Heartfelt on Fire?

Jengz

Hier Kom a ding!
LV

Awards
1C5274F8-6BED-4400-887F-3752DCD0F311.jpeg
Heartfelt arena up in smoke! And us vapors thought we clouded up the place! Heeeeeectic

Any one got any news on this Fire at Heartfelt , seems real but waiting on someone that stays near there to confirmIMG_6448.JPGIMG_6449.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging from all the pictures I've seen it's real enough!

We've tried to make contact but obviously if this is the case then they have quite a lot on their hands already.

Really sad, the staff of Heartfelt are amazing people, and it is awful to think that they're currently going through this.

News on Facebook is that the fire is contained and no word yet of any serious injury. But its still very early.

Black smoke almost always guaranteed rubber, oil or chemicals. I spend 3 years training as a junior fire fighter and we did a demo with oil in a large pan - black smoke.

Not quiet thou, I’m in the Fire Business.

While it is true that flammable liquids produce black smoke, so does any petroleum-based product. The color of the initial flame and smoke might have been important in the 1940s and 1950s when our furniture was made of cotton and wood, but most furniture today is made of nylon, polyester, and polyurethane. Even wood fires, deprived of oxygen, will produce black smoke. According to NFPA 921, Paragraph 3.6:

“Smoke color is not necessarily an indicator of what is burning. While wood smoke from a well ventilated or fuel controlled wood fire is light colored or gray, the same fuel under low-oxygen conditions, or ventilation-controlled conditions in a post-flashover fire can be quite dark or black. Black smoke can also be produced by the burning of other materials including most plastics or ignitable liquids.”

Light smoke may indicate that there are no petroleum products burning. Black smoke
indicates nothing meaningful.

http://www.atslab.com/fire/PDF/IndicatorsOfTrouble.pdf

Most of the time a hotter fire will convert its “fuel” into carbon which draws or absorbs the light surrounding it and thus appears black. If a fire is cooler then it does not draw as much carbon thus reflecting light and making it look white In general. A fire depraved of oxygen will burn blacker.

Iv seem an empty building burning and bellowing black smoke because it was sealed, there where squatters in the building but i doubt they would carry enough stuff to engulf a building in black smoke.

Last edited:
I can just imagine how fast those black curtains surrounding the inside of the arena would have caught fire..

I can just imagine how fast those black curtains surrounding the inside of the arena would have caught fire..

Exactly @Alex, Fires spread so fast and become uncontrollable in a matter of minutes. And in most cases if an area is large enough the fire will spread faster then you can control it with conventional Fire Equipment.

Thats why proper evacuation plans and proper Fire control marshalls are what saves lives not Fire equipment.

Exactly @Alex, Fires spread so fast and become uncontrollable in a matter of minutes. And in most cases if an area is large enough the fire will spread faster then you can control it with conventional Fire Equipment.

Thats why proper evacuation plans and proper Fire control marshalls are what saves lives not Fire equipment.

That's why we do a lot of evacuation drills

LATEST I COULD FIND
Tshwane Emergency Services spokesperson Johan Pieterse says they suspect the fire may have been caused by a welding machine used during construction.

"We have learned that they were busy doing construction work inside the arena for a conference and I believe something went wrong with the welding machine which may have caused the fire.”

The building was evacuated and no injuries have been reported.

"A couple of chairs inside, a table or two, curtains and noise reduction curtains are the ones that caught the fire and caused the big black ball of smoke in the air.”

Tshwane Emergency Services says it will remain on the scene to evaluate the situation.

Heartfelt Arena Roger Dyaon Road on fire. Emergency services on scene.#emergencyservices #tshwane pic.twitter.com/9YsAMYVUx0

— Seraphim Security (@SeraphimRSA) September 4, 2018

That's why we do a lot of evacuation drills

Thats is brilliant.
People seem to hate them and think we do these just to waste their time but when your safe at home with your family after a fire all you can thank is preparation and a well rehearsed and co-ordinated evacuation.

Thats is brilliant.
People seem to hate them and think we do these just to waste their time but when your safe at home with your family after a fire all you can thank is preparation and a well rehearsed and co-ordinated evacuation.

We used to do them at school too

I agree,a fire gets uncontrollable before you get a chance to even think about it,when @Derek Van Zyl and myself attempt to braai the fire normally gets out of hand and we are only able to get the meat on the grill at 12 at night,my wife knows the struggle is real!

Such a disaster.
Wishing the staff all the best for what lies ahead.

I agree,a fire gets uncontrollable before you get a chance to even think about it,when @Derek Van Zyl and myself attempt to braai the fire normally gets out of hand and we are only able to get the meat on the grill at 12 at night,my wife knows the struggle is real!

I assume that is in an attempt to first finish the bottle of brandy ;)

Back