How much do you spend on vape per month? (Average)

CMMACKEM

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Sorry if seb.

So how much do you spend on vape per month on average? Vape includes Mods, juice, tanks, rda...anyrhing that has to do with vaping.

I have looked at my bills and since October 2016 I spend on average R5000-R7000. Last month I spent over R10 000.

And I thought vaping was cheaper than smoking :D

For me, it varies. If I go on a concentrate binge, it could be up to R1500. But those are becoming fewer. In an 'average' month, I'd reckon it's about R250-R300. That is mostly just DIY supplies and re-stocks. I hardly ever buy gear now, and am also set for things like wire and cotton. It's taken me quite a bit of money to get to this point but it's eminently doable if you DIY everything.

I had a wonderful year so far. First three months cost me ZERO Rans, I sold a mod and some goodies, made R5000, so I told HRH I am making a provit.......then my friends.........now that is you guys, the forum members start to work on my nerves in Bumpery Bump Vape Mail, then I decide to visit my online friends after some whisky and BOOM, I saw pafast and PayPal accounts of R00 000.00. Now I made my calculations again and see a loss:risas3::risas3:. Damn I love vaping. Cheers guys. Vape on.

Sorry if seb.

So how much do you spend on vape per month on average? Vape includes Mods, juice, tanks, rda...anyrhing that has to do with vaping.

I have looked at my bills and since October 2016 I spend on average R5000-R7000. Last month I spent over R10 000.

And I thought vaping was cheaper than smoking :D
Since smokes are $10 usd a pack I justify over spending on gear ,juice ect. I would guess 60-70 bucks on average.Which probably translates to 80-100 usd in honesty.

I am spending about 700 to 1000 on average. Would love to spend more but dont want to have to sell a kidney!

Interesting thread @CMMACKEM, I found a few recipes that work for me so I mix my own stuff,reduces the monthly expense,vaping is really an expensive hobby,hardware I tend to trade when I feel like change,but for now Im set,I think.

I buy about R450 worth of DIY goods every second month,and cotton and wire every 3rd month which is about R300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should start DIY'ing. I know the intial capital is high but my brother also indicated after that you save quite a bit.

My average month, not replacing batteries or new gear. I spend R700-R1200 juice, cotton and wire basically. Gear is reserved for birthdays or special occasions. So that doesn't count.

I am spending about 700 to 1000 on average. Would love to spend more but dont want to have to sell a kidney!
Interesting thread @CMMACKEM, I found a few recipes that work for me so I mix my own stuff,reduces the monthly expense,vaping is really an expensive hobby,hardware I tend to trade when I feel like change,but for now Im set,I think.

I buy about R450 worth of DIY goods every second month,and cotton and wire every 3rd month which is about R300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My problem is the eliquid. I order imports at wholesale prices every 1.5 months which is costing me around R 6 500 an order(Juice is worth around R15k so not bad) every 1.5 months.

Last edited:
My problem is the eliquid. I order imports at wholesale prices every 1.5 months which is costing me around R 6 500 a order(Juice is worth around R15k so not bad) every 1.5 months.

wow, that's a hefty juice bill. RESPECT :DREVIL:

So @kev mac - $10 a pack of 20 smokes - ROE Today - $1 = ZAR12.89 = approximately ZAR128.90 for a pack of 20 in the USA - no wonder Big Tobacco hates vaping !!!!

My Target is to spend between R300 to R350 a month.

I've spent a lot to get to where I am and will have achieved my Target by the end of this month.

Wohooooooo

Around 750 - 1000, on DIY concentrates, enough to make juice for myself during the month and my friends, sometimes they pay me in new vape gear.
Win Win
:D

On DIY it varies since I started buying my common flavours in larger sizes. Some months I spend very little maybe just Niotine and bottles and another month I might spend R1500. I'd average this at R1000 a month to be safe.

On DIY Wire - this is where the savings get good. I buy a few spools of wire 100ft in varying guages @ $4 each (26,28,34,36,38,40 Ni80) total of $24 or R310 every 2 or 3 months. So for less than the cost of 2x 15ft spool of 2x26g\32g A1 Fused Claptons I have more than enough wire to feed my addiction.

