Eleaf Lemo RTA

free3dom

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Finally got my hands on a Eleaf Lemo RTA (courtesy of eCiggies) after about a month of wanting it (which feels like a year in "vape gear desire" time) :dance:

So I will post a lot of pictures and describe my initial thoughts of this most awesome tank (as promised @Andre and @VandaL).

Spoiler: I absolutely love it! I have finally found my favourite atomizer (for this week anyways) ;)

I will do this in two posts, just to make it more managable - my thoughts on the device will be at the end of the second post.

Without further delay, a look at what comes in the box (very impressive indeed)
Part 1 - 01.JPG

And here she is in all here glory...
Part 1 - 02.JPG

Disassembled (because what kind of vaper doesn't immediately take appart a new gadget)
Part 1 - 03.JPG Part 1 - 06.JPG

It comes with a coil installed - even though IMHO it sucks, it's still nice that they did it...with some mystery cotton wick - which I promptly disposed of o_O
Part 1 - 04.JPG

Bottom view with the cap removed - this is where you adjust airflow (little ring around the screw in the center) and also where you fill it (the phillips head screw) - more on these later
Part 1 - 05.JPG

For the sake of interest, the included coil had a resistance of 1.1 Ohm
Part 1 - 07.JPG

First I just wicked the included coil with some of my own organic cotton, and...
Part 1 - 08.JPG

..well to be honest it was not great.

Luckily this was easily remedied by building my own (proper) coil :)

To be continued...

Building a coil for this should be instantly familiar for anyone who's ever built a Kayfun/Russian...except that the deck is (IMHO) noticably easier to work on. I had no problems, except that I was in a hurry and didn't clean it properly from my earlier "test run" and so it was very slippery - silly mistake, but easily remedied with some tissue :)

I did a very simple single nano coil build as follows:

28G Kanthal
9/10 wraps @ 2mm ID
1.5Ohm

Pictures (because it DID happen ;-))

The coil (just wrapped)
Part 2 - 01.JPG

Some comparison shots with the included coil
Part 2 - 02.JPG Part 2 - 03.JPG

Mounting (Kayfun deja-vu)
Part 2 - 04.JPG Part 2 - 05.JPG

I lifted the coil fairly high for that nice TH :)
Part 2 - 06.JPG

Resistance checking (1.5 Ohm)
Part 2 - 07.JPG

Wicking (again this is pure Kayfun)
Part 2 - 08.JPG
Part 2 - 09.JPG
Part 2 - 10.JPG

Tuck the ends inside and prime the wick
Part 2 - 11.JPGPart 2 - 12.JPG Part 2 - 13.JPG

And now build up the "tower" (notice how similar this is to the mPT3)
Part 2 - 14.JPG Part 2 - 15.JPG
Part 2 - 16.JPG Part 2 - 17.JPG
At this point the tank is complete... without a drip tip

Now to fill her up (remove the bottom cap and the fill screw)
Part 2 - 18.JPG

Here I just want to add that, included in the package, is (two) silicone rings than can be used instead of the fill screw (for when you are out and about and don't want to carry a tool with you) - this way the device works completely toolless, very cool
Part 2 - 19.JPG Part 2 - 20.JPG

Fill the tank - I used a needle tip bottle and got zero leaking while filling and no leaking from the screw either.
Part 2 - 21.JPG

While you're at the bottom with the cap unscrewed, here you also adjust the airflow (notice the little notch in the silver ring around the center screw). The arrows indicate the direction to turn it to open/close the airflow). The ring is very loose but it takes several revolutions from fully open to full closed so slight movement shouldn't be an issue).
Part 2 - 22.JPG

And here she is, all filled up and ready to vape
Part 2 - 23.JPG

Paired with the iStick
Part 2 - 24.JPG Part 2 - 25.JPG Part 2 - 26.JPG

And finally, a comparison with the Kayfun 3.1 clone. They are almost exactly the same size, but the Lemo is slightly larger in diameter. Weight wise, the Lemo is very noticably lighter than the Kayfun.
Part 2 - 27.JPG Part 2 - 28.JPG

