From a Nautilus mini to what now?

korn1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Not sure how to say this but I like a simple device like mine above so what upgrade options do you guys recommend? (simple buy a coil and liquid). Maybe I am doing it wrong :p Other options are umm intimidating for me like building etc .

*Not sure if in right topic thread

#Noob

Building is actually really easy and will save you money in the long run. Coils are imported, therefore dependent on Rand/Dollar exchange rate and can get quite expensive. As far as your question, people seem to like the Evic mini and Kangertech Subox. Sure someone will be along with better advice though

Building is actually really easy and will save you money in the long run. Coils are imported, therefore dependent on Rand/Dollar exchange rate and can get quite expensive. As far as your question, people seem to like the Evic mini and Kangertech Subox. Sure someone will be along with better advice though

Ahhh yes I am in sales and forgot about that bit Do'h :oops: Just I am scared of trying because most the stuff I try fails(that is me but I will try tr try...eve when it fails try try try-then chuck a dog a cross the room and blame them) :p But I will try but where do I start? That is ummm scary for me. For example buy the stuff then have no idea how to do it etc o_O Sorry if I sound dumb but I still don't get all the lingo .

Well, basically all building supplies are imported too, but a coil can last much longer than commercial coils if you just change out the cotton. I use Dischem cotton pads, R13 for 80 sheets. I see you are in Jhb, I'm sure someone will offer to show you the basics. Really great forum this.

Not sure how to say this but I like a simple device like mine above so what upgrade options do you guys recommend? (simple buy a coil and liquid). Maybe I am doing it wrong :p Other options are umm intimidating for me like building etc .

*Not sure if in right topic thread

#Noob
I was in the same shoes as you are. Upgraded from a nauti to subtank mini. Awesome and very simple device. If you want to you use the occ coils. If youre feeling adventurous you can try the rba base.

Just watch a bunch of youtube tutorials and you will be ready to go. Subtank mini is a great tank for you because you can buy coils for it and it comes with a rebuildable coil base.

I had the subox kit and it was great to start with. The subtank used in this kit is fantastic, has great flavour and vape production.
As stated you can get standard coils or you can use the rba deck that comes with it. So while you are learning you don't need to fret if things don't work as you can just pop in a normal coil.

Once you do get the hang of building your own coils however, I don't think you will go back to the pre-made ones as the flavour is a lot better in the rba.

As for the mod, I highly recommend looking at the evic vtc mini. Comes with more features and more power. So it is a good future proof unit. I sadly didn't like the ego tank that comes with this kit. So my recommendation would be an evic vtc mini mod and a subtank.

As for learning how to build your own coils, you can ask around on the forum and someone will very likely offer to teach you. Or you can pop in to one of the stores near you.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I would also highly recommend the Evic VTC mini. It's a great mod and it's upgradable. The ego one mega which comes with it also has the CLR option which means you can rebuild it when you feel confident enough to do so, or you can just buy coils.

If you are a mouth to lunger, I would say get the evic kit and try the ego tank that comes with it, standard 1 ohm coils, to see if you like it. If you are lung hitting, subox kit without a doubt. As a mouth to lunger vaping away at 13watts, I cannot get to grips with the subtank. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong though :D

I am looking at the Kangertech Subox Mini Starter Kit. A good buy? Also can I build and use coils (if so what coils)? Sorry for the questions but I need to know :)

I am looking at the Kangertech Subox Mini Starter Kit. A good buy? Also can I build and use coils (if so what coils)? Sorry for the questions but I need to know :)
The subox comes with the RBA (Rebuildable section) with this you can build your own coils using kanthal or you can buy kangertech OCC coils.

OCC = Factory coils, like your Nautilus Mini's
RBA = Rebuildable Atomizer (Rebuildable deck for tank among other descriptions)
RTA = Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
RDA = Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
BF = Bottom Fed Atomizer, i.e. Squonking :)

Hope that helps with the lingo a bit

Let us know how it goes @korn1

Hope you enjoy It! I like my little subtank and enjoy building your coils. If I can do it I promise you will be fine with it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Need to save up now :p But yeah thanks guys

yes, what marius said - bellcap.
for me it does create a better seal.
so if you are worried that your tank might have a slight leak, get a bell capp - it will never leak, also it will never break.
i have seen subtanks with bellcaps fall 1.5M, and they just keep going, like it was build to drop.

PS. @Rob Fisher / @Silver
see im posting, but like i said, what i want to say has already been said hahahahahah

Actually excited to try and build a coil now :D

:dance:

Thank you Vape King

:HEHEHEH:

Lets see if I can get the pic in the correct side this time.

Attachments

• Vape1.jpg
    Vape1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 27
Quick question, can I charge (in the device) the efest 18650 3000 mAh 3.7 Li-Mn battery with a samsung charger?

Back