HazeWorks - Juice Reviews

Im sure if you high nic vapers asked nicely us juice makers could make you a custom mix ;)
Well played sir!

giphy.gif

I really wish all these juice makers would start to cater for us throat hit guys. Not everyone is into big clouds and high watts. I guess when people get tired of burning through juice and money, that sanity will prevail.
It took me 2 years to come full circle. Went from 18mg all the way down to 6 and 3mg and now I'm happily back at 12mg for a while on 1ohm setups. I do drip 6mg juice in the evenings sometimes just to make clouds but that novelty is wearing off to.
At 3mg my juice consumption just freaked me out and at 0.2ohms I wasn't getting a satisfying hit.

It took me 2 years to come full circle. Went from 18mg all the way down to 6 and 3mg and now I'm happily back at 12mg for a while on 1ohm setups. I do drip 6mg juice in the evenings sometimes just to make clouds but that novelty is wearing off to.
At 3mg my juice consumption just freaked me out and at 0.2ohms I wasn't getting a satisfying hit.
Don't lie ... you even vaped 36MG VG once :-D

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    327.9 KB · Views: 32
Several posts above have been moved here to the "Hazeworks - Juice Reviews" thread
Thanks for the headsup @Andre

Guys, please try keep your comments in the reviews threads on topic
It makes it difficult for readers trying to get a feeling for the reviews of a particular manufacturer if they have to go through loads of off-topic posts

Don't see a problem it being here in this section, as is being Ejuice Reviews? There's more than one person doing this so.

Hi @Vapordude - we have tried very hard over the years to keep all the reviews for each juice manufacturer in their own thread. This way, the reader can click on a particular thread and see all the reviews for that manufacturer instead of having to look all over the place.

Check out the first post in the E-liquid Reviews section:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/please-post-your-reviews-in-the-relevant-juice-manufacturer-thread.t4648/

I must say I had a completely different experience this juice than you. When I had it I got strawberry ice cream as per the description and it was fantastic. Did you try the juice on different setups at least?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this: Do you perhaps not feel that adding a description for ideal setup in the website blurb would be a great service towards customers? I tthink it will save a lot of time for mixologists. Not having to run around on forums to help with setup all the time. Must get tedious.

I really wish all these juice makers would start to cater for us throat hit guys. Not everyone is into big clouds and high watts. I guess when people get tired of burning through juice and money, that sanity will prevail.
I dont like throat hit but I also prefer running sane setups. Burning through juice and money got to me really quickly. I really hope I wont suck at DIY. Because most juices I like end up being too pricey for words. I paid 360 buck for a single bottle once. LOVED it. But as a treat.

Way I see it if I can tweak my vaping to maximum efficiency I can actually vape imports. All the time. Not knocking locals at all just that my favorites tend to be out of stock very often so I cant rely on them.

Thought I would do another review :)

Hazeworks Sunset 0mg

Vaped on an Ego One CT with 1 Ohm CLR coils at 15W

Website Blurb

Sunset will awaken a sense of holiday and intrigue, as you sit at a corner café somewhere in the world, while the sun gently wanes, and a cool breeze caresses your skin. Notes of sweet juicy pineapple fill your mouth before the refreshing exhale lingers.

Review

So I've been going through the Hazeworks range thanks to the availability of a taster pack of 10 ml bottles. I've liked most of the range but from previous experience I realized I wasn't a menthol/mint guy. I thus left this for last knowing that once you vape a menthol it stays in that coil forever. I didn't really enjoy the last menthol vapes I tried because I found the menthol very overpowering. It was with some trepidation that I gave this a try not expecting to enjoy it. So take in the first draw, mouth to lung, exhale and... Wow, I didn't realize I could be so wrong. Lovely tropical taste, awesome pineapple and a cool exhale which wasn't overpowering at all. This is not a complex vape so there isn't a whole ton to say about it other than "now I get it!" when some of the others rave about fruity menthols. I will so definitely buy this again and if anyone out there isn't a menthol fan this vape can still be enjoyed with the coolness sensation not overpowering or killing the fruit but rather enhancing it.

Similar to: An ice-cold pineapple juice
Avoid if: You hate the Caribbean

Nom is rating for me is 5 - Super Nom

This is my first juice review, I’m giving it a shot but please bear in mind I am no flavour expert and these are just my personal experiences and other possibilites such as dud bottles or weather conditions or whatever could alter a juice should be taken into account.

After 8

Website description: Indulge your senses with a perfect after dinner vape (or anytime actually). After 8 is a blended chocolate eliquid, with a cool chocolate inhale and creamy minty exhale.

