Heads up!!

Stolen for sure. Postnet may inspect and then refuse to transport dangerous goods and then return them to the sender but confiscation can only be done by a law enforcement agency or someone duly authorised to do so. Postnet being neither proves the obvious. I would at least make a fuss about it at their franchise headquarters. The lying SOB you spoke to knew very well that it got nabbed and conveniently having those pictures? Sounds very convenient...

Just saying...

Regards

Thanks Raindance, indeed i did make a fuss and i was honest about what it was and what i intended to use it for. Thereafter i proceeded to ask him to do some laser work for me, as they also offer that service, it was on a mod of mine, when i gave it to him he probably thought i had some nerve handing him an "illegal" item, and said this is illegal. I said, no, the selling of tobacco and tobacco related products is, and he kind of politely, keeping it all together said he did not want to debate with me. So we left it there and spoke about hunting. I'm just writing it off, but it still does not mean i agree with this ruling regarding the ban.
Anyway, thanks for all the replies and such, because it's helping me to process and accept whats happening. Law is law, but darn, some of these laws need to be changed soon. Say for instance it becomes law to get a covid 19 vaccine and i don't want to, what then, are they gonna arrest me? At some point a line will need to be drawn.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

My honest opinion, it got stolen. Nothing to do with the ban.

This has happened before to Someone I know of, same mo, empty box at destination. They courier co was informed that they could view footage of parcel drop off and pick up for 21 days before it was overridden at the shop, they never bothered. Proved package was sealed and closed at time of collection. Excuse after excuse, same courier company.

Methinks it’s time to find another courier company to send my flower bulbs to friends, once a fluke, twice I’m having my doubts. Ask them for proof of confiscation as this would have to be available to them, why confiscate and send the empty box? If it was confiscated they wouldn’t have received diddly squat on the delivery end.

Sorry to hear about the loss to you, but those with long fingers get them broken at some stage or the other.

Sorry for the loss. That items was probably stolen and sold for a quick buck or it's being used right now.
They need to give you paperwork for the confiscated items and if they can't produce they should take responsibility.
It got stolen or went missing in their care.

Sorry for the loss. That items was probably stolen and sold for a quick buck or it's being used right now.
They need to give you paperwork for the confiscated items and if they can't produce they should take responsibility.
It got stolen or went missing in their care.
I would also lodge a query so someone else in a higher position can respond.

Make a scene on their Facebook page. Give them a negative online review. Send an email to their headoffice. Explain the situation and name the people who you know we're involved. You should be sure to tell them that your brother in law shipped it to you to help quick cigarettes. Tell them how they said it was illegal goods and told you it was confiscated as well as showed you an empty box photo.

They have the right idea in Saudi, cut the stronger hand off and if that doesn't teach the thieving w**ker and they steal again off comes the remaining hand!

Back