ECIGSSA Comp 1 - Vaping is Life Changing - (Juicy Joes & Vape King)

How Vaping has changed my life:

So I have been fortunate enough to have never been a slave to the stinkies, however my girlfriend has not been as fortunate.
She has been a slave to the cigarettes for a while now, she has been wanting to stop and trying to but hasn't been able to.
She took a liking to my friends Twisp recently and I decided to get her an AIO to help her quit and so far, so good!
She loooves it, does not crave stinkies anymore, it is certainly better for her health and she no longer stinks and I no longer need to suffer through some stench when she smokes... Also kissing her tastes significantly better :p

A pic of my vape setup and favorite juice:
4d3c1bd1942a96d4578bd44ef5c4694c.jpg

So, how did vaping change my life?

It changed me into an addict. A gear addict and a forum addict! I'm constantly looking on the interwebs for new gear and the ecigssa.co.za is never closed on my computer.

On a more serious note I stopped smoking in January 2013 after a serious episode of anxiety attacks. Just stopped, no pills no patches, just threw away the stinkies. Although I am a fatty I completed 2 Olympic distance triathlons, two half Ironmans and several half marathons that year and lost about 20kgs! I felt like a new person.

I never had a smoke after that, until December 2014 when I thought on holiday that I would just have one which soon turned to two and soon thereafter to 30 - 40 a day. By March 2015 I had stopped training and smoking took any desire to train from me. It is strange how you would rather come home and have a few smokes than go for a quick run around the block. As the training stopped, the weight started to come back and I tried several times during 2015 to stop once again. I even bought a Twisp in Octobe and joined the forum, but nothing helped!

Fast forward to 1 April 2016. I was sitting in my office and I happen to go onto ecigssa.co.za again and it was as if a switch flipped. I decided then and there that I would stop smoking and start vaping. The few smokes I had left went to the bin and when I got home I charged the Twisp and starting vaping some Tobacco #1.

About 2 weeks after that @Chezzig so generously piffed a cuboid, tank and some juice to me and as they say the rest is history! I have since owned and used a few Mods and tanks, drippers and the like. And I've started training again and entered for the Cape Town Marathon during September. Weird how something so small can change your life for the better in such a short time!

I've also in the two months since I started converted a smoker to vaping so it gives you the chance to change others lives as well.

Well, that's the story up to now.....who know how the adventure will unfold.....maybe with a Big Black Box Mod!

Cheers
Prince

P.S. My one setup I could use the whole day is:
Very inspirational story man. Almost 2 years clean with nothing is amazing. Even more awesome is that you quit for a 2nd time now. Hope you stay off the stinkies for good this time round :thumbup:

So, how did vaping change my life?

It changed me into an addict. A gear addict and a forum addict! I'm constantly looking on the interwebs for new gear and the ecigssa.co.za is never closed on my computer.

On a more serious note I stopped smoking in January 2013 after a serious episode of anxiety attacks. Just stopped, no pills no patches, just threw away the stinkies. Although I am a fatty I completed 2 Olympic distance triathlons, two half Ironmans and several half marathons that year and lost about 20kgs! I felt like a new person.

I never had a smoke after that, until December 2014 when I thought on holiday that I would just have one which soon turned to two and soon thereafter to 30 - 40 a day. By March 2015 I had stopped training and smoking took any desire to train from me. It is strange how you would rather come home and have a few smokes than go for a quick run around the block. As the training stopped, the weight started to come back and I tried several times during 2015 to stop once again. I even bought a Twisp in Octobe and joined the forum, but nothing helped!

Fast forward to 1 April 2016. I was sitting in my office and I happen to go onto ecigssa.co.za again and it was as if a switch flipped. I decided then and there that I would stop smoking and start vaping. The few smokes I had left went to the bin and when I got home I charged the Twisp and starting vaping some Tobacco #1.

