In-car Vaping Device, Would You Be Interested?

JakesSA

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Would anyone be interested in a vaping device designed specifically for in-car use?

I spend 1 hour 20 minutes commuting to work everyday, it is a challenging and rewarding experience (read: it bores me to death) and thus I vape a lot during that time. It got me thinking that a cigarette lighter plug in device, into which a coiled electrical cord with an atomiser connector with button can be plugged, would certainly be handy?

Searching on the web I saw an article somewhere that Innokin is planning exactly this but I figure it should be a reasonably easy thing to fabricate. Plenty of power at hand etc..

Not that I want to produce these commercially, but it would be more fun to build something others find useful as well.

(And it may be possible to plug into a solar panel/electric gate battery/alarm backup battery etc should Eskom decide to go south for the winter ;) )

Very good idea, it will help with saving on battery life

Yes like the bug .. but .. but .. custom! With LCD screen and power variable to at least 30 watts! :)

So you looking for a dna30 plug and play hmmm ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes sort of, it occurs to me that the electronics would be much less expensive. The buck boost regulators for low voltage battery mods is a pricey component of the system.

I see where you are going with this...

Technically you would be able to vape at at least 1000W with the power available from a car battery.

The cigarette lighter fitting obviously can't handle that current but a cable directly from battery could :D

Can you say... vape box

13V on a 0.15ohm micro coil at 1126W pulling 86A.... yeah baby

Heh, that may vaporise a bit more than just the juice! :eek:

I was thinking to limit at +- 12v/3A .. ish ..

a Cheap adjustable voltage DC/DC converter will do the job

Back