Introduce Yourselves:

Hi All
Ok so i am on the path to get this known asap and i need some help. Could any one please help answering some questions.
1. I read a lot about newbies having the wrong technique is this possible and if so how can i better mine.
2. How long does the coils last. I do have two extra coils. Do i need to get some more and when do i change them.
3. I am starting with the SID and an Kangertech earo tank is this sufficient. I do understand that the tank to get is the Nautilus. Were can i get one and will it fit on the SID. Also is it avisable to rather have two setups.
4. Is there any liquids you can advise me on, i bought wacky wicks, Vanilla cream, Pina colada and bubblegum. all from Vape King. I see their are many different makes. Can i use any liquid in my vaper.
Sorry for all the questions i just feel so uninformed, but must say it is awesome stuff and the cigies now really stink to me.
Please any info would be highly appreciated.

Hey @BumbleBee! Great to see more Limpopo vapers are starting to pop in! Agree on Vapour Mountain juices. Once you get your hands on @Oupa's brew the 'convenience' of stinkies will become a non-issue

Tried to answer your question in blue below, @Nico.
1. I read a lot about newbies having the wrong technique is this possible and if so how can i better mine. With your setup it should not be a problem. Just remember to not smoke it, vape it - long, slow, soft draws/toots.
2. How long does the coils last. I do have two extra coils. Do i need to get some more and when do i change them. That depends on many factors - juice, power you vape at, quality of the coil, etc. Probably about 2 weeks - do not really know as I use my Aerotank infrequently (Reos are my all day devices) - hopefully other members can help. I clean my coils by running under hot water, put into a jar of vodka, seal the jar and let it steep for at least 24 hours. Take out run under hot water again, let it dry and use. Many will dry burn it before using as well. That means firing the coil without juice to get rid of any gunk - pulse it - firing on and off for a few seconds at a time and blow on the coil to get the gunk flying. Yes, you should definitely get more coils so you can have them in rotation between cleaning.
3. I am starting with the SID and an Kangertech earo tank is this sufficient. I do understand that the tank to get is the Nautilus. Were can i get one and will it fit on the SID. Also is it avisable to rather have two setups. That is a great setup. Your biggest threat is if your SID breaks - then you are stuck. Maybe a good idea to maybe get one of the Vision Spinners II as a backup, or even a Vamo V5. Always good to have more than one tank so you can alternate juices to prevent your taste buds from getting bored. The Nautilus is a great tank, but consider that you then have 2 sets of coils to keep and maintain. Also, the glass is big and vulnerable. If you decide on a Vision Spinner II, a Mini Protank 3 will be a good buy imo - then you also have a smaller form setup.
4. Is there any liquids you can advise me on, i bought wacky wicks, Vanilla cream, Pina colada and bubblegum. all from Vape King. I see their are many different makes. Can i use any liquid in my vaper. Yes, look at the juices from www.vapourmountain.co.za - very well regarded on this forum - check out our review section. Some gourmet juices are also now coming available more freely - Legends range from Vapour Mountain, Five Pawns at www.vapeking.co.za and the Vape Craving range from www.subohmvapor.co.za, more expensive but worth it if to your taste. Again first check out our review section, and remember taste is very subjective.

Greetings Everyone!

This is Bhupesh from Cape Town & i just want to say what an absoloutely stunning forum! Am amazed i missed this forum for so long, i was introduced to it by one of the members, & am glad someone has taken the initiative to create this forum for like minded people! Kudos to those running the show!

I am based in Cape Town & am not only an avid vaper but also have a start up myself called Flo Vapes. Just saw the thread about the vape meet & would love to be a part of it!

Welcome to all the new forumites

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Greetings Everyone!

This is Bhupesh from Cape Town & i just want to say what an absoloutely stunning forum! Am amazed i missed this forum for so long, i was introduced to it by one of the members, & am glad someone has taken the initiative to create this forum for like minded people! Kudos to those running the show!

I am based in Cape Town & am not only an avid vaper but also have a start up myself called Flo Vapes. Just saw the thread about the vape meet & would love to be a part of it!
Most welcome. Sent you a PM (check your inbox top right) about the reseller option. Happy vaping.

