Introduce Yourselves:

If you are prone to dropping devices I personally wouldn't get the nautilus as it is a tank with a lot of exposed glass. If possible I would say hold out for the AeroTank 2 as it has a stainless steel tank as well as a glass tank which are interchangeable.

i think my goal is to get the nautilus.. can i use it on the Vision spinner battery?

The Nautilus is my go to tank and is just marvellous. It fantastic vape and large 5ml tank suits me down to the ground.... however if you drop it it is going to smash as it's a pyrex tank. You can order stainless steel replacement tanks from overseas and I have done so for myself.

The Nautilus will look really silly on a spinner and even on an MVP... the battery device for a Nautilus is an SVD, a SID or a Sigelei 20W (my current favorite).

@BhavZ, would the Innokin iTaste VTR or the MVP not perhaps work for him?
Both would work for him but I don't think that the nautilus will fit in the ring of the vtr so will need to use the extension tube. However this all depends on whether he likes box mods. In essence the vtr and the SVD are one and the same, just that the SVD is telescopic so can take 350, 490 and 650 batteries where as the vtr can only take 650 batteries iirc.

Welcome @PeterHarris dig your avatar. Lol

Another question would be... do you mind the look of a box mod like the mvp
20140414_131431_zps8khlb10d.jpg

Tough as nails But some people don't like the look... I didn't at 1st but love it now

Your other option is something like an SVD as rob mentioned
20140416_133246_zpsbj04szuq.jpg

Both have their pros and cons

If you want to go slim and trim:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The Vision Spinner1 1300 mAh. Think your current batteries are 650 mah. It has variable voltage so you can up your power for more throat hit. You can buy that for R350.00 here. With that you need a USB charger at R100.00 with wall adapter at R60.00. An Ego C Twist, also at 1300 mah will also work. Available here at R289.00.
    2. The Vision Spinner2 at 1650 mAh (will last longer the version 1 but is a little bit longer) available here at R400.00. With the same charger and wall adapter as mentioned above.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that my recommendation is a Kanger Protank Mini 3, which has dual coils so will give you a super hit. Also nice and slim and will fit the Vision Spinners like a glove. Takes 1.5 ml. get it here for R180.00. Get some spare coils for you mPT3, at R30.oo for one.
    2. Another, less expensive option is the Kangertech Evod2 at R100.00 here. From all accounts the Evod 2 is a great clearomizer as well, also dual coils. Takes the same spare coils as the mPT3.
Here is a picture of the Vision Spinner1:
ezQ0o3r.jpg

Picture of the Kanger Protank Mini 3 on top of a Vision Spinner2
3904O1D.jpg

If you do not mind a little bulkier:
  1. BATTERY:
    1. The MVP is very popular and has a battery capacity of 2600 mah - so should last almost twice as long as the Vision Spinner. R760.00 here. Comes with a USB charger, but do get a wall adapter. And a clearomizer, which is not well rated in this forum. There are some other MVPs, bit more expensive, on the site linked.
  2. CLEAROMIZER:
    1. On top of that - the Kanger Aerotank. The Aerotank uses the same coils as the Protank Mini 3 or the Evod 2 mentioned above, but takes 2.5 ml. Available here at R340.00 or here at R350.00.
Here a picture with dimensions of the MVP
HKIlxrC.jpg

Many reviews and more photos of above-mentioned gear in our review section.

Last edited:
Welcome @PeterHarris and congrats on the switch to vaping!
You are onto a great thing - keep it up.

Don't worry about the perceived lower throat hit. I had that when I started on Twisp. For the first week or two it was great, then I found myself wanting more - so I was frequently doing multiple puffs to "get more"

I then got different equipment - have experimented with quite a lot of different setups. Some good, some not so good - some are better for portability while others are great for being at my desk or at home.

There is definitely an equipment and liquid combination that can give you the kind of vape you want. Don't worry, its out there. From a stonking steam train that will knock you out to a soothing relaxing flavoursome vape. It's available. Just takes time and a bit of experimentation.

I think @BhavZ hit the nail on the head when he said its very subjective. And his questions were all valid.

I really don't think there is a "perfect" vape solution. But there is a combination of devices that will suit your needs.