About 2 weeks after that @Chezzig so generously piffed a cuboid, tank and some juice to me and as they say the rest is history! I have since owned and used a few Mods and tanks, drippers and the like. And I've started training again and entered for the Cape Town Marathon during September. Weird how something so small can change your life for the better in such a short time!

I've also in the two months since I started converted a smoker to vaping so it gives you the chance to change others lives as well.

Well, that's the story up to now.....who know how the adventure will unfold.....maybe with a Big Black Box Mod!

Cheers
Prince

P.S. My one setup I could use the whole day is:

Great story @PrinceVlad
Congrats on the victory!
Keep it up - you are doing great!

Lol, yeah me too..... Did I win yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously need....or is it need that Big Black Box!

Sent from my ONE 3G HD using Tapatalk

Anyone know what time the announcement is?

I'm mega excited for this

Anyone know what time the announcement is?

I'm mega excited for this

No idea, all i know is that it ends at 17:00, and the announcement will be made soon, so if soon will be tonight still, over the weekend, dunno.

Vap
View attachment 54095
ECIGSSA Competition 1 - Vaping is Life Changing
--- sponsored by Juicy Joes and Vape King ---

--- closing date - 10 June 2016 ---

This is our first competition and we are very excited to bring it to the members of ECIGSSA

What you need to do to win
  • We want you to describe (in no less than 50 words) how vaping has changed your life for the better.
  • Then you need to post a single picture of your favourite vaping device and juice. This needs to be a setup that could keep you going for a while if that was the only setup and juice you could use.
In light of the recent FDA ruling, it will be great to hear from vapers their positive thoughts on vaping and see a picture of their favourite setup.

Prizes

View attachment 54086
View attachment 54087

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this maiden competition are Juicy Joes and Vape King. Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum. We intend involving a wide range of vendors in these competitions over time.

1st prize from Juicy Joes
  • 1 x Big Black Box Mod
  • 1 x 100ml Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 30ml Juice (any juice of your choice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
View attachment 54093
Bear in mind that Juicy Joes stocks one of the widest ranges of local juices in SA. So the juice prizes on offer should please any palate.

Runner-up prize from Vape King
  • 1 x Geek vape simple tool kit
  • 2 x 30ml King Royale Juices (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • 1 x 50ml Rebel Lion Juice (your choice of juice that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA
View attachment 54089 View attachment 54091 View attachment 54092

Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Friday 10th June 2016 at 5pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • The two winners will be randomly drawn from eligible entrants
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

View attachment 54101
Vaping has changed my life for the better, no longer do I stink, or cough or get sick as much. I can smell again, I can taste my food! All in all, I'm healthier and happier!! The house does not stink of cigarette smoke!! nor does my car!!! Convert for 2 years now! I have converted a couple of friends and family members over to vaping as well, these have the same feeling towards cigarettes, they cant touch the stuff!! If I had to give anyone advise, no matter what device or setup you run in the beginning, stick with it for two weeks without smoking at all, and you will reap the rewards!! Vapeing can be cheaper as well never mind the health benefits listed, it may turn out costing you more, but in the end you will love it more!!

I quit smoking and started vaping, I work in a stressful environment and did not go out to quit smoking but rather to replace it with the healthier alternative, this way i can keep calm when I need to and not worry about returning to those cancer sticks!! I love vaping and always always try to convert smokers to join the revolution.

Another thing I have to mention is the community, such a nice side effect of starting this culture, people are friendly and always helpful, not just on this forum but all over the community, be it the international ecf forum, and even Reddit, the fact is this, the community is awesome and keeps growing positively all the way. just look at the advocacy on all the YouTube reviewers.. it's wonderful to see how people stand together to stop big Tobacco from taking our lives to their financial benefit! This look at this wonderful initiative to support our vaping cousins abroad, I love it!! and as a community that stretches beyond the borders of countries and even continents we will overcome these obstacles!!