And just to highlight the airflow difference, here is the Lemo (right) and Kayfun (left, with default drip tip). Even though you can replace the drip tip on the Kayfun, the Lemo definitely has better airflow.
Part 2 - 29.JPG

Now that I've been vaping on it exclusively for a couple of hours I can honestly say, this is the best vape I've personally had so far. The airflow is superb, and even though I am (was) mostly a mouth-to-lung vaper, I find myself taking wonderful lung hits almost exclusively on this.

Vapor production is crazy - even with my modest little 1.5Ohm coil. I've had zero dry hits and I've taken it up to 18W on the iStick (although I prefer it at around 14W).

Flavour is also quite fantastic (even compared to the Kayfun, on which I get lovely flavour). One thing I like about this RTA (which some reviewers have called a "negative") is the long chimney which tends to cool down the vape somewhat - I prefer the cooler vape.

Looking at the pictures you might also notice (or not) the quality of the build. Everything feels perfect and solid (threading is also perfect). Maintenance on this is going to be a pleasure since everything comes apart - this really reminds me alot of the mPT3.

And the fact that this has a glass tank is the main reason I've been looking to get one. I prefer a seethrough tank and the fact that some liquids crack plastic tanks has always had me hesitant to just drop something in the Kayfun. With this that worry is completly gone :)

So in summary:

Pros:
Exceptional build quality (looks very nice)
Large tank capacity
Glass tank
Excelent airflow (and vapor production)
Very good flavour
Easy (and familiar) to build on
It's very very light (compared to the Kayfun)
Can be made completely tool-less (using the provided silicone plugs)
Great packaging
Does not leak (so far)
It's not a clone

Cons:
Filling requires a syringe or needle tip bottle (there's no top filling method)
Airflow control inside (but I personally don't change it frequently)

All in all, I'd give this a solid 9/10 (and if you consider the price it really is almost a 10/10) :)

This device (just like the iStick) definitely lives up to the hype, and I hope this gives others a decent idea of what to expect. I will definitely look into getting the "Drop" (smaller) version as well.

Vape on :rock:

Last edited:
I hope you properly washed the Lemo first to get rid of machine oil and leftover pubes etc.

that coils actually tank optimised, the spaces, help it wick better, and increase vapor production. its called a modified microcoil

Good going @freedom and lovely pics!

that coils actually tank optimised, the spaces, help it wick better, and increase vapor production. its called a modified microcoil

It's not the way the wick is built, it's the wire used I think...it takes forever to heat up. At 20W it takes about 2-3 seconds to start glowing. Maybe at higher power it would have worked better.

nice review man, been wanting to add one of these to my collection for a while now :p

First class review and pictures. Thank you. Must say the coil and wick it came installed with is about 1000 % better than the stuff one gets from Fasttech.

First class review and pictures. Thank you. Must say the coil and wick it came installed with is about 1000 % better than the stuff one gets from Fasttech.

Never got a Fasttech coiled device, but I'm sure they're terrible :rofl:

Authentic does go a long way it seems. They actually care about their brand and have reason to impress people, hence that little bit extra - even though I think most people who buy these will immediately throw their own coil on there, it does give you that sense that they're not just trying to maximize profit at your expense.

