Graphics Card Repair

MarkK

Custom Mod Builder
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hey hey forum!

I would just like to know if any one has managed to get cooling fans on a graphics card replaced?
I have an Nvidia N560 OC 1gb but both of the fans have decided to stop spinning...

Board over heats and turns off after about 5 mins of run time and this is no good... already crying that my other monitor is gone!

Image for refrence:
gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti-1gb-256-bit-gv-n560oc-1gi-videocard-image-2.jpg

Most probably just dust buildup in the bushing; remove the Gigabyte labels, underneath you will see a small rubber plug, remove. Some are held in place by a circlip and others with small o-ring, remove. Clean fan spindle and inside brass bush with contact cleaner, re-lube after wiping off excess contact cleaner fluid. Re-assemble and they should be working again.

Most probably just dust buildup in the bushing; remove the Gigabyte labels, underneath you will see a small rubber plug, remove. Some are held in place by a circlip and others with small o-ring, remove. Clean fan spindle and inside brass bush with contact cleaner, re-lube after wiping off excess contact cleaner fluid. Re-assemble and they should be working again.
Sir you are a legend!

I will try and have a look quick and let you know! Thanks so much :)

@johan it looks like they don't intend for this to be opened from the top, removed the sticker and its just a mark on the plastic from the injection moulding of the part :/

@johan i removed the fan and the sticker on the bottom says DC Brushless fan

@MarkK let me know if that doesn't work, I have an aftermarket cooler that will fit. Also make sure your fan header plug has not come loose, it's odd that both fans have stopped working.

@johan it looks like they don't intend for this to be opened from the top, removed the sticker and its just a mark on the plastic from the injection moulding of the part :/

All fans I had to deal with were able to open up, try to pull the fan off - just don't force too hard. It must be able to come off.

Woww that sounds like things cracking lol

lol yea i stopped ;D it sounds like they do not want to come apart lol
I will have to figure this out gently :D

lol yea i stopped ;D it sounds like they do not want to come apart lol
I will have to figure this out gently :D

If they don't turn freely when you spin with your finger, its definitely dust between fan spindle and bushing that formed a carbonized "glue" type layer - you can soak them for a couple of hours in something like a mix of 30% Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) and 70% distilled water, best will be in an ultrasonic cleaner. Don't think the time spend is worth it, just buy new cooling fans.

Get some electrical cleaner spray and spray it out. Otherwise new fans or cooling system

sent from my telegraph machine using Tapalalk stop

Back