I Must Be Going Menthol

I have never been able to stomach menthol in any form. Even when I used to smoke cigarettes. But I do enjoy a bit of peppermint lately. I have made some of my own mild peppermint DIY which is "re setting" my taste buds nicely. I think I must go against my DIY die hard approach and just try a bottle of XXX. I have heard so many people rave about it.

I have never been able to stomach menthol in any form. Even when I used to smoke cigarettes. But I do enjoy a bit of peppermint lately. I have made some of my own mild peppermint DIY which is "re setting" my taste buds nicely. I think I must go against my DIY die hard approach and just try a bottle of XXX. I have heard so many people rave about it.
Its Awesome!!! And If you dont like it... I know of someone who will gladly give it a new good home :devil::rofl:

@PsyCLown yeah the extreme ice seems high for that bruised berries but it seems like the right idea, im thinking

4% black cherry
2% lychee
1% extreme ice
.5% fuji apple
.25% swetterner

So I split the difference and made this one. It is pretty decent but I also get the bubblegum flavour which André mentioned... Any fix?

9bedbd933cd236138a4e7783c132b84c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I split the difference and made this one. It is pretty decent but I also get the bubblegum flavour which André mentioned... Any fix?

Mabe try dropping the Extreme Ice out and Upping the Polar Blast to 2.5 - 3%?

Well if you want the Kick try the Polar Blast @ 7%, thats the Recommended Single Flavor ratio? I can only imagine that would definitely give a KICK!!

So i'm a custard and cream lover. always have been since i started. and when i do go fruity its always a creamy fruit recipe.

But then something happened vapours tongue hit so i went out to get some XXX expecting the worst.

Nope, it was delicious, not too menthol not too harsh, just a perfect summer vape and i really enjoyed it. but i didn't try DIY juices like this ... until now.

I've ordered a couple of fruits and stuff to try my luck and an adv menthol juice that's similar to xxx . what im thinking is extreme ice, black cherry, lychee, fuji and some strawberry ripe. . . maybe a little sweetener to keep the fruits popping.

however this is my first time messing with this type of juice so i need some help from all you menthol heads out there. just like xxx i don't want the menthol to blow my socks off i just want a nice cool hit with that mint undertone. also if im going to make the black cherry ans strawberry ripe the main notes at what % should i be looking, i basically want it to be a nice cherry/strawberry with undertone of lychee and apple.

any ideas

Great to hear you are experimenting with menthol @Nicholas

I am not a proper DIYer yet, but i have been adding VM's menthol concentrate to various juices with good results. Have been doing so for quite some time. I like it a lot. No bubblegum or funny tastes. Just a pure menthol blast.

Am looking forward to hearing what you and the other members come up with. I love my fruity menthols!!

This is the problem I've had with most Menthols.

I want strong Menthol, but still taste a touch of fruit. The Menthol I've used in the past don't alow for anything peering through, if you push the Menthol high. It frustrated me to no end.
I can relate to that, although that is the beauty of DIY! It is still a fantastic recipe, just needs to be adjusted to my taste.
I do like bold and strong flavors though as opposed to the more subtle flavours. I want the flavour to hit me, hard. However there is still a point where it becomes too much.
@PsyCLown yeah the extreme ice seems high for that bruised berries but it seems like the right idea, im thinking

4% black cherry
2% lychee
1% extreme ice
.5% fuji apple
.25% swetterner
Why Sweetener? I'd rather add something else to try sweeten it up a bit.
Up to you though. Mix it up though and let us know how it is. If it works, post it under the menthol section.

You need to play around with the various "menthols" if I could call them that, see what you like and what you dislike.
Plain Menthol, Koolada, Extreme Ice, Polar Ice,

Strangely, I've been working on the same ideas lately. Here is what I've concocted so far. First attempt and only been steeping for two days so far but seems to be in the right direction for use as a "chopping block". Need to replace the Creme Soda with something fruity but attempting to replicate the Mint/Menthol overtones before working on the other notes. Need to leave it for a while before making further adjustments. That the hard part.
upload_2017-2-6_21-44-47.png

Lets see where this goes?

Why Sweetener? I'd rather add something else to try sweeten it up a bit.
Up to you though. Mix it up though and let us know how it is. If it works, post it under the menthol section.

It actually does not need any sweetener - was intrigued with the original bruised berry recipe. I think the addition of the litchi does the trick - no sweetener required... will see how it develops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So yeah mixed up something last night without the sweetener, only reason i put sweetener in the original idea was because i thought maybe the fruits wouldn't pop without it however i was wrong. doesn't need any sweet added.

so what i did was up the cherry to 5% and litchi to 3% and bothe the fuji and extreme at 1% and its delicious. only thing is that extreme ice definitely has a bubblegum weird taste to it however with this flavour it just tastes like a yummy cherry mint gum which is not bad. i do also get the whole cough mixture thing with black cherry but i kinda like it. also i hear a small steep gets rid of that

i definitely want to try it with VM menthol as @Silver suggested and maybe do a batch with that polar blast.

right now i just want to let it sit a bit to see if the cherry pops a bit more and check what happens to the extreme ice.

I will definitely Share it later tonight when im back Home.
The original had 0.3% Koolda instead (Massive diffs i know :rofl:)

Attachments

• KiwiLitchi V1.JPG
    KiwiLitchi V1.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 9
Back