Hi There.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickT

Perpetual n00b
LV

Awards
So, a month ago I put down a three quarter full pack of camel filters (which I still have), bought a Twisp, and haven't looked back since.

My original plan was to eventually put down the Twisp as well, but that all went to hell yesterday when I decided to order an iTaste 134 mini from Vapemob and take vaping more seriously.

As an absolute noob, I hope to learn loads from you guys.

First question, was ordering the 134 mini a good move and a step forward? Or was it simply a side step?

Cheers in advance.

hi NickT

welcome to the forum

the iTatste 134 is certainly an upgrade from the twisp - it is IMO, one of the sexiest MODS you can get.
what clearomizer tank are you going to use with it? or are you going the RBA (re-buildable) route?

also did you remember to get batteries and a charger for your 134?

EDIT: @Gizmo - please we need a spell checker lol

Welcome to the forum @NickT, i'm sure the more experienced vapers will be here soon to help you out with that question, i haven't had any experience with the 134mini, my one and only vaping true love is the itaste MVP hahaha :rock:

Welcome!

134 is a fantastic unit. Bulky. But nothing wrong with it at all.
Nice thing with it is you have the wattage control.

Cheers for the reply.

I ordered 2x 18500 batteries and a charger.

If I get what you're asking, then for now I'll be using the iClear X.I. Where to from there I'm not sure. I might move to rebuildables. Just have to do more research and decide.

Cheers for the reply.

I ordered 2x 18500 batteries and a charger.

If I get what you're asking, then for now I'll be using the iClear X.I. Where to from there I'm not sure. I might move to rebuildables. Just have to do more research and decide.
cool the iclear XI is a good tank. just get some spare coils :)

and yes, there is no rush to move over to RBA's take your time...

and once again congrats on quiting the stinkies

So, a month ago I put down a three quarter full pack of camel filters (which I still have), bought a Twisp, and haven't looked back since.

My original plan was to eventually put down the Twisp as well, but that all went to hell yesterday when I decided to order an iTaste 134 mini from Vapemob and take vaping more seriously.

As an absolute noob, I hope to learn loads from you guys.

First question, was ordering the 134 mini a good move and a step forward? Or was it simply a side step?

Cheers in advance.

Congratulations @NickT, I still have a three quarter pack of Winston Reds here myself, :) The 134 mini will be way better than the twisp, and is a good move. Going forward, I recommend you pay a visit to this thread http://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/reoville.67/.

So, I received my package this morning. First impression of the 134 mini, is it's so damn pretty. It really stands out, is very comfortable to hold and just generally feels right.

The iClear X.I tank seems pretty cool, although this is only tank I've ever dealt with, apart from the Twisp, so I guess it can't really comment on just how good it is.

Most of my order came through without any issue apart from one thing. They supplied the wrong spare coils. I was told they'd get back to me by the end of the day on how they were going to remedy this. So seeing as I only have one coil for the time being, I have a question or two for you kind and informative people.

1. Is this coil cleanable? I cleaned my twisp coils a few times, especially when I was going to fill up with a radically different flavor than what I just used. Google taught me to rinse it out in hot water, then dry it with a hair dryer.

2. Give or take, how many tanks are these coils good for, assuming I take reasonable care of them.

My last semi unrelated question is

How long should the initial battery charge be? Should I pop it in as soon as the charger gives me the green light, or is this one of those "charge for 16 hours" things? For reference, it's the Efest 18500 1000mAh version.

This n00b will be forever grateful for your assistance.

I'm not too sure on the coils that you mention but before I got the reo I used evod / mini protank coils . One coil lasted months on end with regular dry burns and rising in hot water and when the flavour wicks burn just replace with 1.5mm silica

I must have used about 3 or 4 coils in a year

You can clean the coil heads by giving it a rinse in warm water and then a dry burn. Dry burn would be firing the coil without liquid, only for a few seconds. This should burn the gunk off the coil and hopefully clean the silica wick somewhat. Doesnt always work but it should help.

It's difficult to estimate the life of the coil as it depends on a lot of things.

But until your spare coils arrive I would recommend the following :

1. Try stay away from dark juices, they gunk the coil up very quickly. Light or colorless juice extends the life by a lot!
2. Run the power as low as possible just enough to satisfy your cravings. The higher the power, the shorter the life span of your coils.
3. Try clean and dry burn after ever 5-10mls depending on the darkness of your liquid.

These are just guidelines to follow until your spare coils arrive.

I put my used coils in vodka overnight and then clean and dry burn. The vodka seems to help loosen the gunk.

Regarding your battery... Once the charger indicates full, remove it. Depending on your charger it can reduce the life cycle of your battery by overcharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back