Introduce Yourselves:

Hi there.
Are there any Afrikaans-speaking vapers, or am I the only one? ;)
My husband and I live on a farm about 50km from Vaalwater. I started vaping early in December of last year, and had my last stinky on the 10th of January.
I have bought an Amaren mini and recently got a Vapeking as a gift.
I am looking forward to learning from this forum. :D

Welcome to the forum @AniDey
Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Great thing!
Enjoy the forum and you will see the Afrikaans speaking members all over.
@johan and @TylerD are both very experienced vapers and they have both helped me a lot in my vaping journey
Veels geluk!

Hey guys

I've been a lurker, when the time allows me to. So I've been vaping for probably 4 months now, gone from some VV sticky batteries to a Sigelei 100w in that time and my collection has grown. It has gone quickly past a tasting nice to quitting the analogues and to hobby and then to lifestyle.

And like most of you I am also waiting for Fasttech orders to arrive. Ha ha

Well cheers, I will try to my best to be more vocal.

Welcome @KrayFish404 - you summed it up so well.
Enjoy the forum - we have a very special place here.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys :D

Reason for the iStick (20w) and nAM is because they are being sold as a combo, and the price is just too good to pass on. This will be my first vaping experience (not even gonna count those horrible cheapy e-cig things) and to be honest, I'm kinda looking forward to the journey, and going straight to the "high end" toys will just take some of that away.

I have a love for techy toys and customising things, so the bug will bite, there is no doubt about it.

Welcome @DemonicBunnee
You are right to want to enjoy the journey. Better to take it slower and enjoy each experience along the way than to try rush into things you may not fully appreciate. Wishing you all the best and enjoy the forum. Your friend @kimbo is a champ!

Hey guys I introduced myself a while back not really knowing much and have only posted once xD but I think iv finally got into my vaping and ready to get some advice /chat and get into the community :D anyway I recently bought myself an aspire cf sub ohm and a kayfun 3.1 heat vape clone I struggled for a bit because I was using 32 gauge nichrome yesterday I twisted 3 strands together and it came alive :D ...oh and hi I'm rob :)

Welcome back to the forum @Rob Stark
Lovely avatar pic you have there!

Wishing you well for your vape journey and enjoy your stay here

As for the kayfun and cf sub ohm, that is a mech, so you need to get your resistance right. Do you have an ohm checker? If so, what ohm is your coil? If the resistance is too high (say above 1.5 ohms for example) the vape will feel mediocre on the mechanical. I am not a Kayfun expert but check out the dedicated content in the Kayfun/Russian land area of the forum.

Hi guys

Been vaping for the last few months after a friend gave me an old twisp of his. Like everyone else I felt it was time to move to the next level. Been lurking for quite abit, learning about Rda's, mods, etc. Due to being a broke student:D have yet to purchase anything yet but plan to in the coming weeks.
I look forward to learning and sharing with you guys in my search for clouds.;)

Welcome @Reee-_-
Wishing you all the best for your stay. Wishing you well in your choices and will be interesting to see what your research yields

Without knowing what kind of vape you are after, allow me to just share some concepts that may help you.

Firstly, i think one a needs a solid reliable workhorse to stay off the stinkies. And two of them for backup purposes.

Then it depends on your vape preference. If you want more flavour and mouth to lung type vaping or more clouds with bigger airflow.

Also depends on whether you prefer dripping or want a more convenient tank solution.

The choices are growing by the day and its quite challenging to predict what you will like just doing online research. I would say try other devices of friends or given you are in CT, go to VapeMob and ask if you can try out a few things. You may discover you dont like something that everyone raves about.

Welcome back to the forum @Rob Stark
Lovely avatar pic you have there!

Wishing you well for your vape journey and enjoy your stay here

As for the kayfun and cf sub ohm, that is a mech, so you need to get your resistance right. Do you have an ohm checker? If so, what ohm is your coil? If the resistance is too high (say above 1.5 ohms for example) the vape will feel mediocre on the mechanical. I am not a Kayfun expert but check out the dedicated content in the Kayfun/Russian land area of the forum.
I use a multi meter and my ohms are at .95 and I aimed for one ohm I'm doing electrical so no need to worry about my coils just need to get my wicking setup and juice preference which I'm hoping someone will help me with a good recipe I'm getting the mixing kit from sky blue :)

This is my build twisted some nichrome 32 together
d12d80311d48e291c8b77e5cc96533a6.jpg

Hey all,

My name is Shaun and I've been off cigarettes for about three weeks now. Got myself a DigiCig Pro starter kit with a gift voucher I got for Christmas thinking I might as well give it a shot.

Long story short I'm really stoked with this whole vaping business.

If I had one complaint it's that with my returning sense of smell, driving past the local Caltex refinery sucks a lot more than it used to.

Hey all,

My name is Shaun and I've been off cigarettes for about three weeks now. Got myself a DigiCig Pro starter kit with a gift voucher I got for Christmas thinking I might as well give it a shot.

Long story short I'm really stoked with this whole vaping business.