For now, I would suggest getting something with a bit more power - something variable voltage or variable power - and experimenting with one or two other atomisers/clearomisers so you see what works for you.

You see @PeterHarris, like i said :) Loads of people with excellent advice! Now it's up to you and your taste in equipment to follow the best option for you :D

hey guys thanks for all your help :)
i went to an agent of eciggies yesterday and bought 2 full units :) for me and the wifey.
wifey: itaste vv (ver 3.0) with a kangertech mini protank 3
i like the fact that its a bottom heated tank, down side its so small, she will have to carry spare juice with
her at all times, but a great vape - very happy at R600 and a spare coil :)

me: itaste MVP (ver 2.0) it came with a iClear 30 tank (R880)
tank is nice and big, but i would prefer getting a bottom heated tank later on, just so that i can vape untill the last bit of juice on the tank, not too keen on all the wicks. lol
but overall very happy with my box mod, i actually love the look, i call it my walki-talki

one question now - with these being dual coils - does this mean i will burn more juice, ie use more juice than i usual did per day.... i think i will , i just want to make sure

and here is a pic of my current collection.....

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 26
Lovely buy @PeterHarris
All the best
I have found the dual coils do tend to go through more liquid, especially if you run them at higher power.
But then you get the advantage of a more intense vape.

As a matter of interest, which tank do you find gives the better vape? The mPT3 or the iClear?

Awesome @PeterHarris, you are both on your way. That mPT3 is the bees knees, not many clearomizers come near to it imo. Yes, dual coils will certainly use more juice, but give better flavour, vapour and throat hit.

actually they are very close to each other, the iClear might be slightly marginally more.
but yea i prefer the iClear for the fact that it takes more juice
and i prefer the PM3 cause its a bottom heated tank....

iClear and PM3, make a baby already... hahahaha

wifey: itaste vv (ver 3.0) with a kangertech mini protank 3
me: itaste MVP (ver 2.0) it came with a iClear 30 tank (R880)

That's a pretty good starter kit there and stuff you will always use even when you upgrade later on! The only thing you should have done was get yourself a Mini Protank 3 for yourself as well!

actually they are very close to each other, the iClear might be slightly marginally more.
but yea i prefer the iClear for the fact that it takes more juice
and i prefer the PM3 cause its a bottom heated tank....

iClear and PM3, make a baby already... hahahaha

OK then you should look at the Aerotank and if you want the best of the best a Nautilus tank! The Aerotank looks very good on the MVP but the Nautilus looks too big on the MVP.

That's a pretty good starter kit there and stuff you will always use even when you upgrade later on! The only thing you should have done was get yourself a Mini Protank 3 for yourself as well!
i wanted to, but there was no stock :(, but on the plus side i found out its gona be too small for me, so i might go with the normal PT3 or...... a NAUTILUS>>>>>> ta daaaa

Welcome to the forums from me @PeterHarris. And what an amazing bunch of helpful members to advise you, that is pretty awesome.

I am thinking of getting the kangertech mini protank 3 for my use with my VTR, which I take with me when going out. I'm interested to find out how it performs compared to the iClear's. Which I find are just ok.

Once again enjoy your stay here, and look forward to hearing some of your experiences.

OK then you should look at the Aerotank and if you want the best of the best a Nautilus tank! The Aerotank looks very good on the MVP but the Nautilus looks too big on the MVP.

hmmm okay, what ill do is, ill put the nautilus on and if it doesnt look right, ill go with the aero :)

thanks for the help... you guys rock!;)

i wanted to, but there was no stock :(, but on the plus side i found out its gona be too small for me, so i might go with the normal PT3 or...... a NAUTILUS>>>>>> ta daaaa
Congrats on the new additions.

Personally I would say hold out a bit before buying the Nautilus. P Busardo did a review on the version 2 of the Aerotank and he prefers it over the Nautilus iirc.

So you may want to hold out for that then make a decision between which tank you would like as an upgrade.

Welcome to the forums from me @PeterHarris. And what an amazing bunch of helpful members to advise you, that is pretty awesome.

I am thinking of getting the kangertech mini protank 3 for my use with my VTR, which I take with me when going out. I'm interested to find out how it performs compared to the iClear's. Which I find are just ok.

