EZ Mixer/Frother?

cool thanks bro, that was my first prize - building a DIY stirrer, but that seems like a huge amount of effort to build. I will look however to see if I can do what he describes.

Cool man!

I will also be embarking on this journey next week. One can make a pretty simple one, but If you want it to last you are probably going to have to spend a hour or so on it. I will reply when I have my list of items that you will need to make this. Think this could be an interesting project.

Cool man!

I will also be embarking on this journey next week. One can make a pretty simple one, but If you want it to last you are probably going to have to spend a hour or so on it. I will reply when I have my list of items that you will need to make this. Think this could be an interesting project.

I can't find the thread by your mate @SHiBBY can you please post link here - me begz you :)

Also good luck with your build bro...

Apologies man. He didn't document it. It was basically just a "a cool check this lets do it" moment.

Yeah I will next week :) and I am also a noob DYI-er. I only got my stuff on Wednesday :)

I was struggling a while as well. but here you go :

Top right next to your profile picture then go to personal details mate :)

I was struggling a while as well. but here you go :

Top right next to your profile picture then go to personal details mate :)
lol bro, I was looking at that page for days not seeing the part where I can change it - it's so lol man. It was like that time I asked how to upload photo's. I have some really doff moments sometimes. Thanks for the help man *sharp*

A friend of mine took one of those cheap R30 frothers used a dremmel to cut it just after the 90 degree bend works like a charm and it is small enough to mix and stir in a 30ml bottle

Apologies man. He didn't document it. It was basically just a "a cool check this lets do it" moment.

@Johanvdmrw come to my place then we'll go to Yebo together, get the shit and document the process properly. I used the fan from my biltong maker so I need a new one anyway :D Also want to build myself a stirrer for my new DIY juice. Just get some stirrer bars from your peeps. I need to bother you for an Erlenmeyer flask as well, Dischem don't sell those. But maybe a bit bigger one.

@Johanvdmrw come to my place then we'll go to Yebo together, get the shit and document the process properly. I used the fan from my biltong maker so I need a new one anyway :D Also want to build myself a stirrer for my new DIY juice. Just get some stirrer bars from your peeps. I need to bother you for an Erlenmeyer flask as well, Dischem don't sell those. But maybe a bit bigger one.
I was sad I had dumped all my old PCs because I have been looking for a fan, didn't think about that biltong maker!!!!

I was sad I had dumped all my old PCs because I have been looking for a fan, didn't think about that biltong maker!!!!

i too have a biltong maker just sitting in my garage hasn't been used in years. However I don't have a problem with fans - i got tons of em. I'm just waiting for a nice guide on how to do it.

i too have a biltong maker just sitting in my garage hasn't been used in years. However I don't have a problem with fans - i got tons of em. I'm just waiting for a nice guide on how to do it.
I got some magnets delivered from Takealot today, going to glue two onto the fan, and a laminated one into my mix, and pray for the best! I don't think they are strong enough, but will have to wait and see!

I got some magnets delivered from Takealot today, going to glue two onto the fan, and a laminated one into my mix, and pray for the best! I don't think they are strong enough, but will have to wait and see!
good luck bro - didnt know takealot sold magnets hey :) thanks for the heads up.

good luck bro - didnt know takealot sold magnets hey :) thanks for the heads up.

Was hoping these would be completely covered in plastic but they're not (and not strong at all).

http://www.takealot.com/parrot-20mm-circle-magnets-pack-of-6/PLID28125395

These are a bit stronger, but not coated at all, pretty sure they would put something in my juice that would kill me, hence the need to laminate/cover them!

http://www.takealot.com/dala-round-magnets-4-5mm-10-pieces/PLID32841611

But they won't be a substitute for a proper stirring bar, but for R20 it was worth a try :rolleyes:

Was hoping these would be completely covered in plastic but they're not (and not strong at all).

http://www.takealot.com/parrot-20mm-circle-magnets-pack-of-6/PLID28125395

These are a bit stronger, but not coated at all, pretty sure they would put something in my juice that would kill me, hence the need to laminate/cover them!

http://www.takealot.com/dala-round-magnets-4-5mm-10-pieces/PLID32841611

But they won't be a substitute for a proper stirring bar, but for R20 it was worth a try :rolleyes:

No dude, those are Strontium magnets. You don't want that for your stirrer. What you need is Neodymium, the shiny type you get in PC HDD's. Those you can buy at electronics outlets like Communica. They don't have to be huge either, in fact if your stirrer bar is a half decent size you can probably get away with mounting a steel bar on the fan instead, thus not affecting it's built in magnetic field. But I'll post a how-to when we build the next one. I've got some vids on it working which I'll post too.

No dude, those are Strontium magnets. You don't want that for your stirrer. What you need is Neodymium, the shiny type you get in PC HDD's. Those you can buy at electronics outlets like Communica. They don't have to be huge either, in fact if your stirrer bar is a half decent size you can probably get away with mounting a steel bar on the fan instead, thus not affecting it's built in magnetic field. But I'll post a how-to when we build the next one. I've got some vids on it working which I'll post too.
*Runs to PC Graveyard*

Back