Status
Not open for further replies.

zadiac

Sub Ohm & Flavor Junkie
Staff member
VIP
LV

Awards
I bought Samsung 40T batts from Boss Vape last year. Been using them since then, but today I noticed something I never did before (yes, I should've noticed it way sooner). The one battery is not the same as the other. I'm worried about them being fake.

This is the negative of the one battery.
2krDyS0.jpg

This is the negative of the other battery I bought with the first one.
NREOkIx.jpg

Notice the ring on the negative of the second battery? I don't think the two batteries should differ that much. Thoughts?

Yes, if you scroll down there is mention of the bottom ring being a venting ring and most likely rewrapped batteries....

I bought Samsung 40T batts from Boss Vape last year. Been using them since then, but today I noticed something I never did before (yes, I should've noticed it way sooner). The one battery is not the same as the other. I'm worried about them being fake.

This is the negative of the one battery.
2krDyS0.jpg

This is the negative of the other battery I bought with the first one.
NREOkIx.jpg

Notice the ring on the negative of the second battery? I don't think the two batteries should differ that much. Thoughts?

"I can't spot any difference whatsoever in the positive end, other than the dented cap (possibly from being compressed). The negative end has this ring that the genuine cell does not have, and the fake is a fraction of a millimeter taller." -

"I can't spot any difference whatsoever in the positive end, other than the dented cap (possibly from being compressed). The negative end has this ring that the genuine cell does not have, and the fake is a fraction of a millimeter taller." -

Thank you sir. Appreciate it.

Sent Imraan an email about it. I don't want a refund or anything. Just want to warn him to check his suppliers.

Yes, if you scroll down there is mention of the bottom ring being a venting ring and most likely rewrapped batteries....

Thank you. My apologies for earlier. I didn't read the whole thread.

Same one @Dela Rey Steyn hooked you up with (the one I posted previously)... happy hunting, I am sure Imraan will appreciate the heads up and might even rectify it for you

Already told him he doesn't have to rectify it. I've been using them so long now and no problems with either battery. So no worries. I'll just be more careful next time.

I've been using @Bossvape for ages hey and I haven't encountered problems with him, just check with him first and see what he says.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back