Game Changer homogenizer

I'll do this, I have one. Have a couple of dessert juices made last year so just need to whip up a new batch and test. One doesn't add the nicotine until after homogenizing so any bubbles introduced are not really an issue. You also heat the VG up slightly so adding nic in the beginning isn't a good idea.
Thanks Leisl! It would be really nice to have a proper comparison done so one can figure if the cost would be worth it.

I'll do this, I have one. Have a couple of dessert juices made last year so just need to whip up a new batch and test. One doesn't add the nicotine until after homogenizing so any bubbles introduced are not really an issue. You also heat the VG up slightly so adding nic in the beginning isn't a good idea.

You're a star ... Thanks LeislB :) ... I have visions of another video being posted :campeon:

We can either debate this ad infinitum and fall into the trap of analysis paralysis, or ... {drum roll| ...

One of the DIY experts on this forum "takes one for the team", and physically tests a couple of small batches in a back to back test ;)
Done. After the 5 days. It will still get much better with time.
Like I said it's.not a.miracle.cure for steeping

I'm not one for videos but will definitely report back!

I just tried something ...
I poured a mix of roughly 50% PG, 50% VG, and about a ml of green food colouring into a beaker and blended it.
I pressed the stick blender firmly against the base of the beaker and ran it for just on one minute, and we seem to have a perfectly homogenized mixture, (by virtue of the even colour), with minimal aeration ...

NB: This was room temperature VG and PG too!

IMG_20210114_121014.jpg IMG_20210114_121042.jpg IMG_20210114_121131.jpg

I just tried something ...
I poured a mix of roughly 50% PG, 50% VG, and about a ml of green food colouring into a beaker and blended it.
I pressed the stick blender firmly against the base of the beaker and ran it for just on one minute, and we seem to have a perfectly homogenized mixture, (by virtue of the even colour), with minimal aeration ...

NB: This was room temperature VG and PG too!

View attachment 219303 View attachment 219304 View attachment 219305
You will achieve similar results using a DIY mix. The mixer will mix the ingredients to a confirmatory mix. Fruits will be fine deserts would still have to sleep in.

You will achieve similar results using a DIY mix. The mixer will mix the ingredients to a confirmatory mix. Fruits will be fine deserts would still have to sleep in.

So the first test, in my opinion, is a success :aplastao:... the kitchen blender mixes it all perfectly, in fact so much so, that I would go so far as to say toss the Nic in and blend that at the same time, as there is minimal aeration.

Be that as it may ... The second test should be a back to back, and include flavouring and Nic ... and ... a comparison made on the steeping requirements, (if any?), to which I eagerly await Leisl's results :)

Hi all.

So I mixed a Frosteez remix which requires a 4 week steep. I had a pre-made bottle which I made on the 28/09/2020. The fresh one I made last night and homogenized it. As you can see, the juice is properly mixed and milky in appearance, side by side shot:
IMG-20210113-WA0074.jpeg
This morning I added the nic. You can see from the Pic today that the steeped juice has a far richer colour:
IMG_20210114_143825.jpg
I put a fresh set of Lazy panda Nano aliens in my Asgard mini and did a side by side comparison. First I vaped the steeped mix, it's perfectly balanced with nice nutty notes. Next I vaped the homogenized fresh juice. While it is lovely and imminently vapeable it is missing some of the notes of the steeped version, especially the nuts, they are there just not as prominent. My guess is that the homogenizer does decrease the steeping time required. I will store them both in a dark cupboard and check again in a weeks time.

Thanks so much Leisl :) ... I await the results with baited breath, as your initial results certainly sound promising :ura:
I'm intrigued that your juice went milky on mixing tho' :wondering:

Thanks so much Leisl :) ... I await the results with baited breath, as your initial results certainly sound promising :ura:
I'm intrigued that your juice went milky on mixing tho' :wondering:
It mixes the living daylights out of the juice!

I just dripped the steeped one again and it's tasting more similar to the homogenized one. I think the homogenized one is ever so slightly less refined. This being said, changing the waiting process from 4 weeks to a couple of days is a real win, especially for dessert mixes.
Hopefully I'll remember to take photos daily to report back :facepalm:

It mixes the living daylights out of the juice!

I just dripped the steeped one again and it's tasting more similar to the homogenized one. I think the homogenized one is ever so slightly less refined. This being said, changing the waiting process from 4 weeks to a couple of days is a real win, especially for dessert mixes.
Hopefully I'll remember to take photos daily to report back :facepalm:

Them food blenders mix the @#$% out of the juice, (I forgot to mention that I did my mixing on low speed, and with the blender goochibang/thingamambob resting on the bottom of the beaker ... I did this only because of a previous experience with vegetable soup, where I successfully redecorated the walls in my kitchen with erm .... "organic paint")
I am really excited about this, as I really believe this is a cheap(er) solution to DIY blending :aplastao:

Them food blenders mix the @#$% out of the juice, (I forgot to mention that I did my mixing on low speed, and with the blender goochibang/thingamambob resting on the bottom of the beaker ... I did this only because of a previous experience with vegetable soup, where I successfully redecorated the walls in my kitchen with erm .... "organic paint")
I am really excited about this, as I really believe this is a cheap(er) solution to DIY blending :aplastao:
;)

I have a confession, I think the bottle I made it in had a fruit juice in it before and I'm tasting residual fruitiness. I think I will have to repeat the experiment, SIGH!

I guess it depends on what fruit was in there before, as you may have invented a new flavour ;)

This may be a blessing in disguise though, as when I did the test blending, I placed the blender squarely on the base of the beaker, and ran in on low speed, (low is still flippen hectic BTW), and I had waaaaaaaaay less aeration than you ... so much so, that I even suggested adding the Nic into the blending operation as well ... so try that this time around and see if you get the same results, (unless our blenders are that vastly different from one another?)

I transferred the juice into a virgin bottle and the traces of litchi have disappeared and what's left is a perfect milky frosted Flakes vape. Success!

Still quite a colour difference. Put the fresh batch in a clear bottle for easier comparison:

IMG_20210120_090855.jpg

Back