Flavourless e-liquid

Chickenstrip

All these flavours and you choose to be salty
LV

Awards
I'm going to start this on the premise that I use MTL (very restricted DL) only.

I ran into a dry spell around a week ago. Luckily I had organised some salt nic for a friend a few weeks prior. So I borrowed 10ml of saltnic 100mg from him. Not wanting to be a burden, I didn't ask for any flavouring. I figured I'd just pick up some lemon essence from PNP. But they had no stock.

So I diluted 10ml into 30ml for a 33mg vape which is the norm for me. And started vaping essentially 90% VG 10% PG 33mg/ml flavourless e-liquid.

Now for a day prior to fetching the nic I was vaping just pure VG. So ultimately I was missing the nicotine and wasn't much bothered by the flavour. I have been vaping for 4 days on a flavourless nicotine only liquid and I'm a bit surprised that it's actually far more palatable that I expected.

It got me thinking... The biggest unknown for is vapers are the various and impossible to measure flavours. The three constants are PG VG and Nicotine.

So with that knowledge, I thought "I've read of people who vape without flavours" based on either not enjoying flavours and or not wanting to inhale flavours for health reasons.

But how common is this practise really? I imagine not very popular with DL. But at this stage I'm considering just sticking to flavourless from a health perspective. It really doesn't take more than a few days to adjust to lack of flavour. It almost feels like now I'm vaping strictly for the nicotine and not the enjoyment of vaping.

So what I'm trying to work out is...

How many people actually don't use flavourings in their e-liquid?

Hi @Chickenstrip - I am not sure around these quarters, but when I frequented ECF a lot more than I do now - especially the Reosmods section, there were plenty folk there that vaped flavourless.

I have tried it on a few occasions and although the VG can sometimes be slightly sweet, to me its boring - I doubt I could vape flavourless permanently.

Something one could do is add a few drops of a commercial juice you like to a flavourless base mix. There will be a slight flavour coming through - enough to tantalise the taste buds - but its so minor that I doubt there would be much health disadvantage - even if vaping flavours was bad.

I have tried that on occasion and it does work quite nicely.
The other bonus with extremely diluted flavour is that coil and wick life is increased a lot

Hi @Chickenstrip - I am not sure around these quarters, but when I frequented ECF a lot more than I do now - especially the Reosmods section, there were plenty folk there that vaped flavourless.

I have tried it on a few occasions and although the VG can sometimes be slightly sweet, to me its boring - I doubt I could vape flavourless permanently.

Something one could do is add a few drops of a commercial juice you like to a flavourless base mix. There will be a slight flavour coming through - enough to tantalise the taste buds - but its so minor that I doubt there would be much health disadvantage - even if vaping flavours was bad.

I have tried that on occasion and it does work quite nicely.
The other bonus with extremely diluted flavour is that coil and wick life is increased a lot

That's just it. For MTL it seems doable. Definitely wouldn't want to try it at DL level. My issue is that I vape 3ml per day and of that 3ml, 1ml is flavouring. At 30% flavour I think cutting out 365ml of flavouring per year could only be beneficial.

I'll admit it's not nearly as enjoyable as vaping with flavours but I can see myself cutting down significantly since I'd be vaping for nicotine rather than for the enjoyment of the flavours.

That's just it. For MTL it seems doable. Definitely wouldn't want to try it at DL level. My issue is that I vape 3ml per day and of that 3ml, 1ml is flavouring. At 30% flavour I think cutting out 365ml of flavouring per year could only be beneficial.

I'll admit it's not nearly as enjoyable as vaping with flavours but I can see myself cutting down significantly since I'd be vaping for nicotine rather than for the enjoyment of the flavours.

I hear you @Chickenstrip
If its not enjoyable, try adding a teeny tiny bit of flavour and I am sure you will pick it up after a while of vaping flavourless.
Dont forget menthol - that is compulsory!

I've vaped flavourless for years, nowadays 50/50 pg vg in a pod. With a new pod I put a couple of drops of flavoured liquid in as they can have a bit of a strange flavour. I get 100mg salt nic and dilute it down to 50.

DL flavourless is enjoyable. I do it alot, but not everday.

Back