Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
The time has come to fire up my Goon 24

Got it a while back from Lung Candy but haven't had a chance. It was coiled and wicked by @Maxxis with a very nice coil that ohms out at 0.21

Am vaping a new juice for me too. SNLV - 6mg.

I don't know what to expect. This is very exciting.

Lubed up and ready to go.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1492279821.201014.jpg

Will report my findings here as I go. I hope I enjoy it :)

Got it a while back from Lung Candy but haven't had a chance. It was coiled and wicked by @Maxxis with a very nice coil that ohms out at 0.21

View attachment 91734

Looking forward to your thoughts

View attachment 91734

Ill admit, I have a 22mm black in my cupboard since they arrived in S.A commercially. I literally just pulled out the build I got on the day that I received it to revive it again. If my Goon has seen more than 20 puffs ill be shocked, just skipped the train with it and forgot about it.

Feels to me like a black wood inlay Paddy Vapes mech would work wonders for it.

Enjoy @Silver

Oh my hat!

This is something quite new for me

The vape is BIG. Its loads of volume! Golly!

Have it on the minikin V1.5

40 Watts - very tame and cool
50 Watts - interesting
60 Watts - yeah baby
75 Watts - oh my word

I've dripped about four or five times - just experimenting with the power and the airflow
Am finding about 60 Watts with two of the three airflow holes open seems to be a good place.
Medium length toots

Flavour is very good.

I have the same juice loaded in my Reo/OL16 with 0.5 ohm twin 28g coils.

The comparison is very interesting. This Goon has great flavour indeed. More "base", less "treble" and wetter. Sweeter. Not as crisp. Its quite raw but its delicious in a different way.

Very smooth. Warmish vape. But lots of it! Getting strange looks from HRH because the kitchen is getting very foggy. Hehe

And yet, despite the smoothness, I can feel the nic loading up. These big air devices give me a cumulative nic build up despite the smooth vape. After 15 minutes or so I am backing off.

Wow, what an experience. I doubt I could do this all day for workhorse vaping but for the occasional blast this is super!

image.jpg

Oh yes.
I love my Goon. It's my daily, I e tried going back to the tsunami, or karma, but alas, there's just no comparison.

Really glad you enjoy it, hope you enjoy it more often.

Oh, my Goon has me down to 2mg nic. Can't get enough flavour, but I can get enough nic

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Oh yes.
I love my Goon. It's my daily, I e tried going back to the tsunami, or karma, but alas, there's just no comparison.

Really glad you enjoy it, hope you enjoy it more often.

Oh, my Goon has me down to 2mg nic. Can't get enough flavour, but I can get enough nic

Thanks @GerritVisagie !
I hear you on the nic ;-)

My pretty, ready for the ball

Okay, tapatalk refuses to post pictures.
Will share when I figure out the issue

There is something about the way a Goon delivers flavour. To me its somehow more earthy. As such, I have not found a better atomiser of any kind for tobaccos than my Goon 22 - its like an RM2 on steroids (lots of steroids)...lol. Got some Berties Vapbucco Sweet Nuts in there right now... Just awesome

There is something about the way a Goon delivers flavour. To me its somehow more earthy. As such, I have not found a better atomiser of any kind for tobaccos than my Goon 22 - its like an RM2 on steroids (lots of steroids)...lol. Got some Berties Vapbucco Sweet Nuts in there right now... Just awesome

Agree with you on the "earthy" part @Tai !
Its got an "earthy rawness" no doubt. Lol regarding the RM2 on steroids. Hehe

I prefer my tobaccoes at high nic and in MTL mode. But will make a note to try the Goon with a tobacco and see how it goes. Thanks

@Silver :clap2:
So glad you tried the Goon. If you like the Goon then imagine the flavor a CSMNT will release onto those olfactories.
I still stand by the fact that nothing beats a great RDA when it comes to flavor.
It is just a matter of convenience that refrains one from using it but i don't mind dripping so a win win for me.
:thumbup:

@Silver :clap2:
So glad you tried the Goon. If you like the Goon then imagine the flavor a CSMNT will release onto those olfactories.
I still stand by the fact that nothing beats a great RDA when it comes to flavor.
It is just a matter of convenience that refrains one from using it but i don't mind dripping so a win win for me.
:thumbup:

Thanks @KZOR
I will say that i thought of you when i got the Goon.
Especially that earlier video where you did a shootout of several RDAs and the Goon came out on top
So thanks for that. I am very chuffed. Please dont tempt me with other gear just yet (CSMNT)
Am now just happy to be part of the Goon fraternity!

