Help with Smok G Priv clock

Caseman

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi forum,
So I got a new Smok G Priv mod two days ago and love it but for some reason the clock doesn' work. I set it but it remains on the time I set in and doesn' change. Has anyone else experienced this?
I found a post to unsolder the battery on the motherboard to hard reset the device but that seems sketchy to me.
I did update the software to v1.8 and still the clock just doesn't tick.
Any help will be much appreciated. 20180328_220328.jpg

I can feel ur pain.
If the mother board has a backup power then it will maintain the system time. If the firmware doesn't allow u to change it then removing the battery is the only way.
I read that post about desoldering the battery terminals to reset the device, seems smok has spot weld the battery to the terminals. But on a button cell, spot welding is usually done to the top positive terminal only. Try slipping something under the battery to see if it breaks contact and resets the device.

Keep me posted.

Thanks plenty Faiyaz,
I actually went back to the shop and suggested the owner and I attempt the battery reset in case I mess something up. Owner advised he would do so in his own time and handed me a new mod.
Spent some time at the shop and had some coffee and tasted some juices.
Man I cannot commend the service at Vapeworx ZA in Ryneveld enough.
Knowledgeble, calm atmosphere and service I could never give a higher 10 out of 10 to.
So I think in future if anyone encounters this issue, take the mod back to the store and suggest the owner assist with the battery reset in case something goes wrong before you open the device and forfeit the warranty.

Back