Dropping nic when going MVP

rogue zombie

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Did you people drop in nic when going to MVP, or a stronger battery in general?

I'm so confused on whether to drop, because I use to very different batteries. With EVOD batteries I NEED 18mg, but with the Spinner not so much.

So if I get an MVP, I don't know if I should just go lower.

I went from EVOD to the SVD and then eVic. Only time I really dropped was when I got into rebuildable attys

If you're using the same atomizer, then not really, because the MVP is only about 1 watt more powerful than a Spinner.

Give it a try first before dropping down

stick to the 18mg of buy one bottle of lower nic to see ;)

On my 134 mini I actually vape at a higher watt that on my spinners but vape a bit less and feel more satisfied.

stick to the 18mg of buy one bottle of lower nic to see ;)

On my 134 mini I actually vape at a higher watt that on my spinners but vape a bit less and feel more satisfied.
This is about the third time I have seen this observation in the last few days. Personally, have also found that if I vape 12 mg (as opposed to my usual 18 mg) I go through juice at a rate of desperation without any real satisfaction.

Ok i am convused

Using an EVOD at 10watt on any device it will be the same

But when you use a RBA/RBD at 10watt with custom coil and wick you will get a difference

I thought the more power you give have more to do with the flavour of the juice in a commercial tank. You have the option to turn the power up or down depending or dry hits or so

In RBA/RBD if your wick can keep up then you can open the air, pump the power and blow the clouds. This is were the nic level comes into play
Or you can set it up for flavour, drop the power, close the air and just relax with some nice juice

Am i wrong?

Ok i am convused

Using an EVOD at 10watt on any device it will be the same

But when you use a RBA/RBD at 10watt with custom coil and wick you will get a difference

I thought the more power you give have more to do with the flavour of the juice in a commercial tank. You have the option to turn the power up or down depending or dry hits or so

In RBA/RBD if your wick can keep up then you can open the air, pump the power and blow the clouds. This is were the nic level comes into play
Or you can set it up for flavour, drop the power, close the air and just relax with some nice juice

Am i wrong?
You seem to agree with all said above, so not sure what you are confused about? With a rebuildable you can usually have more effective vaporisation than with a commercial clearomizer and hence better uptake of nic, which might lead you to use lower nic juices.

Stay at 18mg for now, if anything you will find that you will need to use your device a little less and save a bit on juice ;)

If you're using the same atomizer, then not really, because the MVP is only about 1 watt more powerful than a Spinner.

Wait, this just set in.

I thought the MVP would be a good upgrade from a Spinner. Only 1w!

But a MVP is a definite upgrade to a Spinner, yes?

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

Wait, this just set in.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world
Well, in the sense that it gives you longer battery life and can show Watts and Ohms.

Wait, this just set in.

Only in battery size, shape and technology ( screen, ohmmeter, VW/VV [Spinner is VV only]). Power-wise in VW mode it peaks at 11W same as spinner 2, but in VV mode goes up to 5V...theoretically 12.5W. Keep in mind the MVP was designed to power commercial coils, usually in the 1.5-2.5 Ohm range. And it will do it for a much longer time than the Spinner.

If you want to upgrade for power, but still only use commercial coils then you'll only really need to go to 15W (Like the Nautilus BVD handles well in the 10-15W range). 15-20W for basic rebuilding but 20-30W devices for most general single coil rebuilding and 30-100+W for all you multi coil needs depending on your high power requirements.

Only in battery size, shape and technology ( screen, ohmmeter, VW/VV [Spinner is VV only]). Power-wise in VW mode it peaks at 11W same as spinner 2, but in VV mode goes up to 5V...theoretically 12.5W. Keep in mind the MVP was designed to power commercial coils, usually in the 1.5-2.5 Ohm range. And it will do it for a much longer time than the Spinner.

If you want to upgrade for power, but still only use commercial coils then you'll only really need to go to 15W (Like the Nautilus BVD handles well in the 10-15W range). 15-20W for basic rebuilding but 20-30W devices for most general single coil rebuilding and 30-100+W for all you multi coil needs depending on your high power requirements.
Excellent summary, Sir....I concur.

Hmm food for thought.

I suppose I don't really need more power, but I thought the MVP outperformed the Spinner in every way. This is for commercial coils.

I need a second battery, so I hoped I'd get a boost in performance, on top of all the benefits that comes with the MVP.

Last edited:
I found this review quite interesting.

Interesting because she was using a MVP with a mAN. And a Geni Mega with a 30w Hana (judging by its size).

And she clearly has the better experience with set up 1.

There is no better commercial tank than a mAN with a BVC coil. Period.

But the bigger battery did not make for a better vape.

It's all about what works... well!

Each to their own, I like BVC in my mAN's and AN, but I know some who still prefer the Kangertech dual coil over the BVC. The Genitanks and the new MOW atomisers have some of the biggest airflows I've experienced in smaller commercial atomisers, easily 2-3 times more than either Nautilus, but it's the flavour of the mAN that does it for me.

Don't be fooled by the "bigger" battery thing. She's running the Hana at single digit watts (8 or 9 watts...you can see it on the screen when you OCD freeze frame it a bit:-D), If your running commercial coils then the MVP will serve you well. If you like the form factor of the MVP and want to upgrade to a higher power there's not alot of options, but there are options. The Hana is wider and thicker, not really that lumpy, but not as comfy as the MVP. Same with the VTR, IPV, etc. I find all the mods that are +-42mm wide or narrower to be the most comfortable for all day carry and handling. So far, for me the only box mods that match the same dimensions or smaller is the Mini Hana (Vaporshark too I guess), My beloved mech Grand and mini Reo's :h: and the new Sigelei 50W (a bit edgy on the corners, but still nice in hand, simply amazing little thing when you consider the power...got mine today:D). The ZNA is similar in 18500 mode, but not with a 18650 battery as the 18650 tube extends past the box if I'm not mistaken.

Tube-wise, something like the 15W Innokin SVD, is a good upgrade IF your staying with commercial coils and it's cheaper than the MVP...excluding the batteries and charger. A batteries-and-charger setup is nice because when a battery goes dead, simply swap out a fresh one, and you can keep spare batteries around for long trips and camping where a USB or wall socket is not available. For higher power, there's ALOT of options in the tube category depending on your power needs and budget.

Ya it's the taste of them mAN that really impresses me. I also love how it's put together and the vape is so consistent.

The Sigelei 50w is very appealing to me, the versatility of being able to use whatever tanks you want, but R1500!

Back