Heather's Heavenly Vapes - Juice Reviews

Nice review Crafty!

So, Dragon's fire was rather pleasant. Tobacco is the undertone, with a very pleasant sweet overtone. Nutty, and something syrupy. Honey or maple or something like that. Unfortunately it gargled a bit in the protank, so I did not refill, but used that last 2 odd ml dripping on a 1.3 ohm setup. The high resistance was to offset the high pg conent. Very, very pleasant indeed

HHV Sludge. WOW! I really loved the taste of this one! However, the taste goes away with chain vaping :-(
I could not put it down, but had to drink a beer every few puffs to revive the taste.
As for the description... it is kind of hard. Some heavy fruits, and the best I can describe it is a taste from my gran's house. Stewed fruit, made with raisins, dried plums, and the like. So this vape hit the spot on an almost emotional level. The tobacco is heavy! not quite cigar heavy, but a lot heavier than the typical tobacco. It dark, tasteful and very rich.
So far there are 2 must have HHV juices for me. Sludge, and huntsman.
Thanks @Mathee. This one made my day yesterday and was my morning vape, but now it is finished :-(
Next is Dragons Fire. Loaded in the tank, now just waiting for the wicks to get saturated.
Sludge has been steeping since 29 August 2013. A long steeping is recommended by HHV vapers. Time for me to try it again! Thanks Crafty, well done - as always.

So, Dragon's fire was rather pleasant. Tobacco is the undertone, with a very pleasant sweet overtone. Nutty, and something syrupy. Honey or maple or something like that. Unfortunately it gargled a bit in the protank, so I did not refill, but used that last 2 odd ml dripping on a 1.3 ohm setup. The high resistance was to offset the high pg conent. Very, very pleasant indeed
Voted the best tobacco juice for 2013 by HHV vapers. Agree, very pleasant, but too sweet for me to be an adv. Thanks for the review. Legend and Dark Horse to go.

Voted the best tobacco juice for 2013 by HHV vapers. Agree, very pleasant, but too sweet for me to be an adv. Thanks for the review. Legend and Dark Horse to go.
Yip, but for now I ran out of coils. Got 5 boxes inbound from @Nightfearz my brother, bit not sure when I'm gonna see him. Will try tomorrow if he is not at work.

Yip, but for now I ran out of coils. Got 5 boxes inbound from @Nightfearz my brother, bit not sure when I'm gonna see him. Will try tomorrow if he is not at work.

Do you mean to say that you don't build your own coils ?? and you get your brother to do that for you ... really ?

Do you mean to say that you don't build your own coils ?? and you get your brother to do that for you ... really ?
Nope, he stopped vaping as well. He sold his gear, and I called dibs on the consumables. Lucky me :)

dang . lucky chap . well i am counting the days till i can get my fingers on some kit tooo..

Loving your reviews @Crafty...

Can you just remind us what equipment you are using for these tastings? Coil, Voltage etc

For these tests i use a protank 1, at 7.5 watts. Coils are the standard 2.2 ohm. Tried and trusted. Between all my toys, i always have at least one protank loaded and ready to go. I've only got one left though.
For each juice I use a brand new coil. I have plenty vodka cleaned coils ready, but don't want to risk getting false impressions of the juice.

Ok great, thanks. Nice to know that even an "Elite" vaper like you resorts to a Protank as a tried and tested device ;-)

Dark Horse... This is what cigarettes should have been.
The 1st puff reminded me me of very faint chocolate. However, there is no choc in this. it is just the effect in the mouth that is the same. this was gone by the second puff.
It has a hint of sweetness, that is not connected to the chocolate effect I was talking about. The overall taste is the best tobacco I've ever tasted in a vape. Fact. It reminds me a lot of huntsman, with lighter top notes, and not as heavy as huntsman. In other words this is now 3 bottles on my 1st order.
I just really wish i knew what was used to make Dark Horse. You guys should have seen my face when I discovered I still had enough for 1/3 of a tank. LIke a child over xmas on santa's lap! I'm leaning towards saying that this is better than Huntsman for me, and I thought nothing could beat Huntman..

how long does the shipping take? gr8 reviews, making me think...

Dark Horse... This is what cigarettes should have been.
The 1st puff reminded me me of very faint chocolate. However, there is no choc in this. it is just the effect in the mouth that is the same. this was gone by the second puff.
It has a hint of sweetness, that is not connected to the chocolate effect I was talking about. The overall taste is the best tobacco I've ever tasted in a vape. Fact. It reminds me a lot of huntsman, with lighter top notes, and not as heavy as huntsman. In other words this is now 3 bottles on my 1st order.
I just really wish i knew what was used to make Dark Horse. You guys should have seen my face when I discovered I still had enough for 1/3 of a tank. LIke a child over xmas on santa's lap! I'm leaning towards saying that this is better than Huntsman for me, and I thought nothing could beat Huntman..
Thanks for the great review - you would do well as a journalist! Dark Horse is my favourite after Huntsman. It is classed as the dryest/earthiest of their tobaccos, followed by Huntsman. In between is Pirate's Booty followed by "sweeter" tobaccos like Dragon's Fire and Legend.

how long does the shipping take? gr8 reviews, making me think...
Around 18 days from shipping, Tom. And they do customs friendly without asking. I have now ordered 5 times. Waiting for my last order. Previous 4 came through without a hitch. I always order no more than 6 bottles of 30 ml each - just seems to me to be a small enough parcel not to raise suspicion - touch wood.

Nice review Crafty, i think the component in their tobacco's that make them so unique and, well, tobacco like, is the NET's. (Naturally extracted). Its difficult to decide between Dark Horse and Huntsman as a favourite, as they are both awesome in their own ways :)

Great review Crafty!

