Group Buy: Sx350 / 35w Module

johan

VIP
LV

Awards
Last edited:
@johan - are we going to go ahead with this ? or should we give it more time ?

Had some private emails communiques with @JakesSA and the manufacturer. We suggest it would be better to buy through his (JakesSA) up and coming store as the manufacturer do not want to deliver to my Chinese office ( its a Chinese policy thing), sure he will announce more info within a couple of days. Just copy posting above and add your name plus quantity required.

Had some private emails communiques with @JakesSA and the manufacturer. We suggest it would be better to buy through his (JakesSA) up and coming store as the manufacturer do not want to deliver to my Chinese office ( its a Chinese policy thing), sure he will announce more info within a couple of days. Just copy posting above and add your name plus quantity required.

Will the price stay the same? i.e $55?

We are running dummy orders today to get the process clear and the last of the stock items are arriving tomorrow. All things being equal the shop will go live Thursday evening.

Just need to clear this with forum admins though as the shop is not yet endorsed here?

Surely the point of a group buy is not to use an online shopping interface?
Why do we have to wait for the shop to go live? Currently there is a demand for 8 x SX350 modules. We know they cost $55 from Yihi, so you only need to find out what the shipping will be so we can split that between us.

Surely the point of a group buy is not to use an online shopping interface?
Why do we have to wait for the shop to go live? Currently there is a demand for 8 x SX350 modules. We know they cost $55 from Yihi, so you only need to find out what the shipping will be so we can split that between us.

Dealing with the Chinese is a very "finicky" thing. The price of $55 is for a minimum quantity of 50 units per order and they are willing to keep their price at lower sample quantities - Chinese want to deal with businesses and not individuals - hope that answers your question.

Dealing with the Chinese is a very "finicky" thing. The price of $55 is for a minimum quantity of 50 units per order and they are willing to keep their price at lower sample quantities - Chinese want to deal with businesses and not individuals - hope that answers your question.

That still doesn't tell me why we have to use the "new"online shop to get the SX350, unless @JakesSA already has stock?

BECAUSE THE CHINESE MANUFACTURER DOESN'T DEAL WITH PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS

*sigh*

You are missing the point. Why call it a group buy if we have to order it through an on-line shop?

Thanks but I'm out of this so called group buy.

Basically, we need to show the China suppliers we have a legit vape shop business - ie. we need a website to show them. JakeSA agreed that we can use his website for the reason

*sigh*

You are missing the point. Why call it a group buy if we have to order it through an on-line shop?

It was originally a group buy until the manufacturer came back with minimum quantities and wanted to to know with which company they are dealing with. A lot of private emails between the manufacturer, JakesSA and myself were done to get their willingness to supply less than 50 units at $55. I am not trying to be nasty.

*sigh*

Ok let me give it a shot.

Jakes will offer a non profit group buy to those interested because the manufacturer does not want to deal with a private individual. He has a business so can buy.

This has been done before I think a group buy on batteries was done through skyblue on this forum.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

seems to be the way to do it - and at $55, it's currently a bargain for this chip - if they are willing

Umm .. I think its more a matter of convenience..
I have offered to manage the group buy at the cost as disseminated earlier. So the shop manages collection of monies and payment to supplier, arranges shipping from supplier and for customs clearance and then breaks up the order and ships to the participants. Sort of what the shop is geared towards doing anyway.
All costs will be clearly published to participants including supplier invoices, shipping fees, customs invoices etc.
Of course this can be done by anyone really ..

Why use the group buy format at all? It will split the shipping cost and I know of a few members in this forum who may also be interested in buying this chip. They in turn then provide additional testing and practical feedback for the implementation into the Rhino. Win win .. or so I thought ..

I forgot to mention, the fact that Johan was able to secure a sample order option at $55 (keep in mind this is ex shipping and customs) is rather awesome in itself.
The company that makes this chip does not usually deal with individuals and at this price the order would have to be 50 or a 100 (can't remember which) units.

Back