Incidentally, two questions if I may:

1) what is your "goto" setup on the Goon coil wise and airhole setting and power wise. I know its juice and taste dependent but am keen to hear. I cant make these fancy exotic coils yet but i have several wires and can make "normal" coils.

2) when I drip, is it okay to just drip say 12 drops through the drip tip or should I remove the cap and "paint" the wicks? It feels like there might be a difference between the two methods but i am not sure. If i drip through the driptip should i be angling the device so the juice drops go on one side? What do you do?

To answer your questions ......
1) ATM i only use SS claptons : 28x2 wrapped with either a 34 or 32ga. Have yet to order flatwire but very happy with simple claptons of either SS or Nich80.
I either close off a single airflow hole or one-and-a-half.

2) Depends on your juice well, wick and coil diameter. I use a 3mm diameter and my wick also never covers the whole bottom are like some guys prefer to do it. I like to keep a fair amount of space open under my coils for airflow. I don't work with drops. :) I squirt till where i know my build likes it. :)
You don'y have to angle it ........ gravity will make sure the juice finds the bottom where the wicks are waiting to suck them up.

Last edited:
@Silver u will b amazed at how well all kinds of builds perform in the goon. Simple to complex. I've got a flatwire build in there now about 10 wraps 21g ni and the flavour and vapour is power power. And yes painting the coil is great but I'm not gonna sit and do that every 2 minutes I drip 12 drops straight down it really seems to evenly distribute the juice and doesn't leak from overflow. Always will b an amazing dripper this. One of the hall of fame members. Looks a bit untidy in the pic but works a treat.
IMG_2439.JPG

Thanks @KZOR and @Scouse45
Much appreciated
That helps

Looking forward to trying out some of my lower nic juices on the Goon!

The five pics detail how i like to do it.

1) SS claptons :)
2) Positioned to align with screws ends
3) Coils are then positioned in the middle of the airholes internally so air comes in from just below and directly on the coils as well
4) Fluff the ends of the wick
5) Tuck in to leave sufficient space for airflow

DSC_0120.JPG DSC_0124.JPG DSC_0125.JPG DSC_0126.JPG DSC_0127.JPG

Thanks @KZOR - those pics are very good

I looked at mine carefully

My coils are higher than the airflow holes when the cap is put on
So i guess my air is coming in from underneath
I wonder what that does to the flavour?

If I may chip in here gents.
The airflow holes when the cap is on, sits on top of the juice well walls.
So the height Kzor has his coils at, I completely agree with.
What I've found to work best, is to have half the airflow hitting the coil, and the other half going under the coils.
Raising them, so all the airflow goes underneath and then around the coils to the middle doest buy or rob you of flavour, but dropping them down too low actually does rob you of a little flavour.

I'm so glad someone finally started a Goon thread. I'm home now! Thanx Silver

The five pics detail how i like to do it.

1) SS claptons :)
2) Positioned to align with screws ends
3) Coils are then positioned in the middle of the airholes internally so air comes in from just below and directly on the coils as well
4) Fluff the ends of the wick
5) Tuck in to leave sufficient space for airflow

View attachment 91759 View attachment 91760 View attachment 91761 View attachment 91762 View attachment 91763

I used fused nichrome claptons on all my goon 24s. 2x24g wrapped with 38g. Airflow i use all three open 4/5 of the way. The wicking in the above pics is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my hat!

This is something quite new for me

The vape is BIG. Its loads of volume! Golly!

Have it on the minikin V1.5

40 Watts - very tame and cool
50 Watts - interesting
60 Watts - yeah baby
75 Watts - oh my word

I've dripped about four or five times - just experimenting with the power and the airflow
Am finding about 60 Watts with two of the three airflow holes open seems to be a good place.
Medium length toots

Flavour is very good.

I have the same juice loaded in my Reo/OL16 with 0.5 ohm twin 28g coils.

The comparison is very interesting. This Goon has great flavour indeed. More "base", less "treble" and wetter. Sweeter. Not as crisp. Its quite raw but its delicious in a different way.

Very smooth. Warmish vape. But lots of it! Getting strange looks from HRH because the kitchen is getting very foggy. Hehe

And yet, despite the smoothness, I can feel the nic loading up. These big air devices give me a cumulative nic build up despite the smooth vape. After 15 minutes or so I am backing off.

Wow, what an experience. I doubt I could do this all day for workhorse vaping but for the occasional blast this is super!

View attachment 91738

Great write up @Silver on your first experiences with the Goon 24.

I have the Goon LP instead. When I use it I put it on my Minikin V1.5 as well. I like it well enough, has plenty of air for my DLH's, but the design/looseness of the cap/chuff is leaky from condensed vapor. Overall I like the CSMNT a little better.

GoonLP1s.jpg
csmnt8.jpg

Back