Too many authentic devices are priced out of range for most people and it's really good to see some of the bigger manufacturers getting in on rebuildables (well Eleaf and Kanger so far). The future is looking very bright for vapers :)

Building a coil for this should be instantly familiar for anyone who's ever built a Kayfun/Russian...except that the deck is (IMHO) noticably easier to work on. I had no problems, except that I was in a hurry and didn't clean it properly from my earlier "test run" and so it was very slippery - silly mistake, but easily remedied with some tissue :)

I did a very simple single nano coil build as follows:

28G Kanthal
9/10 wraps @ 2mm ID
1.5Ohm

Pictures (because it DID happen ;-))

The coil (just wrapped)
View attachment 15254

Some comparison shots with the included coil
View attachment 15255 View attachment 15256

Mounting (Kayfun deja-vu)
View attachment 15257 View attachment 15258

I lifted the coil fairly high for that nice TH :)
View attachment 15259

Resistance checking (1.5 Ohm)
View attachment 15260

Wicking (again this is pure Kayfun)
View attachment 15261
View attachment 15262
View attachment 15263

Tuck the ends inside and prime the wick
View attachment 15264View attachment 15265 View attachment 15266

And now build up the "tower" (notice how similar this is to the mPT3)
View attachment 15267 View attachment 15268
View attachment 15269 View attachment 15270
At this point the tank is complete... without a drip tip

Now to fill her up (remove the bottom cap and the fill screw)
View attachment 15271

Here I just want to add that, included in the package, is (two) silicone rings than can be used instead of the fill screw (for when you are out and about and don't want to carry a tool with you) - this way the device works completely toolless, very cool
View attachment 15272 View attachment 15273

Fill the tank - I used a needle tip bottle and got zero leaking while filling and no leaking from the screw either.
View attachment 15274

While you're at the bottom with the cap unscrewed, here you also adjust the airflow (notice the little notch in the silver ring around the center screw). The arrows indicate the direction to turn it to open/close the airflow). The ring is very loose but it takes several revolutions from fully open to full closed so slight movement shouldn't be an issue).
View attachment 15276

And here she is, all filled up and ready to vape
View attachment 15277

Paired with the iStick
View attachment 15278 View attachment 15279 View attachment 15280

And finally, a comparison with the Kayfun 3.1 clone. They are almost exactly the same size, but the Lemo is slightly larger in diameter. Weight wise, the Lemo is very noticably lighter than the Kayfun.
View attachment 15281 View attachment 15287

And just to highlight the airflow difference, here is the Lemo (right) and Kayfun (left, with default drip tip). Even though you can replace the drip tip on the Kayfun, the Lemo definitely has better airflow.
View attachment 15288

Now that I've been vaping on it exclusively for a couple of hours I can honestly say, this is the best vape I've personally had so far. The airflow is superb, and even though I am (was) mostly a mouth-to-lung vaper, I find myself taking wonderful lung hits almost exclusively on this.

Vapor production is crazy - even with my modest little 1.5Ohm coil. I've had zero dry hits and I've taken it up to 18W on the iStick (although I prefer it at around 14W).

Flavour is also quite fantastic (even compared to the Kayfun, on which I get lovely flavour). One thing I like about this RTA (which some reviewers have called a "negative") is the long chimney which tends to cool down the vape somewhat - I prefer the cooler vape.

Looking at the pictures you might also notice (or not) the quality of the build. Everything feels perfect and solid (threading is also perfect). Maintenance on this is going to be a pleasure since everything comes apart - this really reminds me alot of the mPT3.

And the fact that this has a glass tank is the main reason I've been looking to get one. I prefer a seethrough tank and the fact that some liquids crack plastic tanks has always had me hesitant to just drop something in the Kayfun. With this that worry is completly gone :)

So in summary:

Pros:
Exceptional build quality (looks very nice)
Large tank capacity
Glass tank
Excelent airflow (and vapor production)
Very good flavour
Easy (and familiar) to build on
It's very very light (compared to the Kayfun)
Can be made completely tool-less (using the provided silicone plugs)
Great packaging
Does not leak (so far)
It's not a clone

Cons:
Filling requires a syringe or needle tip bottle (there's no top filling method)
Airflow control inside (but I personally don't change it frequently)

All in all, I'd give this a solid 9/10 (and if you consider the price it really is almost a 10/10) :)

This device (just like the iStick) definitely lives up to the hype, and I hope this gives others a decent idea of what to expect. I will definitely look into getting the "Drop" (smaller) version as well.

