juise go look at the international site

Back