Go Vaping!!! and thank you for this awesome initiative guys!!! Vape Strong :)

Here is my setup currently with me (the bulk is at home :) )
Unfortunately I do not have my favorite juice in a packaged bottle as one of my favorites is actually a mix I do myself, Definitely my All Day Vape. (consists mostly of RY4 Double :) ) so the bottle without a label will have to do for now :)

Wismec Reuleaux RX200S, GeekVape Avocado 24, Single coil 5 wrap 4.1 ID, coming in @ 0.72 Ohm vaping between 60 and 65 Watts calculating to 6.7 off volts, taxing he batteries @ only 10A :) What a lovely vape
20160610_152533.jpg

Thanks for all the entries !

Still one and a half hours to go till the competition closes

So if you haven't entered yet, get your entry in now!

Thanks for all the entries !

Still one and a half hours to go till the competition closes

So if you haven't entered yet, get your entry in now!
Lol, I'll in traffic from now on, urg, Sandton to Centurion, what a pain, at least I have my vape and my music to help me get home :)

in a large way this hasnt just changed the way ive enjoyed vaping but being around ppl that share the interest.
competitions that vendors are coming out with not just to showcase there company but to help vapers from all over live better lives
just the past 3 week ive turned 4ppl from smokers to vapers with the little EGO AIO kit.
the most inexpensive device. with just juice required to satisfy there needs of nic.
the community is also a large and great bunch of ppl helpful hint and tips

Device
ijust2 battery
RDA
Ehpro eDrip t2
never needing to worry about braking a tank glass.
Juice :
All Coiled out Juice

Attachments

• 2016-06-10 15.46.25.jpg
    2016-06-10 15.46.25.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Two of my grandparents died from smoking related illnesses before they could even see me let alone spend any of that fond-memory making time with me. From what was explained to me both were literally slow and painful deaths. I also have a host of auto-immuno issues, coupled together, you'd think that I would never have touched a cigarette let alone smoked one, but up untill a month or so ago I was on 30 or so a day.

I started smoking in my twenties, think it was just a time where I could be free, discover new things, get up to no good with my mates and do grown up things without having to hide it, like having a beer, or having a smoke. I actually smoked very little at this time. Then I hit my mid twenties, and a liot of bad luck, a lot of friends lives changing,pretty much turned the page on that chapter,and I think I started smoking more and more,trying to chase that nostalgia, not noticing that the chain smoking was creeping up on me hard and steady.

Fast forward to recent times and having had some bad blood results, I decided I needed a major change, hitting the gym and a new diet wasn't going to cut it. I had previously tried a twisp, but gave it up after a couple of weeks, so I hit the internet, did some reading, found some familiar stories, found a local vendor and the rest is history.

Vaping so far has given me a lot, a community of like minded people, new knowledge, a new hobby to keep my hands and brain busy and ofcourse the start of a new lease on life, enough to store the nostalgia away and look forward to tommorow.

I don't have a favourite juice yet, I try to get a new one each week to add to the menu and try out, but after trying out a few configurations, the rolo with the limitless rdta is my most used set up. 14655697539101454826967.jpg

Hi to all on the forum

Im a newbie vaper. To be honest im still smoking stinkies but i am trying to get of them.

How I started vaping:
So a few months ago i found one of my fathers twisp devices. It still worked so i just charged it, filled her up and started vaping. I had no plan on giving up ciggerettes but ever since i started vaping on a daily bases ive been smoking less stinkies. My gf also got hooked and really wanted her own device.
So this weekend i decided to buy her a Joyetech AIO at VapeCartel CT. I am currently saving up(coz im a student) for a decent setup.

I am not feeling the full benefits of vaping just yet coz im not completely off the stinkies but i have been smoking less and i no longer weez at night when trying to fall asleep.

Big thanx to the guys @VapeCartelCT for helping me out.

View attachment 54431

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk
Are you revving and taking that picture ? lol

This constipation is is is is mmmm o wait
anxiety I mean ;) killing me

Tell me about it @Sickboy77

Ive been on the forum since 17:30 waiting to see the winners

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6032 using Tapatalk

So have I just got home sitting in traffic from randburg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back