Experimenting with Cotton Rayon hybrid wick

blujeenz

Loafing since 2013
LV

Awards
For those of you that still peel the skin layers off your cotton squares like KohGen Do etc, heres a little something to utilise those otherwise discarded skins.
Recently intrigued by Lung Candy's new Cotton Candy offering, I decided to wrap the cotton skin around a rayon core.
I have to say that it wicks like a champ and judging by the heat it can take, its most definitely in the kitchen.
I ran some Ozomahtli at 45J and 262 deg C and it still tasted pleasant, that is about 10J and 30 degrees beyond what I usually use with the current 1 ohm coil.

A pinch of rayon laid on the cotton skin and rolled up like a sugar sprinkled lettuce leaf. :)
layout.JPG

Threaded through a spaced SS coil, my seam was uppermost but I dont think its too important.
threaded.JPG

An end view of the rayon core with cotton skin.
endview.JPG

Three quick chain hits and a large air bubble pops up like a balloon escaping from a small kid on a windy day. :balloon:
I can only conclude from my experiments that Cotton Candy must be the bomb of wicks and worth the money.

Last edited:
Interesting concept.

I crossed into the Rayon wicking about 2.5 years ago. But I soon learned that CelluCotton does not work for my big coil long lung hits while the KGD has always worked very well for them. So I have reservations that this product would either.

Back