Innokin's Svd 2.0 Comparison review

Phrozin

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Here I will give my experience so far on the Innokin SVD 2.0 after having it for two months more or less.
There are a few comments on the net that it's large and heavy(maybe so), but not longer than the svd 1.0.
Here is a few comparison pics of my svd 1.0 and 2.0 :

Lcd face:

20141125173821.jpg

Button side:

20141125173934.jpg

Top side:

20141125174007.jpg

Bottom side:

20141125174021.jpg

As you can see the SVD 1.0 is in fact longer than the SVD 2.0
Length fitted with batteries:
SVD 1.0 = 14.8cm
SVD 2.0 = 14.5cm

Top width:
SVD 1.0 = 2.2cm
SVD 2.0 = 2.4cm

What I knew before I bought it beforehand is it seems the only problem noticed is that on the Black model the end cap doesn't screw in so that it's flush with most 18650 batteries. This can be seen on P Busardo's review as well on Youtube. So the stainless is the way to go. Vapeden where I ordered mine confirmed it. I anyway wanted stainless. I have to add that button top batteries could also be a problem on the stainless like when I tried fitting a button top battery the end cap couldn't screw in flush, a small gap remained. The flat top's just fitted fine.

Regarding what I mentioned above I couldn't find any other flaw. It retails about R1200 which is considered pricey for some, but I'm very happy with it.
It fell 4 times already. Out of my bakkie to the paving. From desk to floor twice and From my hip to cement. It still function with no errors( was surprised my Nautilus mini's tank didn't break, kudos for them building a quality tank)

Something to notice that user Eagle mentioned: When locking in the wattage by holding the + and - buttons, the setting usually jumps 0.1 watts depending on + or - that was first pressed. So I counter with a 0.1 below the setting I want to lock it in the desired.

The SVD 2.0 is a huge improvement for me on sleeker design where all tubes screw in flush as well as top cap, near seamless( love the feel in my hand, nice contours).
The buttons is sturdier built and are now metal. Not even one misfire, unlike the SVD 1.0 that had a known button problem and misfires.

The SVD 2.0 can go up to 20W and the SVD 1.0 does 15W max

The fact that you get a carry case with a battery level tester is a bonus, but I was going for reliability with this one and can confirm it is really well built and will recommend it to anyone that is looking for a reliable VV/VW electronic Mod.
This one is a Tank compared to the SVD1.0 and MVP 1.0( wouldn't want my MVP fall like I did the SVD 2.0)

I close this with a pic of my electronic mods, SVD 1.0, SVD 2.0 with Nautlis mini and my Mvp1.0 with a iClear tank:
20141125174302.jpg

Here I will give my experience so far on the Innokin SVD 2.0 after having it for two months more or less.
There are a few comments on the net that it's large and heavy(maybe so), but not longer than the svd 1.0.
Here is a few comparison pics of my svd 1.0 and 2.0 :

Lcd face:

20141125173821.jpg

Button side:

20141125173934.jpg

Top side:

20141125174007.jpg

Bottom side:

20141125174021.jpg

As you can see the SVD 1.0 is in fact longer than the SVD 2.0
Length fitted with batteries:
SVD 1.0 = 14.8cm
SVD 2.0 = 14.5cm

Top width:
SVD 1.0 = 2.2cm
SVD 2.0 = 2.4cm

What I knew before I bought it beforehand is it seems the only problem noticed is that on the Black model the end cap doesn't screw in so that it's flush with most 18650 batteries. This can be seen on P Busardo's review as well on Youtube. So the stainless is the way to go. Vapeden where I ordered mine confirmed it. I anyway wanted stainless. I have to add that button top batteries could also be a problem on the stainless like when I tried fitting a button top battery the end cap couldn't screw in flush, a small gap remained. The flat top's just fitted fine.

Regarding what I mentioned above I couldn't find any other flaw. It retails about R1200 which is considered pricey for some, but I'm very happy with it.
It fell 4 times already. Out of my bakkie to the paving. From desk to floor twice and From my hip to cement. It still function with no errors( was surprised my Nautilus mini's tank didn't break, kudos for them building a quality tank)

Something to notice that user Eagle mentioned: When locking in the wattage by holding the + and - buttons, the setting usually jumps 0.1 watts depending on + or - that was first pressed. So I counter with a 0.1 below the setting I want to lock it in the desired.

The SVD 2.0 is a huge improvement for me on sleeker design where all tubes screw in flush as well as top cap, near seamless( love the feel in my hand, nice contours).
The buttons is sturdier built and are now metal. Not even one misfire, unlike the SVD 1.0 that had a known button problem and misfires.

The SVD 2.0 can go up to 20W and the SVD 1.0 does 15W max

The fact that you get a carry case with a battery level tester is a bonus, but I was going for reliability with this one and can confirm it is really well built and will recommend it to anyone that is looking for a reliable VV/VW electronic Mod.
This one is a Tank compared to the SVD1.0 and MVP 1.0( wouldn't want my MVP fall like I did the SVD 2.0)

I close this with a pic of my electronic mods, SVD 1.0, SVD 2.0 with Nautlis mini and my Mvp1.0 with a iClear tank:
20141125174302.jpg
Awesome @Phrozin ! Wonderful comparison! Thank you !

An awesome comparison and review. And the pictures tell the story. Thank you.

I have an itaste clk 1280 on my nautilus mini, so it looks weird seeing your svd with one on...so small lol

I would however like to see what the subtank mini looks like on the svd...rate it would look like a killer vapesaber!

@ Guunie, yes, the bigger top lets the Nautilus mini look like a real mini:-D . The guys at work asks me if it's a new night stick that I carry,lol.
Think the bigger tanks will go nicely with this one. Have to add that because of the smaller tank, the tanks is protected somewhat if it falls to the side protecting the glass a little. That is what I noticed with my setup. Now I only need a "Squape" clone rebuildable RTA:inlove:

Thanks all for the positive feedback, if there is any other aspect which you want to know, just ask and I will do my best and add it as well.
And another thanks goes to all the helpful members here:h:, as my signature states. I'm 77 days quitting the stinkies, never looked back. I got my Mom and her friend to quit smoking 3weeks back( they went for the Ego Evod for price) and it seems my uncle and his wife is also interested.

Last edited:
Back