60VG/40PG
Nic: 6mg

Tank: Joyetech Cubis
Coil: 0.5ohm (rated 15-30w)
Mod: Eleaf iStick 40W
Wattage: 20-25w

Personal impression: This flavour lived up to it’s name. I really love After Eight chocolate mints and the taste to me was the namesake chocolate mint in a vape. I don’t always find flavours to be as rich on the inhale as it is on the exhale, but this was an exception. On the inhale I found it to be the perfect balance of mint and chocolate, and on the exhale it felt a bit more minty which leaves a cool and fresh after-taste. This is a definite winner.

As great as this flavour is, it is definitely not an ADV for me, but as the website says it is a perfect after dinner or for a vaping session. I think if you like After Eight chocs you would most likely enjoy this.

Scream

Website description: Ultra creamy vanilla ice cream topped with fresh strawberry, wrapped in a wafer cone.

70VG/30PG

Tank: Aspire Cleito
Coil: 0.4ohm (rated 40-60w)
Mod: Evic VTC Mini 75w
Wattage: 42-50w

Personal impression: The strawberry is undoubtedly present, but in a subtle way, and it is accompanied by a nice but mild flavouring which I assume is the vanilla ice cream and wafer cone as per description. I cannot specifically taste the vanilla or wafer cone but the combination of the two work perfectly with the strawberry.

I really like how the combination comes together, and I find that the subtleness of the strawberry helps to avoid an overpowering taste that you can easily tire of. This great balance makes it a great ADV and has worked great with chain vaping.

Custard Cloud

Website description: Fly off on a magic carpet ride to custard heaven. You won’t be able to get enough of this juice with a rich creamy vanilla inhale and sweet custard exhale. Paired with a good cup of coffee, notes of french vanilla careen from this vape.

60VG/40PG

Tanks, coils and mods: I have tried it on various setups which included Kanger Subox Mini with 0.5ohm coil, iJust 2 with 0.5ohm coil, Sapor RDA with many different builds on Evic VTC Mini 75w mod, Billow V2 on Evic VTC Mini with 0.3ohm build.

Personal impression: Frankly I couldn’t make head or tail of the flavours. I found it to be very strong and the flavour was defi nitely not to my liking.

I have seen good reviews for this, so it could be a dud bottle, or just a flavour I don’t enjoy, but I will give another try at some point.

Cumulus

Website description: Toasted marshmallow splashed with a blend of creams, a dash of brown sugar and nom. This is a smooth full-bodied vape, with layers of toasty flavours that emerge at different wattages. Its sweet and creamy flavour will take you back to those late nights around the campfire.

70VG/30PG

Tank: Smok TFV4 Mini
Coil: TF – S6 (rated 30-100w)
Mod: Joyetech Cuboid 150W (software not updated)
Wattage: 45-65W

Personal impression: I cannot break down each flavour as in the description, but they all come together beautifully. I think it’s the type of flavour that won’t really offend anyone, and it works great on the TFV4.

It’s an ADV in my books. I have found this flavour neutral enough to mix with other liquids. Has worked well with coffees and nutty flavours. I have also tried it briefly on the Cubis tank and the flavour was just as amazing.

Thought I would do another review :)

Hazeworks Sunset 0mg

Vaped on an Ego One CT with 1 Ohm CLR coils at 15W

Website Blurb

Sunset will awaken a sense of holiday and intrigue, as you sit at a corner café somewhere in the world, while the sun gently wanes, and a cool breeze caresses your skin. Notes of sweet juicy pineapple fill your mouth before the refreshing exhale lingers.

Review

So I've been going through the Hazeworks range thanks to the availability of a taster pack of 10 ml bottles. I've liked most of the range but from previous experience I realized I wasn't a menthol/mint guy. I thus left this for last knowing that once you vape a menthol it stays in that coil forever. I didn't really enjoy the last menthol vapes I tried because I found the menthol very overpowering. It was with some trepidation that I gave this a try not expecting to enjoy it. So take in the first draw, mouth to lung, exhale and... Wow, I didn't realize I could be so wrong. Lovely tropical taste, awesome pineapple and a cool exhale which wasn't overpowering at all. This is not a complex vape so there isn't a whole ton to say about it other than "now I get it!" when some of the others rave about fruity menthols. I will so definitely buy this again and if anyone out there isn't a menthol fan this vape can still be enjoyed with the coolness sensation not overpowering or killing the fruit but rather enhancing it.

Similar to: An ice-cold pineapple juice
Avoid if: You hate the Caribbean

Nom is rating for me is 5 - Super Nom
Glad to see I am not the only flavour chaser vaping at 0mg, we are but a few :)

I have sunset in 3mg on my vtc mini with Cubis tank and I love it. The menthol notes were not prominent for me at 15-30w but it does finish with a cooling menthol type effect.

Based on the success of that I shall be buying more hazeworks asap.

@M5000 Nice review on the HazeWorks full line up. I was looking to get me some Cumulus - after your review I know it's a vape I'll enjoy. Not many marshmallow vapes out there to choose from.

