DIY Journey

Okay tried the sweet guava cactus mix. It’s not a snv for me ;( I’m going to leave it to steep for a week and try again.

Okay tried the sweet guava cactus mix. It’s not a snv for me ;( I’m going to leave it to steep for a week and try again.

...lol, it's not for everyone, but will get better, I snv out of necessity

I also need to, so it’s a battle between that need and then wanting it to taste at it’s best and wait :-D

I also need to, so it’s a battle between that need and then wanting it to taste at it’s best and wait :-D
You can leave out the cactus and SNV just the guava for now. Just do a small bottle. Should be 100’s.

Also, I definitely do like it!!!! I just feel like with a steep it’ll be better and the guava will come through more :p

Also, I definitely do like it!!!! I just feel like with a steep it’ll be better and the guava will come through more :p

...hope to see you at the JHB Vape Meet on 19th Feb

FINALLY a juice that was ready to test! This one is so yummy to me, so sharing the recipe :) Steep for 6 days.

Meringue (FA) 0.4%
Peach (INW) 2.6
Sweet Mango 2%
Pineapple (FLV) 2.3%
Sweetness (FLV) 0.6%
That sounds good.

what brand is the sweet mango?

Could someone please advise what sort of percentages to use CAP Super Sweet please?

Could someone please advise what sort of percentages to use CAP Super Sweet please?

It's more personal choice and depends on the flavours you are using.

A lot of diy'ers don't use any. Some only at low 0.25%. Wayne Walker go up to 1.5%, but he has a sweet tooth.

It's also a major coil gunker. So keep that in mind.

It's more personal choice and depends on the flavours you are using.

A lot of diy'ers don't use any. Some only at low 0.25%. Wayne Walker go up to 1.5%, but he has a sweet tooth.

It's also a major coil gunker. So keep that in mind.

Thanks Adephi! Might stay with FLV Sweetness then :) I noticed Wayne’s sweet tooth lol.

Okay so I decided to try adding some cactus to my Angel Kisses mix for the next batch. I put the bottle (with mix in) on the scale, hit "tare" to zero it and started dropping the cactus in. Low and behold the numbers don't budge :bash: I think "well the scale's just lagging, it'll change" and drop a few more drops in. NADA! I decide "screw it" and add a few more drops then stop at "well this feels about 0.3%" - guys, I'm sure some of you can relate to "feeling" more or less what a certain percentage is in terms of volume as you're adding it in, right?

May the Mixing Gods be ever on my side and in my favour :rolleyes: :giggle:

Okay so I decided to try adding some cactus to my Angel Kisses mix for the next batch. I put the bottle (with mix in) on the scale, hit "tare" to zero it and started dropping the cactus in. Low and behold the numbers don't budge :bash: I think "well the scale's just lagging, it'll change" and drop a few more drops in. NADA! I decide "screw it" and add a few more drops then stop at "well this feels about 0.3%" - guys, I'm sure some of you can relate to "feeling" more or less what a certain percentage is in terms of volume as you're adding it in, right?

May the Mixing Gods be ever on my side and in my favour :rolleyes: :giggle:

Instead of pushing tare before adding the cactus, just work out how many more grams of cactus you need to add after the last ingredient... if you are making a 30ml this is usually something like 0,05g and often the scales struggle to reflect such a low weight once tared. However it seems to have no issue recognizing such a low volume once it is already got some numbers on the scale... eg. to go from 1.25 to 1.30 is fine, but to go from 0 to 0.05 is where it struggles.

I tend to do this where there are very low volumes in a mix (cactus, super sweet etc.)

Another option is to make 10% dilution of the flavor in question and use that at 10 x times the required qty. Eg 0,05g of 'neat' cactus is the same as 0,50g of a 10% dilution, making it easier to work with from a scale perspective.

FINALLY a juice that was ready to test! This one is so yummy to me, so sharing the recipe :) Steep for 1 week.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/258703#angel_kisses_by_silverhound

I see that you have chosen to make a juice published by an unknown mixer. The juice is also unrated. This is pretty brave although perhaps not so much because you mix up small test amounts.

I only mix 100ml batches and therefore don't take a chance on unrated recipes. I do find one issue with using ratings and that is that some of the old recipes are highly rated but have very high total concentrates. As the attys improved the percentages dropped.

I am yet to mix a 100ml juice that I hate and will not vape. Having said that I have been DIYing for so long that there are many juices that I like and seldom have the need to try a new one. I'm definitely not advising anyone to mix large batches. I am inherently lazy and can't be bothered to mix 10 or 30ml.

I see that you have chosen to make a juice published by an unknown mixer. The juice is also unrated. This is pretty brave although perhaps not so much because you mix up small test amounts.

I only mix 100ml batches and therefore don't take a chance on unrated recipes. I do find one issue with using ratings and that is that some of the old recipes are highly rated but have very high total concentrates. As the attys improved the percentages dropped.

I am yet to mix a 100ml juice that I hate and will not vape. Having said that I have been DIYing for so long that there are many juices that I like and seldom have the need to try a new one. I'm definitely not advising anyone to mix large batches. I am inherently lazy and can't be bothered to mix 10 or 30ml.

This is my recipe.

Silverhound !!! Gets me every time.:)

Nevertheless, it serves to confirm my point about ratings.

I only posted the recipe yesterday, if anyone mixed it, still got a week to go before trying and then reviewing it. :) If people don't like it I'm not bothered, I'm enjoying the journey.

Back