If I had one complaint it's that with my returning sense of smell, driving past the local Caltex refinery sucks a lot more than it used to.
Lol, your taste buds are going to play havoc with you around this period. Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Do shout if you have any questions. Happy vaping.

Welcome @Manbearzombie

Congrats on making it past the first three weeks...they are the toughest and it's fantastic that you stuck it out :clap:
Vaping is indeed a wonderful lifestyle (it's so much more than a replacement for smoking) and we are glad to have you here :D
As for your returning sense of smell...that's only the first of many positive effects you will be experiencing in the coming months - vaping improves your life in so many ways :)

As @Andre said, just ask if you have any questions and enjoy the forum :D

Welcome to all the new members.
If you are interested in tasting in receiving a box full of juices to taste, please add your name to the list here.

Man work is killing my online social life. Welcome to all the new guys, Hope you have a fantastic, well informed, and bank balance shrinking stay with us.

Welcome to the forum @Manbearzombie
Congrats on giving up the stinkies - you are doing a great thing
Wishing you all the best for your vape journey and may you find lots of enjoyment in 2015!
Enjoy the forum. We have a great place here.

Hi Guys. new to this forum, well new as an active member. been stalking this place for a while now. so i started a few years back on some puffaways, moved on to twisp neo, twisp clearo, evod2 starter pack, now on to bigger and better things thanks to the help of this forum. In the past week ive just received my 30w iStick from @sirvape my subtank mini from @vapeclub and my nautilis mini from Zunaid at the eCig store in lenasia. Got some awesome juices from @VapeKing (LOVING THE VK4 thanks guys).

Heres to empty wallets and tired lungs!

In the words of the doge himself. Much Vaping, very clouds, WOW.

Hi Guys. new to this forum, well new as an active member. been stalking this place for a while now. so i started a few years back on some puffaways, moved on to twisp neo, twisp clearo, evod2 starter pack, now on to bigger and better things thanks to the help of this forum. In the past week ive just received my 30w iStick from @sirvape my subtank mini from @vapeclub and my nautilis mini from Zunaid at the eCig store in lenasia. Got some awesome juices from @VapeKing (LOVING THE VK4 thanks guys).

Welcome to the forum everyone. I'm sure I missed a few this past 2 weeks.

Most welcome. Yip, the hobby bug has bitten and the wallet will complain. Enjoy the awesome new gear.

Welcome @Jakey

Whoa...seems you've been well sorted after being bit by the bug...some great new gear and already a flavour junkie I see - you'll fit right in here :D
What nic level are you running now?

Welcome @Jakey

Whoa...seems you've been well sorted after being bit by the bug...some great new gear and already a flavour junkie I see - you'll fit right in here :D
What nic level are you running now?
0mg hey, this is a tough one for me. not quite getting the throat hit, but even the slightest amount of nic for me seems too much, like i bought bombies nana cream 3mg nic and one 0mg, add just a few drops of the 3mg into the tank and still feels like too much nic. no idea how to get the mix just right

Oh cool, and I suppose you started higher and moved down to 0mg - or have you always been on 0?

As for the nic mix...I guess you could try mixing in some with PG/VG nic concentrate, but I'm not sure whether or not that will be any different than adding a bit of 3mg to the 0mg...might be worth a try though :D

Oh cool, and I suppose you started higher and moved down to 0mg - or have you always been on 0?

As for the nic mix...I guess you could try mixing in some with PG/VG nic concentrate, but I'm not sure whether or not that will be any different than adding a bit of 3mg to the 0mg...might be worth a try though :D
well always been at zero. somehow very sensitive to the nic even though ive been smoking cigs. tried adding VG, havent tried PG, but yeah il get there hehe. i get a nice vape when using the subtank 1.2ohm coils at about 25watts. but damn juice levels seem to drop rather quickly.

well always been at zero. somehow very sensitive to the nic even though ive been smoking cigs. tried adding VG, havent tried PG, but yeah il get there hehe. i get a nice vape when using the subtank 1.2ohm coils at about 25watts. but damn juice levels seem to drop rather quickly.

Brilliant! Sticking to 0mg is probably good :D
There might also be some other additives that can give some throat hit and flavours seem to play some part as well. I'm just not sure whether it is at all possible to get any kind of hit from 0mg but there should be a way - good luck finding it :)

I've also noticed the SubTank mini is a bit of juiceaholic...just loves gobbling up the stuff ;)

Hi, I am not a newbie. I haven't been vaping for 6 months now, because I am pregnant. My name on the forum used to be Tweetie Pie. I miss vaping so much. Just 2 more months that I can start vaping again. Just wanted to introduce me with my new name.

Hi, I am not a newbie. I haven't been vaping for 6 months now, because I am pregnant. My name on the forum used to be Tweetie Pie. I miss vaping so much. Just 2 more months that I can start vaping again. Just wanted to introduce me with my new name.
Ah, remember you. Why did you get a new profile? You could just have asked an administrator to change your oll name. All the best with the pregnancy. Hang in there with the not-vaping.

Back