Evic VTC :: USB gone bonkers

marzbars

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I have an Evic VTC

Very happy compared to my wife who has a paintchipping kangertech topbox nano

Bought the device in March and used it on and off for a while, started using it again yesterday after I decided it's time to ditch the smelly analogues again.

Put it on charge using the supplied cable and it would not charge, used my Samsung cable and it charged no issue, walked passed the mod and saw it was plugged in but not charging.

Removed it and had a few puffs, all sorted, no issues, battery still on half.

I put it back on charge last night and this morning when I got up, no issue device said it was full.

I had a few puffs while waiting for the bus and saw at a stage that the battery is at about 20%.

Had another few puffs during the course of the morning and noticed that the battery was suddenly 100% without charging it again, but that fell to 0% not to long after.

Plugged it into my Samsung charger and again it stopped charging halfway through.

Thinking it could be firmware related, I tried to reinstall the new "flappy bird/logo" firmware I installed a week or so back, but the USB device could not be picked up by Windows. Device Manager has the following error message

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

The Firmware update app obviously does not pick up the existing firmware making it impossible to reflash

Weird enough it is charging now [touch wood]

BUT!!

It goes bonkers, as soon as I take it off charge it shoots back up to 75W
At times I will fire it but get nothing in return, only to see on the screen that it is running through the logo and flappy games menu's recursively. Once I exit the extras menu by holding fire and right button for a few seconds, it's back to normal and back at 75W.

I will swop out the battery with the one in the paintchipTech Topbox tonight since my wife is not using it and see if the problem is battery related.

Anyone else have any similar issues?
The device has NEVER been dropped. 3 months old and I bought it from a reputable dealer.
Do these things come with a warranty?

To add to the madness
The keys were just locked, by pressing and holding the left key a message popped up saying Keys Locked, that actually enabled the fire button again but now I am unable to unlock the keys

I think I know the cause now, the right button is "pressing itself" that is why it is going into the game menu and running through.
I was sitting here at my desk, watching the little screen and saw it running up to 75W.

Looks like a dodgy device.
I hope they have some warranty. Only done 428 puffs with it so far

If you can - open it up and clean the area around the button.

Perhaps its gotten some juice into it somehow and the button now sticks in the 'on' position?

EDIT: snap! @therazia

Back