Evic VT Heads-up

And the hype train just got derailed.

Any evic users can confirm the same is happening with them?

If i read correctly it is only a problem when below 30watts.

I never go below 45 so no issue

Sent from my Note 4

Good to know thanx, I havent gone back to wattage mode since I got temp mods....

What a pity. Device has the looks though :)

So in temp mode it works 110%?

2 days in using the stock nickel coil I haven't noticed anything, you cant fire lower than 30w in temp mode so you wouldn't see this.

I suspect this is a software glitch intented for temp mode but being implemented in watt mode. I noticed that there is little or no ramp up time on the nickel build on the evic. With the Ehpro A5 I my first vape is low and then I get decent vape from the 2nd vape onward. I think this spike aims to deal with that.

2 days in using the stock nickel coil I haven't noticed anything, you cant fire lower than 30w in temp mode so you wouldn't see this.

I suspect this is a software glitch intented for temp mode but being implemented in watt mode. I noticed that there is little or no ramp up time on the nickel build on the evic. With the Ehpro A5 I my first vape is low and then I get decent vape from the 2nd vape onward. I think this spike aims to deal with that.

So in general the evic is still worth it? Or would the cheaper ehpro actually be better?

I'm so glad I resisted boarding the hype train, I've heard that the eVic VT will be shipping with a new "chip"/firmware from July the 10th

So in general the evic is still worth it? Or would the cheaper ehpro actually be better?

R220 between the two. I need a week or two to say. I havent had to charge my evic yet, vaped 5 ml on it using the mega. I cant say honestly one way or another.

First day I had it at 22W and did not notice anything. Build Ni and it is working perfectly with the Subtank 280c 40W with a 0.08 ohm 10 wrap 26 gauge coil.
Love it

Haven't noticed the issue in VW Mode yet. Vaping my subtank between 20-28W at the moment.

No issue in temp control either.

Have also used my derringer in VW at 20-45W

nmIiR8i.jpg

Been using her in WV mode for the past couple of hours and she performs flawlessly. No "jump to 30w" as claimed by Phill. Tried wattage's from 10w to 40w with no issues. Did it in this manner to try and replicate the problem :

Unscrewing the atty every time I changed watts - then screw back on and fire.
Turn off and on - then fire.

No issues here.

EDIT :

Just to clarify

From my understanding of Phill's review, He indicates that the device fires at 30w and then moves down to the set wattage. (This happens internally and not on screen, in other words the numbered watts on screen stays at say 10W where the mod internally fires 30w and then moves down to 10w)

From what I can taste, the vape is obviously very weak at 10w. No "jump" (as in internal and not on the display) to 30w and then going down, just feels like a very weak vape to me at 10w.

Last edited:
@baksteen8168 there is no software for the eVic VT, so no way to upgrade either. To check your firmware version click the fire button 20 times.

Back