Hi all

My first review of a Hazeworks juice. For those who don't know, Hazeworks is a long-standing local juice company based in Durban, run by @MarkDBN. He is a great guy and has lots of passion for the craft. His Scream juice won joint first place in the 2016 ECIGSSA Juice Awards. Hazeworks will be exhibiting at VapeCon 2016 in August. Am looking forward to catching up again with Mark there.

The juice I have reviewed is called "Sunset". I can't remember exactly where I got this bottle but I think I bought it from Sir Vape at the JHB Vape Meet earlier this year. I paid R150 and got the highest strength available - 6mg. I don't normally vape that low but thought I would give this a try. It is a 60% VG juice. Been vaping it for about the last 3 weeks in several devices...

Hazeworks - SUNSET (6mg)

Bottom line - a tasty mildly flavoured pineapple with some refreshing coolness. I liked this juice for its soft and smooth texture and the tastiness of the pineapple. Lovely vape indeed. I would love to try it again in a higher nic strength if it were available.

Hazeworks Sunset 640 by 480 - IMG_1075.jpg

The juice is clear and smells like pineapple.

On the vape I get a mild sweetish pineapple with a refreshing coolness. The pineapple is sweetish, not sour. There is something slightly "candy-ish" about the pineapple taste but in a good way, thankfully. The flavour reminds me quite a lot of those Pine Nut cooldrinks. (I liked those.) It's a very tasty pineapple flavour and makes me want to vape it more and more. The coolness is there but not a lot of it. Just gentle. Overall, the flavours are quite mild.

The juice is on the slightly sweetish side but not too sweet at all. It is medium on the dry/wet scale. Without doubt this is a coolish vape, not warm. Pleased to report that it tastes natural to me.

Throat hit was low but not as low as I would have thought for a 6mg 60% VG juice. I suspect it may have a bit of Koolada in it giving the coolness because I am quite sensitive to Koolada and could feel a slight irritation on my throat occasionally. Not bad at all for me - it was very mild. But I picked it up. Perhaps that enhanced the throat hit slightly ;-) Vapour production was good.

A major standout feature for me was the delightful texture. It has a "fluffy" soft and smooth "sherberty" texture which I think works very well for this juice. It's very soft and smooth. Gives it a premium feel.

The texture and the mild flavour make it a mellow relaxing vape. Definite all day potential but for me personally, I seek a stronger throat hit. I did find myself chain vaping on several occasions to get more of the tastiness.

The aftertaste is pleasant. A mild pineapple taste and a refreshing coolness that remains for a while. Nice.

The juice vaped well in my equipment. I tried it in one MTL setup (Reo/RM2) and two lung hit setups (Rolo/Crius and Reo/Nuppin). For this juice I preferred it in direct lung hit mode.
  • Mouth to lung (Reo/RM2) - great flavour and a deeper pineapple taste
  • Lung hit on Crius - this was lovely. Definitely better than MTL. More volume. Pine Nut drink memories came through. It has a lighter flavour and higher notes on the pineapple. But less throat hit for me.
  • Lung hit on the Nuppin2 - superb flavour - better than the above two. Ultra smooth and low throat hit. On this the pineapple is so tasty you want to eat it.
Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed vaping this juice. I wanted more throat hit given it was only 6mg. But putting that aside, it's a great flavour. Not too complex but very tasty. I did find myself wanting it to have stronger flavour at times - which led to chain vaping to get more ;-)

If you like pineapple and you are looking for something mildly flavoured, you should give this a try. It's a lovely mellow and relaxing pineapple vape. Super.

Packaging:
  • Good packaging in my opinion. Clear plastic bottle with a lovely thin nozzle - makes it easy to use and fill any device.
  • The labelling is good. It has the PG/VG ratio and the nic strength.
  • It has a "child deterrent" cap
Equipment used:
  • REO Grand/RM2 - 0.7 ohm single coil - Rayon wick - (20 to 25 Watts, depending on battery level)
  • Rolo/Crius V3 - dual kanthal coils - 0.5 ohms - Rayon wick - (around 25 Watts)
  • Reo/Nuppin2 - dual NI80 coils - 0.3 ohms - Rayon wick - (46 to 59 Watts, depending on battery level)

Last edited:
Busy now with some Jay Vapes - On the Beach, kind of similar to Sunset but much more pineapple and less koolada feel. I kinda like it but like the Hazework more. People of vapeowave had just run out of 30ml on Sunset 30ml and recommended this one instead.

@MarkDBN did a fantastic job with sunset. I love this flavor, it's a perfect summers day flavor. The koolada gives it a nice coolness and isn't too strong. The pineapple is exactly like how @Silver described it. It's sweet (not too sweet) and not sour or bland tasting.

Back