Dna30d Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I would want to stick to the original plan we need to factor in availability of supply going forward.

If we had to produce 50 units we would be at the mercy of DNA

Although I would want to stick to the original plan we need to factor in availability of supply going forward.

If we had to produce 50 units we would be at the mercy of DNA

I agree, but I still favour the DNA30D design and the proof of reliability over time, at the moment Afriville is small and the enclosure design is ready for the Evolv DNA30D, but that just my opinion.

I agree, but I still favour the DNA30D design and the proof of reliability over time, at the moment Afriville is small and the enclosure design is ready for the Evolv DNA30D, but that just my opinion.

Exactly the same things that I was weighing up in my mind.

I think the quality of the DNA should be better, but without having either board tested (by yourself), then I don't think we can make a call for certain at this stage

Exactly the same things that I was weighing up in my mind.

I think the quality of the DNA should be better, but without having either board tested (by yourself), then I don't think we can make a call for certain at this stage

DNA30D tested to oblivion on other international techie sites by respected engineers, I don't need to test the DNA30D, I fully trust their test results.

I'll take one :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What's your feeling @johan?

Maybe the SX350 board can fit into Rhino case?

Maybe we could offer one or the other, subject to availability?

What's your feeling @johan?

Maybe the SX350 board can fit into Rhino case?

Maybe we could offer one or the other, subject to availability?

SX350 will fit, but some changes need to be done to enclosure, IMO stick to original plan DNA30D

Would we be able to get the 50 DNA units or would there be a limit per customer?
I think I would be more comfortable with the DNA just because they have been thoroughly tested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Would we be able to get the 50 DNA units or would there be a limit per customer?
I think I would be more comfortable with the DNA just because they have been thoroughly tested.

There are no limit on quantity and I agree, the DNA30D has been well tested since their first launch Jan 15, 2014

At the price listed in the OP isn't it also cheaper ex shipping then the SX350.
We need to hear from other Afriville citizens on their thoughts.

At the price listed in the OP isn't it also cheaper ex shipping then the SX350.
We need to hear from other Afriville citizens on their thoughts.

It does work out cheaper even if we calculate $/W; SX350 = $1.57/W vs DNA30D = $1.50

Dna30 was first option and is proven to be a good chip if we go with sx350 need to really test it dna30 got my vote

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Johan I am in no way able to make an informed vote here.

But to me this is a no brainer

The design thanks to @TylerD is ready for the DNA30 and it's properly tested and it's cost effective. To me it seems quite obvious.

I think we should go with the original plan.

Johan I am in no way able to make an informed vote here.

But to me this is a no brainer

The design thanks to @TylerD is ready for the DNA30 and it's properly tested and it's cost effective. To me it seems quite obvious.

I think we should go with the original plan.

I agree, its only in extreme circumstances that any design group should deviate from original design/plan. So far everybody that did comment agree with the DNA30D route. Will see what the other Afriville citizens say tomorrow.

Excluding price, what does the DNA30 offer over the SX350? Can you upgrade the software like the SX350?

I'm not part of afriville, so my opinion means nothing on this - just answering what I've seen.

On the spec sheet they're pretty much an even match - the 350 gives 5 more watts.

The DNA doesn't have is reverse battery protection - you will blow the chip if you put the battery in the wrong way - and then you'll have to buy another one.

And Voltage step down - meaning it wont step the voltage down if you set it to lower watts setting - so if you set it to 6Watts it will only supply 6Watts worth of voltage - the DNA can't do that, the sx350 does do that.

So, other than price they're pretty much the same thing - except the DNA has more testing behind it. The tests on the SX300 I've seen looked good, and looked at delivering what it said on the box - but I haven't seen many tests, and nothing of the stress testing variety.

I'd also say go with the DNA. Surely evolv has realised the demand and is gonna ramp up production.

I wasn't so keen on the gravity sensor anyway. Although I did like the idea of the 'bypass' mech mode that the SX has

Then from my perspective we proceed with the DNA - on the principle of not deviating from the original plan.

Having said that, to me there is little difference between 30 and 35 watts. If you really need more than 30w you would probably know how to get that much power out of a mech.

Just hope we don't get screwed over if we need large quantities

I wasn't so keen on the gravity sensor anyway. Although I did like the idea of the 'bypass' mech mode that the SX has

That was putting me off as well, but the latest versions of the SX has the option to add up-down buttons.

My vote goes to the DNA. The only reason for looking at anything else was the availability issue. Since that has been resolved, I see no reason to deviate from the original plan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back