Total average is R1100 a month which I consider to be a fair amount. Still not cheaper than smoking tho..

DISCLAIMER: I am not including Vape Mail here, that would throw those numbers clean out the window, across the yard, through the neighbours house and end up somewhere in the Karoo!

I'm too scared to put it down in writing............
Vaping is cheaper than smoking....yea thats it........

Some months I go quiet and do like 2k on juices only... But some months I go dark and do 6-7k on juices and gear... But then I go quiet again and buy the odds and ends here and there for 500 bucks. On average over a 3 month period I'd say 3500 but I do sell a few weeks after buying

I think the trick is to get over hardware addiction for most. Lets be honest.... are the latest 20 drippers REALLY all that different from Drippers we bought 5 years ago? No... it's a circle thingy.... with a hole at the top, some holes in the sides and a new paint job. You run your wire through it and the only thing that changed is now you use cotton.... instead of rayon before that, and silca before that.... and sanitary products and fish tank filter before that. Are mech mods really all that different? No it's a tube. With a new paint job. Do we really NEED all this stuff?

The real journey lies in experiencing juice that was truly well crafted by someone who really knows flavours. Unfortunately those are few and far apart these days. But I'd say that's where my vape budget goes. On avg about R800 a month given I don't vape 1L of juice a week either. Probably get away with about 200ML these days a month.

Last edited:
R800 max a month for me. But i DIY and only buy new gear when existing one breaks

me..about 700 to 800 average only for juice. i dont even want to calculate how much i have spend on gear since Jan. 2017.
what i always tell the wife "lets not go there"

I should start DIY'ing. I know the intial capital is high

Not really - IF you can pre-determine, say, three ADVs that you would be willing to vape exclusively for the first month. My three ADVs are Funfetti, Simply Cannoli and Sugar Cookies & Cream. Getting everything I need for those from scratch and from a single vendor (i.e. one cart, one delivery charge) would cost:

Scale: 140
100ml PG nic: 180
1l VG: 100
500ml PG: 50
6x30ml amber dropper bottles: 48 (I'd mix directly into the bottle and dispense from it too)
PET dropper bottle for nic, nozzles for PG and VG bottles: 14
Concentrates:
TFA Bav, Butter, Cheesecake GC, VBIC: 160
FA Cream Fresh, Vienna, Joy, Marshmallow, Nonna's Cake: 200
Cap Vanilla Custard v1, Sugar Cookie v1, NY Cheesecake: 155
FW Hazelnut: 40
Inw Biscuit: 50
Delivery: free :D
Total: 1137

That is kinda in your monthly ballpark, maybe a bit over. With those ingredients, I could make 1150ml of the three juices total, enough to vape 38ml a day for the month. But I'd have quite a bit over at the end of the month: some PG and VG, quite a bit of flavours and of course juice if I vape less than 38ml a day. So that all goes towards the next month's production, where you could add another recipe or two and their concentrates. And so you build over time.

Sure, the first couple of months are moderately high. But unless you go absolutely bazonkers and order 100 flavours or somesuch, you can keep within what you're spending on commercial. Once you have a stock of concentrates, it becomes crazy cheap. If I just used my existing concentrates and didn't need cotton or wire, a "cheapest available" purchase of 2xnic (R240), 2l VG (R80) and 1l PG (R75) would allow me to make 2300ml of 3mg nic juice. At nominal consumption of 15ml per day, that would allow me to vape for 153 days or 5 months at a total cost of R395. Monthly cost = R79. I couldn't sustain it because I'd be eating into my concentrate, wire and cotton stocks without replenishing. But if you have DIY established and you hit a period of financial strife, you can vape - literally and figuratively - on fumes.

This year, averaging @ R1800p/m, (mostly due to switching from vw mods & tanks to mech squonkers & moving from clyrolinx to TFA) content with gear , would be very happy if i could get to R400-700p/m for consumables (wick/wire/DIY/batteries)

Eish, its scary when you do the math

Back