Vape on :rock:

Outstanding review @free3dom !!

Thanks for the awesome review man. Definitely sounds like a Kayfun contender and since I am a big kayfun/russian fanboy, I thinks me will be needing to get one of these puppies

I dropped my hana mod with the lemo RTA last week and it landed square in the mouth tip of the lemo and didnt even get a scratch on it. I won mine at the last vape meet and i havent used my kayfun since. It is by far the best RTA on the market in my opinion.

Now we need your review on the Lemo Drop, @free3dom;)! You say here it has improved flavour with a smaller tank.

In regards to the flavour, it's only what I've heard...I will definitely look into getting one and adding a comparison review :)

Initially I thought that it might be nice to have the smaller tank as part of the normal Lemo, but the size on it is great - I'm used to the Kayfun anyways and the fact that the lemo is similar in size but lighter really works for me.

I think that having a smaller one as a separate device is definitely a better idea, and I will try and get my hands on one ASAP ;)

I dropped my hana mod with the lemo RTA last week and it landed square in the mouth tip of the lemo and didnt even get a scratch on it. I won mine at the last vape meet and i havent used my kayfun since. It is by far the best RTA on the market in my opinion.

That must have been a very anxious moment while it was falling (slow motion) through the air ;)

I'm very happy for you that it didn't get damaged - the sadness would have been unbareable :)

And I agree, all things considered (esp price vs quality vs vape) it's defininitely the best RTA available :nod:

In regards to the flavour, it's only what I've heard...I will definitely look into getting one and adding a comparison review :)

Initially I thought that it might be nice to have the smaller tank as part of the normal Lemo, but the size on it is great - I'm used to the Kayfun anyways and the fact that the lemo is similar in size but lighter really works for me.

I think that having a smaller one as a separate device is definitely a better idea, and I will try and get my hands on one ASAP ;)
Is the Lemo and Lemo Drop the same diameter? Would be a nice fit on the iStick if the Drop had a slightly smaller diameter :)

Is the Lemo and Lemo Drop the same diameter? Would be a nice fit on the iStick if the Drop had a slightly smaller diameter :)

From what I gather, yes they are the same diameter - basically they took the Lemo and shortened the chimney (some reviewers didn't like the tall chimney) and shrunk down the tank to fit the new size chimney. Other than that it is exactly the same device.

I do think that it would be a better fit for the iStick with the slightly reduced height. That said, the standard is so light that, unlike the Kayfun, it is much less top heavy on the iStick (which is actually quite stable even with the Kayfun on top).

Finally got my hands on a Eleaf Lemo RTA (courtesy of eCiggies) after about a month of wanting it (which feels like a year in "vape gear desire" time) :dance:

So I will post a lot of pictures and describe my initial thoughts of this most awesome tank (as promised @Andre and @VandaL).

Spoiler: I absolutely love it! I have finally found my favourite atomizer (for this week anyways) ;)

I will do this in two posts, just to make it more managable - my thoughts on the device will be at the end of the second post.

Without further delay, a look at what comes in the box (very impressive indeed)
View attachment 15246

And here she is in all here glory...
View attachment 15247

Disassembled (because what kind of vaper doesn't immediately take appart a new gadget)
View attachment 15248 View attachment 15251

It comes with a coil installed - even though IMHO it sucks, it's still nice that they did it...with some mystery cotton wick - which I promptly disposed of o_O
View attachment 15249

Bottom view with the cap removed - this is where you adjust airflow (little ring around the screw in the center) and also where you fill it (the phillips head screw) - more on these later
View attachment 15250

For the sake of interest, the included coil had a resistance of 1.1 Ohm
View attachment 15252

First I just wicked the included coil with some of my own organic cotton, and...
View attachment 15253

..well to be honest it was not great.

Luckily this was easily remedied by building my own (proper) coil :)

To be continued...
Love the perfect spacing on that coil of yours!!

Back