Tried to answer your question in blue below, @Nico.
1. I read a lot about newbies having the wrong technique is this possible and if so how can i better mine. With your setup it should not be a problem. Just remember to not smoke it, vape it - long, slow, soft draws/toots.
2. How long does the coils last. I do have two extra coils. Do i need to get some more and when do i change them. That depends on many factors - juice, power you vape at, quality of the coil, etc. Probably about 2 weeks - do not really know as I use my Aerotank infrequently (Reos are my all day devices) - hopefully other members can help. I clean my coils by running under hot water, put into a jar of vodka, seal the jar and let it steep for at least 24 hours. Take out run under hot water again, let it dry and use. Many will dry burn it before using as well. That means firing the coil without juice to get rid of any gunk - pulse it - firing on and off for a few seconds at a time and blow on the coil to get the gunk flying. Yes, you should definitely get more coils so you can have them in rotation between cleaning.
3. I am starting with the SID and an Kangertech earo tank is this sufficient. I do understand that the tank to get is the Nautilus. Were can i get one and will it fit on the SID. Also is it avisable to rather have two setups. That is a great setup. Your biggest threat is if your SID breaks - then you are stuck. Maybe a good idea to maybe get one of the Vision Spinners II as a backup, or even a Vamo V5. Always good to have more than one tank so you can alternate juices to prevent your taste buds from getting bored. The Nautilus is a great tank, but consider that you then have 2 sets of coils to keep and maintain. Also, the glass is big and vulnerable. If you decide on a Vision Spinner II, a Mini Protank 3 will be a good buy imo - then you also have a smaller form setup.
4. Is there any liquids you can advise me on, i bought wacky wicks, Vanilla cream, Pina colada and bubblegum. all from Vape King. I see their are many different makes. Can i use any liquid in my vaper. Yes, look at the juices from www.vapourmountain.co.za - very well regarded on this forum - check out our review section. Some gourmet juices are also now coming available more freely - Legends range from Vapour Mountain, Five Pawns at www.vapeking.co.za and the Vape Craving range from www.subohmvapor.co.za, more expensive but worth it if to your taste. Again first check out our review section, and remember taste is very subjective.
WOW Matthee
Thanks for your reply i really appreciate it, i already feel more confident.

Hi everybody

I started reading up on e-cigarettes last Thursday and then bought a Twisp Clearo at Cape Gate shopping centre on Sunday. I have been going at this for 2 days now and I am enjoying the experience. I only discovered this forum yesterday and have been doing a lot of reading. I had no idea that there were so many brands of hardware and liquids available.
I do have some questions though:
1. I have used about 5ml of liquid in 2 days. Is this too much?
2. After the 2 days my tongue is a little sensitive. Is this normal or am I over doing it?
3. I bought the Twisp liquid with my device, but yesterday bought a different brand which I don't want to name. This other brand leaves quite a nasty after taste. Are all liquids created equal or are there liquids to avoid?

Thank you for a great forum and great advice.

Hi everybody

I started reading up on e-cigarettes last Thursday and then bought a Twisp Clearo at Cape Gate shopping centre on Sunday. I have been going at this for 2 days now and I am enjoying the experience. I only discovered this forum yesterday and have been doing a lot of reading. I had no idea that there were so many brands of hardware and liquids available.
2. After the 2 days my tongue is a little sensitive. Is this normal or am I over doing it?
3. I bought the Twisp liquid with my device, but yesterday bought a different brand which I don't want to name. This other brand leaves quite a nasty after taste. Are all liquids created equal or are there liquids to avoid?

Mufasa Mufasa Mufasa!!!!
Welcome to the forum! Have a great stay here!
1. 5ml isn't a lot at all. Especially if you start vaping.
2. I think your tongue is just adjusting from cigarettes. It is probably starting to cure itself. Me thinks.
3. No, not all liquid is equal. Not at all. A lot of artificial juices out there. Awesome juices at good prices is available from the vendors on this site. Read the reviews in the E-liquid review section and see what will suit your taste.

Again, welcome!

Hi TylerD

Thank you for your reply. Another question. How do i get the "days without cigarettes" banner onto my profile?

welcome all new members congratulations on leaving stinky you came to the right place anything you need to know just ask away great members here to help you the best they can

Luv this fourm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

a warm welcome to all the new members, it's great to see how our lovely home is growing so quickly!! :party: Congrats to all the newbies that have already made the switch to a vaper's life, it really is an amazing lifestyle and just be pre-warned that this gets very addictive hahaha :rock: have fun here with us and best of luck with all the choices that stretches out ahead of you haha :giggle:

Hi TylerD

Thank you for your reply. Another question. How do i get the "days without cigarettes" banner onto my profile?
I would say go and click on someones banner and it should take you to the site where you can obtain your own.
Hope this helps.

Warm welcome all new Vapers...
#vapeon

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Bhups - enjoy your stay!

Hi everybody

Welcome to the forum @Mufasa. Congrats on starting your vaping journey. Its a great thing that you are doing. And our forum is a great place indeed.

@TylerD has answered your questions and i agree with his answers. I also started on Twisp. What I found is that other juices dont taste as good in the Twisp device as the Twisp juices. Their juices are good quality and appear to be well matched to the Twisp hardware. But their juices are expensive. All the best and may your vaping go from strength to strength

Welcome @Mufasa,

Congratulations on the switch form stinkies to vaping. All your questions have been answers so hope you can get a juice that rock your world. And if you have any other questions please don't hesitate

Hi everybody

Most welcome to the forum. A good way to very quickly learn a lot is to attend a Vape Meet. We have a Cape one on Saturday. If you want to attend please say so by posting at the end of the link below, which gives all the details:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/ca...apoli-shop-4-westport-square-sandown-rd.2219/

Hey guys

Name is Renato (shut up i know it's my screen name and no i didn't read the registration page correctly before clicking done :p)

Used to be a social smoker or smoked a lot hub. Bought my first E-Cigaret from Vapeking today. Enjoying the flavor and device. A little bit of a burn in my throat, but i am sure that will go away. (also i see plenty of hydration is needed)

Hope to meet a lot of people at the Vape meet in JHB and learn more about Vaping :)

Back