Thanks for the compliments.
I'm most likely going to get crucified for my next review. The final one.
Legend.
As always, the tobacco side of this juice was bordering on epic. It is the lighter variant of their tobaccos as used in a lot of the juices. What's behind the the tobacco is slightly sweet, and possibly also syrupy. My over all experience is that I find it boring. It is not a bad vape. Don't get me wrong. I would say it is on par with some of our better common local supplies, but in comparison to some of the other juices I've tried from HHV, I find it bland. Perhaps it is possible that some of the complexity got lost with the diluting of the liquid, but I doubt it. The others managed just fine. I wish I started with Ledgend, before my overall perception of what can be done with ejuices was altered by Dark Horse.

Legend.
As always, the tobacco side of this juice was bordering on epic. It is the lighter variant of their tobaccos as used in a lot of the juices. What's behind the the tobacco is slightly sweet, and possibly also syrupy. My over all experience is that I find it boring. It is not a bad vape. Don't get me wrong. I would say it is on par with some of our better common local supplies, but in comparison to some of the other juices I've tried from HHV, I find it bland. Perhaps it is possible that some of the complexity got lost with the diluting of the liquid, but I doubt it. The others managed just fine. I wish I started with Ledgend, before my overall perception of what can be done with ejuices was altered by Dark Horse.
Nice review Crafty. Legend is one of HHV's most loved juice. Why ? I don't know either. I'm with you on this one, i'm not a fan either, although, i believe that no matter how little or much you tamper (or dilute) with the juice, it will change, no doubt. Theres just something strange in this juice that i don't really like, but cant explain what it is.

Legend.
Legend was the juice that made HHV, but has lost some ground since. For me - too sweet and almost perfumy.

I also find some strange flavor in this one. this was previously known as gandalf and was one of the top sellers

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Having established that HHV's Huntsman is my favourite tobacco juice (having tried all their other ones and a selection of NETs from other vendors), decided to try Huntsman at different ratios of PG/VG. Have up to now vaped 80-90PG/10-20VG.

Equipment used: 3 Reo Grands with RM2s, with 28g Kanthal micro coils (1.5 mm ID) - all around 0.9 to 1.0 ohms, wicked with well torched 1 mm ekowool and freshly charged AW IMR 2000 mAh batteries. The juice bottles in the Reo were loaded with 50/50, 20/80 and 100VG, respectively. Incidentally, the Reo/RM2 was designed to also accommodate 100VG juices.

I was amazed that the flavour stayed constant over the three juices. Maybe very minutely muted in the 100VG, but too slight to really make a difference. Throat hit was just a tad more in the 50/50 compared to the other two, but again not so much that it will make a difference in practice in my opinion. Compared to the 80/20, which I normally vape, the throat hit is more than adequate for me in the three juices under discussion - and I like my throat hit. I doubt if I would be able to differentiate the juices on throat hit in a blind tasting - or on flavour for that matter. These juices have shattered my belief that PG plays the biggest role in throat hit. Me now thinks coils, resistance and power play a bigger role. Vapour production does not bother me, but for the record the higher the VG the more the clouds. In fact, the 100VG produces clouds so profusely I had trouble watching TV last night.

The 20/80 and the 100VG do wick considerably slower, which will probably irritate me in the longer run. For this reason alone, I think 50/50 shall be the ratio for my next order. Where is our Cyprian member now!

Signing off, in a nic coma from all the testing!

I have been vaping heavenly tobacco in 100%vg for the 1st time today and I believe I have found Adv number1.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Having established that HHV's Huntsman is my favourite tobacco juice (having tried all their other ones and a selection of NETs from other vendors), decided to try Huntsman at different ratios of PG/VG. Have up to now vaped 80-90PG/10-20VG.

Equipment used: 3 Reo Grands with RM2s, with 28g Kanthal micro coils (1.5 mm ID) - all around 0.9 to 1.0 ohms, wicked with well torched 1 mm ekowool and freshly charged AW IMR 2000 mAh batteries. The juice bottles in the Reo were loaded with 50/50, 20/80 and 100VG, respectively. Incidentally, the Reo/RM2 was designed to also accommodate 100VG juices.

I was amazed that the flavour stayed constant over the three juices. Maybe very minutely muted in the 100VG, but too slight to really make a difference. Throat hit was just a tad more in the 50/50 compared to the other two, but again not so much that it will make a difference in practice in my opinion. Compared to the 80/20, which I normally vape, the throat hit is more than adequate for me in the three juices under discussion - and I like my throat hit. I doubt if I would be able to differentiate the juices on throat hit in a blind tasting - or on flavour for that matter. These juices have shattered my belief that PG plays the biggest role in throat hit. Me now thinks coils, resistance and power play a bigger role. Vapour production does not bother me, but for the record the higher the VG the more the clouds. In fact, the 100VG produces clouds so profusely I had trouble watching TV last night.

The 20/80 and the 100VG do wick considerably slower, which will probably irritate me in the longer run. For this reason alone, I think 50/50 shall be the ratio for my next order. Where is our Cyprian member now!

Signing off, in a nic coma from all the testing!
Awesome findings Matthee, thanks for sharing. Coincidentally, i have done the exact same experiments, and also with HHV. I have found that my faves are with a VG ratio between 50 - 70%. 80% VG or higher tends to wick slower and with my equipment (Evod 1.8ohm), can be very frustrating. To me, as soon as the PG is higher than 50% then you loose the 'creaminess' of the VG, and the juice tastes more 'watery' and very slightly sour-ish, lol, if that makes sense.

Back