Once again enjoy your stay here, and look forward to hearing some of your experiences.

i only have the iClear 30 to compare to the mPT3, and they are very close in vapour producing and throat hit, the main difference i would say is that the mPT3 is a very loose pull, compared to the tighter pull of the iClear.
but the mPT3 is tiny, my wife managed to empty that sucker out in 3 hours... but it could be cause we just got them and the flavour was so awesome haha

Imo, do not go for the normal PT3 - not good reviews on it. Much rather the Aerotank or Naulilus (also too big for me on the MVP). And yes, give yourself some time on the atomizers you have to form an opinion over time.

@Alex I have the iClear30s and the mPT3.

Flavour:
mPT3 - the flavour is more pronounced and enjoyable compared to that of the iCLear 30S, I found the iClear to be a bit muted and the coil needs a longer run in period.

Throat Hit:
mPT3 - throat hit is definitely better with the mPT3 and I hit saturation level a lot sooner than that of the iClear 30S.

Vapour:
The vapour on the iClear 30s is warmer than that of the mPT3 but doesnt produce as much vapour as that of the mPT3

Capacity:
mPT3 is a 1.5ml tank
iClear 30S is a 3ml tank

Stock Coils:
mPT3 - 1.5ohm dual coil
iCLear - 2.4ohm dual coil

Conclusion: The mPT3 gives an all round better vape and fits on any ego threaded device. When going out, I do carry an extra 10ml in the car just in case I run out during the day/night, depending on what I am going to be doing. I prefer the mPT3 to the iClear30s for everyday vaping.

@Alex I have the iClear30s and the mPT3.

Flavour:
mPT3 - the flavour is more pronounced and enjoyable compared to that of the iCLear 30S, I found the iClear to be a bit muted and the coil needs a longer run in period.

Throat Hit:
mPT3 - throat hit is definitely better with the mPT3 and I hit saturation level a lot sooner than that of the iClear 30S.

Vapour:
The vapour on the iClear 30s is warmer than that of the mPT3 but doesnt produce as much vapour as that of the mPT3

Capacity:
mPT3 is a 1.5ml tank
iClear 30S is a 3ml tank

Stock Coils:
mPT3 - 1.5ohm dual coil
iCLear - 2.4ohm dual coil

Conclusion: The mPT3 gives an all round better vape and fits on any ego threaded device. When going out, I do carry an extra 10ml in the car just in case I run out during the day/night, depending on what I am going to be doing. I prefer the mPT3 to the iClear30s for everyday vaping.
Awesome comparison, thank you, Sir.

Thanks a ton @BhavZ for that nice comparison, I'm definitely gonna try and source one now.

Much appreciated :)

Welcome @PeterHarris. Nice starter collection. Here is my current prefered vape gear, and I have a lot of options to choose from.

Currently my fav is the Kanger Aerotank, it fits and looks good on any device I fit it too. I can adjust the air flow to suit my requirements and I find the VTF is perfect, whether I am doing mouth to lung or direct to lung draw. It is bottom coil. I have now purchased a couple of Aero tank bases and fitted them to my PT3 and it has made a big diff to my vape and enjoyment of the PT3.

Next is the Nautilus, great tank, makes for a all day vape tank that I use when I am expecting to be out for a long day and refilling is not an option, but you do need to consider what you fit onto, it can look odd on some devices.

The PT3 Mini is one of my fav tanks, it produces great VTF, but the capacity is small so vape through a tank in no time at all. Then there is the new Evod 2, on par with the mPT3.

But the big trick with all these tanks is the device you put them on to, you need VV/VW to ensure you get the full potential out of the coil.

Vapeing is subjective, you need to find what suits your lifestyle and vape style.

As for complete vape satisfaction, you need to find the combination that works for you, Power supply / Tank and juice and to find this you will need to experiment a bit.

Personally, I like to have at least 2 to 3 tanks with different juices in with me, that way when my pallet and throat get used to one type of vape, meaning I am feeling something is lacking, I change out for something else, thus keeping the pallet interested all the time.

Just my Noob experience trying to add some value to a fellow Noob. So let me once again welcome you and wish you happiness on this new and very interesting journey you have started.

Who would have thought that a bad old habit, could become this much fun.

Back